Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Principia Mathematica

Heliopolis
Posted 2015-06-08, 08:54 PM

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2015-06-08, 11:56 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Heliopolis"
Time for more!

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2015-06-10, 08:40 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Time for more! ..."

And... buljong?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2015-06-11, 02:29 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "http://zelaron.com/buljong/gallery/pyra0..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
And... buljong?

Bouillon. Useful for making delicious soup.

Try generating some new artworks: http://zelaron.com/buljong/imhotep.h...entered=random

Set it to verbose=1 if you want to save the rule used to generate the picture, in case you expect to come across something particularly interesting. I honestly don't know what kind of crazy things it might output. I've seen sine waves, triangular and rectangular grids, Wolfram's rule 30 (which is used to generate random numbers and also occurs in nature, among other things), highways resembling those produced by Langton's ant, etc.

As far as I know, no-one has played around with the model for cellular automata I'm using.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2015-06-12, 10:37 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Bouillon. Useful for making delicious..."
I got it to generate some pretty weird shit but I don't know what would be considered particularly interesting or abnormal. Anyway, here's some:
Attached Images
File Type: png q3gf.png (91.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png 3r.png (71.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png 3.png (37.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png 42.png (23.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png c3anvas.png (54.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png canvas.png (65.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png canvas2.png (78.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png cc.png (52.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png index.png (85.8 KB, 1 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2015-06-12, 08:41 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I got it to generate some pretty weird..."
I haven't seen anything like the lonely triangle in your first example before. Pretty neat! Nice and strange textures, overall, too.

Generic contribution:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2015-06-13, 09:49 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I haven't seen anything like the lonely..."
I don't know the internal workings of this generator but I was attempting to provoke weird outputs by altering the colors parameter to things like -0, 1.2, 5-3, 3(3), *, etc. Like I said I don't know how its scripted so for all I know any non-(positive)numerical input could default to 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-