Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my router
Posted 2003-01-02, 07:03 PM
Ok, here's the story, my sister is on my network using my router, meaning i have admin on my router, now shes just taking up way too much bandwidth on my connection that games just plain lag now. Is there a way that I can limit her usage to like.. say... 20 kb/s at most. BTW, i'm using a D-link wireless router.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LordZpider

Posted 2003-01-02, 09:09 PM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
Someone needs too move this too help forum ( don't worry it is quite new so you prolly haven't heard of it )
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2003-01-02, 10:43 PM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
Hmm thats a good question, i want an answer too coz the other comps get too much connection making this one go slower sometimes + i need it for downloads
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-01-03, 09:51 AM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
Hmm maybe this little program might be of some help, http://bsb.net.ru/en/index.shtml

*Edit: you said she plays games to lag you?? If they are online computer games you install and everything I don't think this will help..it's only HTTP data I believe
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShade enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shade

Posted 2003-01-03, 10:11 AM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
does dat include downloads on P2P programs? this program isn't useful at all, gotta install on client side and also, even if i can do that, this thing don't seem to work for me. ah well... i wish there was a program increase the amount of settings on my router. cuz the one dlink provides is a piece of crap
C. M. Ngan
Aerospace Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

Last edited by LordZpider; 2003-01-03 at 10:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLordZpider is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LordZpider

Posted 2003-01-24, 06:03 PM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
You could always just use WinVNC and , take control of her cpu and cancel all of her applications, i do it to my little bro all the time , he doesnt know what the hell to think , ::evill cackle::.
TURBO
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
#1_turbo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between#1_turbo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

#1_turbo

Posted 2003-01-24, 06:16 PM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
the thing is to reduce their connection to soemthing like 56k so they dont waste connection in stupid things like chats and shit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-01-24, 06:36 PM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
It would be pretty hard to do that-there maybe some registry settings you could change. Another way is to threaten her... what kind of stuff does she download so much?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
drivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendrivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

drivehappy

Posted 2003-01-24, 08:27 PM in reply to LordZpider's post "Limiting Bandwidth of a user on my..."
Try NetAdmin...
Or buy a router with bandwidth manager
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MiNi_MaX