Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

[html/possible other] <iframe> help...
Posted 2008-04-04, 06:27 PM
Alright, here's the question...

I have a page that I've set up an <iframe> on. Now, that works and is fine and dandy, but, I need to know if there is a way to open up another page within it.

Basically, I have this, <a href="#000">1</a> <a href="#001">2</a>, now how exactly could I make clicking on number 2 anchor to page two?

<iframe id="000" name="000" width="85%" height="100px" src="page0.html"></iframe>

<iframe id="001" name="001" width="85%" height="100px" src="page1.html"></iframe>

I have a feeling it is possible, but I think it may require other scripting methods. By the way, if you know of a way to do it in php, that will work as well, or even python and perl for that matter.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-04, 11:35 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "[html/possible other] <iframe>..."
I believe that the name attribute on an iframe is used as the window name, so simply adding a target attribute to the link indicating the name attribute of the iframe you want to target should do the trick. That said, iframes suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-04-05, 12:05 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I believe that the name attribute on an..."
WetWired said:
I believe that the name attribute on an iframe is used as the window name, so simply adding a target attribute to the link indicating the name attribute of the iframe you want to target should do the trick. That said, iframes suck.
WW, that is the most sense you've ever made, iframes suck. Yes they do, I decided, not long after posting, that I was not going to use them. Too much work just for a bloody little bit, I will just make 28 pages of the same template I made. Much easier. By the way, I have successfully been a cheap rip off of phpBB3. Basically to skip any need for me to create a join script, I just use the forums script to join. Then I now have designed the site to read from the phpBB3 users, and that logs you in! Problem...I can't figure out how to simply display a name on each page if you are logged in, and if you are not, then another message. Err...I'll get around to it at some point, I think.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-05, 11:55 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "WW, that is the most sense you've ever..."
Are you pulling from the same template for all the pages, or are there 28 copies? What problem are you having with displaying the name?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-04-05, 04:32 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Are you pulling from the same template..."
WetWired said:
Are you pulling from the same template for all the pages, or are there 28 copies? What problem are you having with displaying the name?
Yes, I made a template, and now am just replicating it on 28 pages.

Now, I've learned to use the login from phpBB3 to log in. Issue, I haven't figured out how to display a name such as, "Welcome Goodlookinguy" "Logout," in the top right or left corners.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-05, 06:39 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yes, I made a template, and now am just..."
Well how can you tell if they're logged in?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-04-05, 08:03 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well how can you tell if they're logged..."
WetWired said:
Well how can you tell if they're logged in?
I can't. I should have stated that, "I think" I've figured out how to log a person in, now I need to display the proof of this.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-05, 08:50 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I can't. I should have stated that, "I..."
Sounds like fun. I know for vB, you pretty much just have to include gobal.php to get access to all the good stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired