Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Lightbulb Make Reputation public
Posted 2008-05-29, 02:19 PM
Very simple solution that could possibly save the reputation system from the constant bitching and complaining. Once it is public there can be no questioning, asking, bitching, complaining or conspiriacies. Making reputation public would eliminate the negative effects of reputation adding wether it be negative or positive, if it were public everyone could make their own assumptions.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-29, 02:32 PM in reply to D3V's post "Make Reputation public"
im posting in this thread because this is serious business and my opinion matters
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-05-29, 02:37 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "im posting in this thread because this..."
Goddamnit

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-29, 02:38 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "im posting in this thread because this..."
Thanatos said:
im posting in this thread because this is serious business and my opinion matters
I don't really car, but a nifty iea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-05-29, 04:37 PM in reply to D3V's post "Make Reputation public"
D3V said:
Very simple solution that could possibly save the reputation system from the constant bitching and complaining. Once it is public there can be no questioning, asking, bitching, complaining or conspiriacies. Making reputation public would eliminate the negative effects of reputation adding wether it be negative or positive, if it were public everyone could make their own assumptions.
It's not a simple fix, because it's not simple to do. I think WW already said that. Sure, I'd love for it to be public, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately.

Also, I find it slightly ironic that you're the one asking for this. Do you really want everyone to see the total of 13 reps, totaling nearly 100 points (if I remember correctly, I don't have the stats in front of me at the moment) that you recieved from Afroman (with whom you share common IP addresses), all positive? Do you really want everyone to see all of the completely random negative reps you've given people on completely random posts giving no sort of reason that makes sense?

Shit, you're primarily the one who has messed up the reputation system. I'm sure you're not the only one who has done the things I just said, but I don't think anyone else has done it nearly as much as you. For some reason you felt the need to try to raise your rep really high and look cool, so now the system doesn't properly reflect the quality of peoples posts. For the longest time, my rep was below yours, which was by no means accurate. Just the same, you took MedievalBob down to 1 bar for whatever reason, while you were at 4 bars.

I ask you, guys, do you really feel like, if you were rating people who visit these forums, D3v would be at 4 bars while MedievalBob would be at 1?

Point: You messed up the system and now you're trying to get it fixed. While I agree with you that it needs to be fixed, I just find it slightly ironic.

Prediction: D3v will now either completely ignore or deny everything I've said, and probably call me a doodyhead or degenerate the argument in some other immature way because he knows he's wrong and he's either afraid to or is incapable of having any sort of intellectual discussion with someone that he knows is hands-down his intellectual superior.

You can call me Nostradamus!

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2008-05-29 at 04:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-29, 06:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's not a simple fix, because it's not..."
Fucking owned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-05-29, 07:56 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Fucking owned."
Lots of typos...hmm, making rep public I guess would be good. It's not like they matter that much anyway, anyone can have high rep (like D3V, but his methods are outright lame- Unless somehow someone created and/or used an account on his IP address for a time only giving most rep to him and typing things with a D3V personality).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-30, 06:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's not a simple fix, because it's not..."
If I cared about any of that I wouldnt've have suggested it. I don't give a shit if people see the reputation from Afroman.

I'm more interested in seeing the "honest" persons rep, or atleast the ones that claim it so muchly.

I'm searching already for a VB plugin that would make this possible.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V