Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2002-04-10, 04:32 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Quote:
Originally posted by tacoX
ok GANDHI, lol
Okay fine, but I don't see Hinduism on there, either.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-10, 04:38 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (98%)
3. Orthodox Quaker (97%)
4. Reform Judaism (97%)
5. Unitarian Universalism (85%)
6. Orthodox Judaism (84%)
7. Sikhism (84%)
8. Islam (79%)
9. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (74%)
10. Neo-Pagan (70%)
11. Bahá'í Faith (69%)
12. New Age (64%)
13. Eastern Orthodox (63%)
14. Roman Catholic (63%)
15. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (63%)
16. Seventh Day Adventist (60%)
17. Scientology (59%)
18. New Thought (57%)
19. Mahayana Buddhism (56%)
20. Jehovah's Witness (54%)
21. Hinduism (52%)
22. Jainism (52%)
23. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (50%)
24. Secular Humanism (45%)
25. Theravada Buddhism (42%)
26. Taoism (35%)
27. Nontheist (18%)

hmm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-04-21, 01:39 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Hey, Im also United (pryspiterian, methodist, and congrigational...I think) its all good in my chirch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-04-24, 07:55 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Well I do believe if god. BUT I also believe if the punk manifesto by Greg Graffin which in some ways contridicts the bible so I dunno what I am....

Punk Manifesto - A belief that this world is what we make of it, truth comes from our understanding of the way things are, not from the blind adherence to prescriptions about the way things should be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlaX0r is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlaX0r is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlaX0r

Posted 2002-04-25, 12:05 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Theravada Buddhism (100%)

lol i dotn belive in anything tho
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-04-25, 02:58 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Here's my results:

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)

That's pretty accurate.

-PozerPunk (Non-Denominational Christian)

Want a site with alot of hacks, gaming news, and Computer news? Well
Underground Candy Forums
is the place for you!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PozerPunk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPozerPunk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

PozerPunk

Posted 2002-05-17, 09:01 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
i got secular humanism, followed by nontheist

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-05-18, 02:36 AM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Man the top 1 in my list was mormon and I kinda hate the damn people (live in utah for a couple years and you will see why) there to damn straight but I did rush through the questions guess I am gonna have to try it again later
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-05-18, 07:12 AM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Catholic o_O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-05-18, 08:41 AM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiccan][V][asta
Catholic
was catolic before...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-05-18, 12:45 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
i was at one point, but then i gave up lol

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2002-05-18, 01:41 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
1. Nontheist (100%)
2. Secular Humanism (100%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (86%)

Nontheist

Nontheists include atheists, agnostics and others. Atheists' beliefs are similar to those of the Humanists, but do not necessarily include the emphasis on humanity's ability to improve the human condition. Views on contemporary issues vary widely. Agnostics are inclined to question the existence of supernatural being(s) or a force, e.g. the answer to whether or not God (or Deity) exists would be: "We do not and/or cannot know."

Secular Humanism

Belief in Deity: Not considered important. Most Humanists are atheists or agnostics.
Incarnations: Same as above.
Origins of universe/life: The scientific method is most respected as the means for revealing the mysteries of the origins of the universe and life.
After death: An afterlife or spiritual existence after death is not recognized.
Why evil? No concept of “evil.” Reasons for wrongdoing are explored through scientific methods, e.g. through study of sociology, psychology, criminology, etc.
Salvation: No concept of afterlife or spiritual liberation or salvation. Realizing ones personal potential and working for the betterment of humanity through ethical consciousness and social works are considered paramount, but from a naturalistic rather than supernatural standpoint.
Undeserved suffering: No spiritual reasons, but rather a matter of human vulnerability to misfortune, illness, and victimization.
Contemporary Issues: The American Humanist Association endorses elective abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and non-violence, and environmental protection.

Unitarian Universalism

A liberal and diverse religious organization comprised of mostly atheists (or non-theists), agnostics, Humanists, liberal Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Neopagans, etc.

Belief in Deity: Very diverse beliefs - Unitarian Universalists welcome all deity beliefs as well as nontheistic beliefs. Some congregations are formed for those who share a common belief, e.g. Christianity.
Incarnations: Very diverse beliefs, including belief in no incarnations, or that all are the embodiment of God. Some believe Christ is God's Son, or not Son but "Wayshower."
Origins of universe/life: Diverse beliefs, but most believe in the Bible as symbolic and that natural processes account for origins.
After death: Diverse beliefs, but most believe that heaven and hell are not places, but are symbolic. Some believe heaven and hell are states of consciousness either in life or continuing after death; some believe in reincarnation; some believe that afterlife is nonexistent or not known or not important, as actions in life are all that matter.
Why evil? Diverse beliefs. Some believe wrong is committed when people distance themselves from God. Some believe in “karma,” that what goes around comes around. Some believe wrongdoing is a matter of human nature, psychology, sociology, etc.
Salvation: Some believe in salvation through faith in God and Jesus Christ, along with doing good works and doing no harm to others. Many believe all will be saved, as God is good and forgiving. Some believe in reincarnation and the necessity to eliminate personal greed or to learn all of life’s lessons before achieving enlightenment or salvation. For some, the concepts of salvation or enlightenment are irrelevant or disbelieved.
Undeserved suffering: Diverse beliefs. It would be a rare Unitarian Universalists that believes that a literal Satan causes suffering. Some believe suffering is part of God’s plan, will, or design even if we don’t immediately understand it. Some don’t believe in any spiritual reasons for suffering, and most take a humanistic approach to helping those in need.
Contemporary Issues: The Unitarian Universalist Association’s stance is to protect the personal right to choose abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and non-violence, and environmental protection.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED

Last edited by User Name # 1; 2002-05-18 at 01:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-05-19, 03:27 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
1. Eastern Orthodox (100%) Click here for info
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%) Click here for info
3. Roman Catholic (100%) Click here for info
4. Orthodox Quaker (87%) Click here for info
5. Seventh Day Adventist (86%) Click here for info
6. Jehovah's Witness (81%) Click here for info
7. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (76%) Click here for info
8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (71%) Click here for info
9. Orthodox Judaism (64%) Click here for info
10. Bahá'í Faith (61%) Click here for info
11. Islam (56%) Click here for info
12. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (55%) Click here for info
13. Sikhism (51%) Click here for info
14. Liberal Quakers (48%) Click here for info
15. Hinduism (43%) Click here for info
16. Unitarian Universalism (36%) Click here for info
17. Jainism (34%) Click here for info
18. Reform Judaism (30%) Click here for info
19. New Thought (28%) Click here for info
20. Scientology (27%) Click here for info
21. Mahayana Buddhism (24%) Click here for info
22. Neo-Pagan (23%) Click here for info
23. Theravada Buddhism (23%) Click here for info
24. New Age (21%) Click here for info
25. Secular Humanism (19%) Click here for info
26. Nontheist (17%) Click here for info
27. Taoism (12%) Click here for info

WTF is New Thought? Blah...
In reality, I'm Roman Catholic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ShadowHawk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShadowHawk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ShadowHawk

Posted 2002-05-19, 05:40 PM in reply to spa's post "Religion"
i'm pagan or wiccan to be better understood
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ViciousMilitia