Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

War machine
Posted 2004-12-27, 10:34 PM
Alright dudes, correct me if im wrong but isnt the war machien supposed to bring a country out of economic slump? It worked for the germans prior to world war one, and it has worked out for various countries. Even worked out for saddam for a while after the cold war trial. And then he invaded iran. Alright thats just funny.

But the reason this simply works is the workforce needed to create the weapons, union shops, vehicles, armor, jacket, simple bandages, guns. It all required people behind the counter putting thiss shit together. Now i realise progression has made this automated, but a lot of parts like putting together hummers, welding (and their is a shit load of welding), basic assembly, and basicaly many other required procedures to produce and manage a war.

Now the second gulf war is over, even tho we lost more soldiers in the aftermath than during the entire campaign. But it seems with the occupation of iraq it is requiring more supplies than ever. I know the expense cost is their but its shadowed by the production profits.And every single american who produces these supplies puts money back into the american system helps the econmy grow stronger.

How dumb can you be to fuck up the war machine? Or did i overshoot something. The only thing i can think of is the insane cost of producing bombs that we no longer use or aircraft that simply rust in airfields and soon become outdated and useless.

From the force to the union shops
The war economy is making new jobs
But the people who benefit most
Are breaking bread with their benevolent hosts
Who never stole from the rich to give to the poor
All they ever gave to them was a war
And a foreign enemy to deplore -bad religion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hobbesDude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhobbesDude is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hobbesDude