Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Home Theatre
Posted 2008-03-15, 11:22 PM
So, my dad decided to spoil himself late 2007 by buying a 106" HD Projection system. I got to help set some of it up at Christmas and watched all kinds of stuff on it. Im looking forward to going back home this summer and hooking my PC up to it for a few days for gaming purposes.

I know its been a few months since we got it, im just lazy with posting pictures lol. I can't remember the specs but it ran him $6000. It is a really nice system for what it is, plenty fucking big too. The room is finished now, we just had a slight flood that meant we had to tear up the floating floor and move the actual stands out for the time being.

Enjoy it in all its massiveness

PS, cell phone pics blow balls...this summer i'll get some really nice shots with a friends digital camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Theatre Room.jpg (39.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 106 inch screen.jpg (81.8 KB, 7 views)

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2008-03-16, 01:06 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "Home Theatre"
Sweet, what's he have for audio?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-16, 12:15 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Sweet, what's he have for audio?"
He has a Yamaha amp with 5.1 surround Paradigm speakers. It sounds really nice and trust me, we didnt hesitate to crank her wide open.

Again, I can't remember the exact specs off the top of my head though. From checking out the Paradigm website, its the Cinema models(how creative lol).
He pretty much went to the audio store(not these Thesources and shit, an independant audio store we've always gone to...they know a fuck more about audio and video then the shit franchise store employees lol) and they hooked him up with a dope system bit cheaper sicne he's always bought everything from them.

The screen he got is this brand new design that ran him $1200 lol.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2008-03-16, 12:31 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "He has a Yamaha amp with 5.1 surround..."
What games do you plan to play on it? I'm sure any war related game would draw a crowd. That's quite a large screen!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-03-16, 01:00 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "What games do you plan to play on it?..."
I'll be playing WoW for sure...raiding on my Holy Priest with Picture in Picture to keep me awake lol. Play some old school Counter Strike maybe to. I'll have to see what else I have for games by then.

We played 4player Halo 3 online over the Christmas break and its like having your own 40" screen per person. It really owns.

I want to get a PS3, but money is a bit of an issue at this time, so I may have to wait for summer to get one, but it will be worth it .

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide