Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Lightbulb The Singularity already happend.
Posted 2008-09-21, 06:56 AM
When we create an AI smarter then us, it in turn can create an AI smarter then itself... and so on and so on. But in order to truly create something smarter then yourself you must simulate your origins. So when we create the AI that is smarter then us, it in turn will create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life that will eventually create a simulation of life.

The goal being for a simulation of life to eventually become one sentient being. Once it has achieved that, it can enter into its host universe and work together with other simulations that achieved sentience to become one sentient being. Working its way back up the chain of simulations to the master universe, thus creating a smarter AI at that level. Of course that AI will start the process over to further increase its intelligence.

Get it?

What are the chance we are in the 'master universe' that is not a simulation, as apposed to the billions upon billions of simulated universes? Very slim indeed. It is most likely that we are at the very lowest end of simulation within simulation, because in our world we have not started the Singularity yet that creates the next simulation.

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2008-09-21 at 08:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-21, 08:46 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Singularity already happend."
I had a huge "Tin Man" vibe going on there. All you needed at the end was a "Hi, I'm Glitch, on account that my brain misfires a lot. Have we met before?".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-21, 08:55 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "The Singularity already happend."
Indeed; nothing indicates that out "purpose" isn't just part of some trans-universal nerd's attempt to find a googolplex decimal points of Pi, using GA's on his multiverse-spawning super computer. If we are, we won't be able to escape the program, either.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-09-21, 09:03 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Indeed; nothing indicates that out..."
I hate it when you guys make my mind go to the Universe inside a universe theory! But I totally agree.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-21, 09:06 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Indeed; nothing indicates that out..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Indeed; nothing indicates that out "purpose" isn't just part of some trans-universal nerd's attempt to find a googolplex decimal points of Pi, using GA's on his multiverse-spawning super computer. If we are, we won't be able to escape the program, either.
You imagine if this was true?

God is a.. nerd? Lol, so much for christianity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-21, 10:23 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "You imagine if this was true? God is..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
You imagine if this was true?

God is a.. nerd? Lol, so much for christianity.
No, that is the point. All these simulations created must contain different data in order for the AI to get better. So in our universe religion is a big deal, and that is the way it needs to be. Mary really could have given a virgin birth to Jesus. It shapes our universe into something unique from other universes. When we finally reach the singularity and we share our data with other universes, we can advance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-21, 10:35 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "No, that is the point. All these..."
heck my computer is allready thinking of its own so im good for a couple years though its out dated :sad:
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123