Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Things don't sound good for D3 hacking
Posted 2008-06-28, 04:27 PM
In all honesty, I don't think D3 hacking will be anywhere near the same as D2 hacking. Call me pessimistic.

I remember reading somewhere this morning that they are planning to make preventing cheating a big focus of theirs, and will be able to do so with the "new" battle.net that they are going to have for D3 and SC2. They said that the new battle.net will be much more effective at stopping hackers and cheaters.

Blizzard isn't the silly little game company they used to be. They've got a lot of experience dealing with preventing hacking and such, and the Warden is pretty good proof of that. That, along with the new battle.net, makes me think that we won't see hacking or cheating even on the same level as what we saw with D2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-28, 04:43 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Things don't sound good for D3 hacking"
Couldn't you use a virtual PC program to hide your hacks and expoits from the warden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-06-28, 08:59 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Couldn't you use a virtual PC program..."
From the sound of things, the Warden isn't going to be the only problem. The Warden exists right now. I'm sure they'll make it bigger and badder, but they'll probably have other tricks up their sleeves as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-28, 10:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "From the sound of things, the Warden..."
At the risk of being an ass, I have to say, "It's almost like they learned something in the last 10 years".

Things aren't good at all for WoW-hacking, however if Diablo III still stores a lot of stuff clientside, it'll still be a damn sight better than WoW in terms of hacking/etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-06-28, 10:28 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "At the risk of being an ass, I have to..."
I wonder if you'll have to pay to play...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-06-29, 12:30 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "At the risk of being an ass, I have to..."
Vollstrecker said: [Goto]
At the risk of being an ass, I have to say, "It's almost like they learned something in the last 10 years".

Things aren't good at all for WoW-hacking, however if Diablo III still stores a lot of stuff clientside, it'll still be a damn sight better than WoW in terms of hacking/etc.
I don't doubt that there will be SOME sort of hacks/cheats, as I don't think those will ever be prevented in any game completely. I just don't think it will be nearly the same as it is in Diablo 2. The Warden makes it pretty certain that, if you do hack/cheat, you'll only be able to do so for a very short time.

Blizzard has clearly learned a lot about hack prevention. Look at WoW, for example. While it isn't hack free, hackers don't stick around for long at all. Even botters get the banstick eventually.

Makes me a bit worried about us focusing on being a D3 hacking community. At the very least, I think we should focus on being something more like diabloii.net is. They have all sorts of general Diablo discussion, strategy forums for every character class, statistics forum for number crunching and such, and a trade forum for item pricing and finding people to trade with. They don't condone or support hacking in any way, and they're doing just fine.

We could essentially do the same thing, and still have a section for hacking. Focusing on hacking alone might be a mistake, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-04, 03:02 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't doubt that there will be SOME..."
I didn't imagine we'd be solely D3 hacking, that'd be retarded. Hell, we were never even all D2 hacking, a lot of the forum was build ideas and tutorials...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-07-06, 06:43 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I didn't imagine we'd be solely D3..."
Please, get the original D2 Krew up in here and we'll get a dupe method.....(Im looking at you xenn)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2008-07-06, 11:44 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Please, get the original D2 Krew up in..."
And hellmonkeys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-06, 12:21 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "And hellmonkeys."
UN#1.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-06, 02:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "UN#1."
the days when zel used to be leet...

except me, i'm still real real leet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2008-07-06, 02:35 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "the days when zel used to be leet... ..."
Oh those were the days alright... :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-15, 07:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Things don't sound good for D3 hacking"
What about an open battle.net. Do you think they will make another one of those in this game? It really did keep peoples want to hack down cuz they could do it there.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>

Last edited by Asamin; 2008-07-15 at 07:31 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-07-15, 08:57 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "What about an open battle.net. Do you..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
What about an open battle.net. Do you think they will make another one of those in this game? It really did keep peoples want to hack down cuz they could do it there.
I don't think that it really had any effect on whether or not people hacked on closed battle.net. They could just as easily hack in single player. It's not the same when everyone else is using the same hacks. People use hacks on closed battle.net to gain an advantage over others, because they are assholes.

They'll probably have an open battle.net, though. The whole point of open battle.net is that you can play your single-player characters there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-17, 04:13 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think that it really had any..."
Hacking won't be slowed down at all, at least privately.

I promise you that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2008-10-09, 09:57 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Hacking won't be slowed down at all, at..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights