Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Unsolvable.
Posted 2008-09-23, 07:19 AM
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

Let's say Einstein is correct in this statement. Existence can never be 'solved'. I have thought about it a great deal recently, and lets say the singularity happens. AI creating simulated universes in order to find the answer to existence, and in turn them creating singularities and AIs that create simulated universes to find the answer. We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Every thought the brain has is the cause of an outside influence. You hear a loud noise and look in that direction because you heard the noise. We can never have a truly unique thought, just the perception of having a unique thought... therefor how are we going to solve the ultimate question?

We are just an unsolvable influence based ever changing existence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-23, 01:07 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Unsolvable."
Our comprehension will eventually top out I feel, it is going to take AI to be able to comprehend our existence, I believe.

Great paragraph, i'll elaborate later.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-23, 03:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Our comprehension will eventually top..."
Or we will just perceive that our comprehension is topped out...? I hope it doesn't top out, I hope there is always more questions and problems to solve. An infinite amount of questions and an infinite amount of journeys finding the answers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-23, 03:45 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Or we will just perceive that our..."
We apply theories to laws that is how we are limited. I mean we can imagine anything, but what is pheaseable by law is how we will top off.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-24, 12:59 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Or we will just perceive that our..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Or we will just perceive that our comprehension is topped out...? I hope it doesn't top out, I hope there is always more questions and problems to solve. An infinite amount of questions and an infinite amount of journeys finding the answers.
You sound like someone who wants to live forever. Every good story has an end.

That's what I think is really funny about religion and an afterlife. Every since I was young I wondered about eternity, and dreaded it - had nightmares about it when I was in elementary school. Being older, I can now see it would be dreadful. Having death follows the same reasoning that having pain makes pleasure possible. Without death, life would have much less meaning... less value.

Mankind will eventually die

Last edited by S2 AM; 2008-09-24 at 01:06 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-03-04, 10:40 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "You sound like someone who wants to..."
S2 AM said: [Goto]
You sound like someone who wants to live forever. Every good story has an end.

That's what I think is really funny about religion and an afterlife. Every since I was young I wondered about eternity, and dreaded it - had nightmares about it when I was in elementary school. Being older, I can now see it would be dreadful. Having death follows the same reasoning that having pain makes pleasure possible. Without death, life would have much less meaning... less value.

Mankind will eventually die
So you wouldn't like to live forever? What if you could live forever, in a perfect world?

Perfect meaning, no Sickness, no dieing, no bad pplz stealing your ps3's. No fighting ect.

You wouldn't like that?.. I mean, there really is an infinite amount of stuff out there to learn..

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

Posted 2009-03-04, 01:32 PM in reply to Wolfturn's post starting "So you wouldn't like to live forever?..."
Me personally, hell no. Things would need to improve and our entire way of thinking would probably have to be shifter to a higher intelligence.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-03-04, 01:35 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Me personally, hell no. Things would..."
You'd have to travel out of our galaxy to encounter that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-03-04, 01:36 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "You'd have to travel out of our galaxy..."
Not necessairily.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-03-04, 10:01 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Unsolvable."
I believe that the last human being to exist will be the one to realize all the answers. What a sad moment that will be...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-03-04, 11:26 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I believe that the last human being to..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
I believe that the last human being to exist will be the one to realize all the answers. What a sad moment that will be...
Well if quantum theory(many worlds theory) is true, then it's likely quantum immortality(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_immortality) is also true, and that pretty much means eventually you will be the last human(from your own perspective)

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2009-03-04 at 11:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-03-05, 10:27 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Well if quantum theory(many worlds..."
What a sad moment that will be for me...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-03-05, 12:56 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "What a sad moment that will be for me..."
That's how God must feel, and hence why he created a universe to preside over. What a vicious cycle.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-03-05, 05:07 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Me personally, hell no. Things would..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Me personally, hell no. Things would need to improve and our entire way of thinking would probably have to be shifter to a higher intelligence.
Why? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

Posted 2009-03-06, 11:26 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That's how God must feel, and hence why..."
God must be a bit of a Sadist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer