Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

PSP Official News!
Posted 2004-10-28, 06:31 PM
That's right boys, the PSP is in competition with the DS!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...s_6111570.html <---News right up.

Basic pack is $185 (appr)
Advanced pack is $232 (appr) but includes Memory stick, headphones with audio controls, Battery pack.

Of course you can buy all these extra's seperately.

Here are some screens of the handheld. http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...70.html?page=1

The DS has just been FUCKED.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-10-28, 07:15 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "PSP Official News!"
Tyrannicide said:
The DS has just been FUCKED.
Not really.

I'm still going to buy the DS over this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-28, 07:22 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Not really. I'm still going to buy..."
Depends what the US game lineup looks like. I will not buy either until there is a proven worthwhile game for them. I only got my GBA after I tried Advance Wars. An updated awesome game like that could persuade me to buy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-10-28, 08:42 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "PSP Official News!"
Holy shit that thing is huge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-10-28, 08:57 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Holy shit that thing is huge."
That thing is balls, rofl.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:30 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "PSP Official News!"
Have I not explained in quite thorough detail why the DS is most certainly not fucked in this situation? It's still $240 for the actual package (who's going to buy this thing without a memory stick?!) and the game selection is going to be nothing but ports.

Being priced 60 bucks lower than most people were expecting makes no difference. Plus, those aren't even the North American MSRPs. Those are conversions based on the Japanese numbers. The basic package will either be equal to the amount or more expensive when it reaches America.

The PSP has fucked itself, compadre.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-10-28 at 11:33 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:35 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Have I not explained in quite thorough..."
Also note that the release date, IN AMERICA for the ds is at 11/22 atm (www.gamestop.com). The psp is is being released in JAPAN ONLY on 12/12. Who knows how long until a us debut (less they said in that article, I didn't really care to read it).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-28, 11:51 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Also note that the release date, IN..."
Sony will probably hold off on the American release until the summer. Their only hope is to catch the kids who are filling up employment slots all over the country and lure them into a buying frenzy. That's still not the prime season for a hardware release, and the sales will suffer because of it.

On top of that, if Sony waits that long, Nintendo will have had 6 months to sell the DS at $150 apiece. By that point, they'll probably be ready to drop the price, making that $240 pricetag on the PSP look ridiculous by comparison.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-29, 12:47 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "PSP Official News!"
Do they list the dimensions on that thing anywhere?
Someone wanna tell me please?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-10-29, 04:28 AM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Do they list the dimensions on that..."
Big x Large x Wide.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-10-29, 04:43 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Big x Large x Wide."
I want to see sources on that, Grav.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-29, 04:43 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I want to see sources on that, Grav."
www.poopsex.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2004-10-29, 04:45 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "www.poopsex.com"
Those dimensions are a lot...browner than I thought they'd be...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-29, 06:59 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I want to see sources on that, Grav."
Approximately 170mm (W) x 23mm (H) x 74mm (D)

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele...f/041027ae.pdf

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2004-11-24, 07:43 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "Approximately 170mm (W) x 23mm (H) x..."
I'm so excited about this. The PSP is so much better than the DS in many aspects that it's not even funny. The Touch screen is a joke, it's so hard to play with it. I played Mario 64x4 and some Metriod Demo and it's crap. The dual screen option is nice, but it's small. The psp's graphics alone and newly lowered price are much more marketable.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-11-24, 08:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm so excited about this. The PSP is..."
yah i like the bigger screen rather than 2 small screens
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-11-24, 08:53 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "yah i like the bigger screen rather..."
this guy in my class was playing super mario 64x4 in his ds.......how lame is having to hit the fuckign screen to play...touch screen is good for some things but not for gaming, anyway as always nintendo's lineup is just kiddy games as usual.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-11-24, 10:59 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "this guy in my class was playing super..."
You guys are pathetic. You resurrect a month-dead PSP thread to flame the DS.

Small penis syndrome, anybody?

By the way, one million DS pre-orders in America and two-million pre-orders in Japan = ownage.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-11-24 at 11:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-25, 01:30 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "You guys are pathetic. You resurrect a..."
Wow 3 million nintendophiliaks.

The game lineup is just like it was for GAMEBOY. And Gameboy advance, and Gameboy SP, and it just keeps going and going and going.

The touch screen is horrible, and you have to use that stupid ass pen if you want any precise shots or pushes, and holding a pen and controlling everything else with your other hand gets old and pissy. The DS is a bust.

Yes Raziel, I believe you have SPS......

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-11-25, 02:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wow 3 million nintendophiliaks. The..."
D3V said:
Wow 3 million nintendophiliaks.
Yep. 3 million pre-orders. That's not even the units that have been sold directly over the counter, because most retail outlets like EB and Gamestop sold out of their pre-order stock within 24 hours of opening the order channels. In Japan, Nintendo has had to contract a third manufacturing plant to start cranking out DS units because they can't keep up with consumer demand.

Quote:
The game lineup is just like it was for GAMEBOY. And Gameboy advance, and Gameboy SP, and it just keeps going and going and going.
Funny, I don't recall seeing 3D, touchscreen-based Mario or Metroid games on the Gameboy Advance at any point. I must be going crazy. However, I have already seen all of the ports and rehashes that Sony is using to launch their handheld with.

Quote:
The touch screen is horrible, and you have to use that stupid ass pen if you want any precise shots or pushes, and holding a pen and controlling everything else with your other hand gets old and pissy.
No you don't. You can use your bare thumb or the thumb-strap included with the system. Actually, using either is far more accurate than using the stylus, and it allows you to hold the system with both hands. Nice try, moron. It's not Nintendo's fault that you suck at something as simple as touching a screen with your finger.

Quote:
The DS is a bust.
Yep. 3 million pre-orders = "bust".

Quote:
Yes Raziel, I believe you have SPS......
I've got a GBA SP and a Nintendo DS. The tiny dick is all yours, buddy. Remember, you are the one who went and digged up a month-dead PSP thread to flame the DS. I'm just laughing at your pathetic attempts to justify it.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-11-25 at 02:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel