Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Posted 2006-11-04, 09:37 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I thought that pointers and such are..."
Pointers are allowed but limited in use. Of course, I'm not a VB guru or anything. Mantra knows his shit. Ask him.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-11-04, 12:00 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Pointers are allowed but limited in..."
VB does not have pointers; it has references.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-11-04, 02:51 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "VB does not have pointers; it has..."
ok i have encounter with another problem plz help. I have to write a structure progame that have two char of arrays one for first name and one for last name a character variable to store the middle initial and an integer variable to store the age. here what i got so far
#include <iostream.h>

struct Name

{
char FirstName[20];
char MiddleName;
char LastName[20];
int Age;
};

ok the problem is i have to pass structure name to a function named FillStructure and fill it there. Anyone know how. i keep looking my school book and deosn't help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2006-11-04, 03:58 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "VB does not have pointers; it has..."
You don't think a reference is close enough to a pointer to simply call it one?

Anyhow, additionally:
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems...&select=696597
http://www.codeproject.com/vbscript/...sual_basic.asp
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-11-04, 03:59 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "ok i have encounter with another..."
How would you pass an int (int thisIsAnInteger) to a function (FillStructure) ?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-11-04, 05:30 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "VB does not have pointers; it has..."
WetWired said:
VB does not have pointers; it has references.
there are pointers in the sense that you can get a variable/function address and hold that in another variable, but there's none of that convenient pointer arithmetic
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord