Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Is the Yellowstone Supervolcano about to erupt?
Posted 2009-01-01, 03:37 PM
A very unusual amount of Earthquakes have joggled the Yellowstone National Park in the past few days. Many of the tremors have originated deep underground, an ominous sign. Combine that with a rapid rise in elevation over the past three years, and the possibility that earthquake activity from surrounding areas could trigger such an eruption on its own, and you've got the possible warning signs of a supervolcano eruption that would wipe out half to 2/3 of the continental US, plunge global temperatures, and wipe out a very significant chunk of world food sources. Here's a little more info to make your New Year brighter!
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-01-01, 03:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Is the Yellowstone Supervolcano about..."
This reminds me of a thread I created a while back:

http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread....t=future+world

Just another probable situation that could lead to the "cleansing" of the world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-01-01, 05:20 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "This reminds me of a thread I created a..."
hmm from this data and my own it may be one of the things that end the world in 2012
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-01-01, 06:18 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "hmm from this data and my own it may be..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
hmm from this data and my own it may be one of the things that end the world in 2012
that and Sarah Palin if she gets elected...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-01-02, 12:11 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Is the Yellowstone Supervolcano about..."
There have been more significant earthquakes in the past. This is just remarkable in its numbers. We don't know if it means a super volcano eruption is eminent or not, but it's got us nervous (rightly so).

A lot more than the U.S. would be in trouble if it blew. Billions would die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-01-04, 12:03 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "There have been more significant..."
Anyone who cares to see the activity, go to some of these links.

http://www.quake.utah.edu/helicorder...2009010300.gif - Woo, nice Quake

http://quake.utah.edu/helicorder/hel...one/index.html
http://quake.utah.edu/req2webdir/rec...llowstone.html

http://www.earthmountainview.com/yel...ellowstone.htm - Some person who believes the worst.

http://quake.utah.edu/EQCENTER/PRESS/yell_press.htm - University of Utah press release

http://quake.utah.edu/req2webdir/rec...anim_yell.html - Animated Version of the Quakes from Yellowstone Area.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-01-08, 10:20 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Anyone who cares to see the activity,..."
I think the whole 2012 doomsday shit is all bullshit now. I have more faith that it will end much sooner than 2012, or not at all.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-01-08, 01:57 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think the whole 2012 doomsday shit is..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I think the whole 2012 doomsday shit is all bullshit now. I have more faith that it will end much sooner than 2012, or not at all.
My money is that the Doomsday, Apocolypse, or Cleansing of Corruption (any more aliases I should list?) will start in 2013, just a feeling.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2009-01-08, 02:53 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "My money is that the Doomsday,..."
And what exactly is that based off of?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-01-09, 10:01 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Anyone who cares to see the activity,..."
That earth mountain view dude also has his prophetic visions on there, rofl. It's going to blow up eventually, sure, but the odds of it happening in our lifetime is very small. It definitely could happen, but it could definitely happen a thousand years from now too. From the bit of research I've done, I'm pretty sure these earth quake storms are a common occurence there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood