Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Zune
Posted 2006-11-13, 06:53 PM
Well, I've been wanting an MP3 player for a while, almost bought an Ipod Video, but backed down because I saw a glimpse of another product by microsoft several weeks ago. I don't know why, but it just looked... Cool.

Anyways, I've been checking out the newly named Zune since I've found out it's real and in stores tommorrow.

On a different note, it's... Awesome. Awesome. 44% bigger screen than the ipod, but it's consequently thicker and bigger. No biggie, still fits in my jacket pocket so I can sneak the ear buds up a hole and through the sleeve to end up in my palm and make study hall a bunch more enjoyable. But, do you think I should trust microsoft? Really, maybe they're world domination is at hand, not to mention the Zune might have problems.

Check it out and tell me if I should still lug around my 15 some CD's. I have no problem except my Player is shit and I take a knife and go emo on it every week to get any sound.

Sounds better than the rest, but I'm a very easily convinced kid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-13, 10:00 PM in reply to Atnas's post "Zune"
Heh. My stores taking preorders on it. Officemax is trying to make up for not ever selling an ipod
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-11-14, 11:38 AM in reply to Atnas's post "Zune"
I read an article the other day (it was either 1up, IGN, or Gamespot), and it sounded alright... though they had a lot to say about things it was bad at.

There were things such as the "answer to iTunes" using points, like Xbox Live, rather than real money, and that if you send someone a song they can only listen to it for three days, and then it just disappears.

I'll try and find the article.

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-11-14 at 11:43 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-14, 11:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I read an article the other day (it was..."
I can see it now. Modded Zunes...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-11-14, 02:29 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I can see it now. Modded Zunes..."
Hey, if they are putting out new firmware upgrades, there's bound to be one of those.

Three days isn't bad, but sadly I also read that if you listen to the song 3 times it goes away, too. I heard about the online store, I'll never use it though, that's why p2p sharing was invented.

Well....

w00t I'll be getting one around Christmas then with any money I get...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-18, 04:10 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Hey, if they are putting out new..."
Here's an IGN review, if you want to read it.

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/746/746470p1.html

I haven't read it yet, but I might do in a bit.

-----

EDIT: I'm reading it now, and it's pissing me off. It's not the player, no, but rather IGN.

They're talking about things the Zune does that my Sony has done for over two years... and they're metioning it as if it's something the world has never seen before!

"Below a circular 4-way selection pad with center selection button pays homage to the iPod, but is not touch sensitive like Apple's scroll wheel."

The Sony navigation is done much in the same way.

"Pressing left or fight on the circular d-pad cycles between vertical listings of Artists, Albums, Playlists, Songs, and Genres."

Yeah, it's called Mode. Oooh, whaddya know, it's a Sony thing.

"Users are able to enter a submenu while playing that offers options for on-the-fly rating (via iTunes-esque 1-5 stars), repeat, shuffle, send (more on that shortly), and a uniquely Zune feature, Flag. The flag option allows a user to mark specific songs in a long playlist or new album, which is cool if you want to easily remember a song for inclusion in a playlist in future."

Repeat, everything can do it.
Shuffle, everything can do it better than the iPod.

Unique Zune feature? Fuck off! It's called "Bookmarking" on the Sony.

I hope this Zune is a damn site better than the iPod.

Sony's first was (I don't like the newer ones):

It's a shame they're not in production any more.

The Sony is a 20gb player (13,000 tracks in Atrac3plus format) , with 30 hours battery life, and it plays music. Simple.

The only iPod smaller than it is the Nano, too.

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-11-18 at 04:30 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-18, 06:42 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Here's an IGN review, if you want to..."
Hmmm... Thanks, now I want one even more.

The sony one looks great. Too bad they stopped making them, that's the reason why IGN didn't compare the Zune to it, becase no one(hardly anyone I should say) is thinking about geting one this Christmas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-18, 09:09 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Hmmm... Thanks, now I want one even..."
Just bought one a few days ago, and it's pretty nifty. I've only been able to get .wmv's to play on it, and any of my converted video files don't seem to work, but I'm sure f I find the right proram anything will work on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-11-19, 07:19 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Just bought one a few days ago, and..."
I have a program, just lemme find the site I downloaded it from...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-19, 08:28 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I have a program, just lemme find the..."
It's fine. Now I have loaded fansubs on my Zune and all is well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-11-20, 06:56 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It's fine. Now I have loaded fansubs on..."
Haha... I'm converting all the FMA eps to WMV right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas