Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Psp2
Posted 2011-01-13, 04:20 PM
I posted about this a while back, but while it was still rumored to be a "playstation phone", at this point I think it might be a competitor for the iPOD etc, but while being able to make phone calls? Sony is also saying that the PSP2 is just as powerful as the PS3, amazing to think about considering the PS3 is more powerful than any other console to date.

http://kotaku.com/5672410/psp2-will-...-out-fall-2011 -- Some fan made concept art, but could potentially be close to what we could see on shelves as early as the end of this month?--personally I think that looks too bulky.

Here's more of what has continually been showing up around the internetz.

and even this.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/rumor-...is-month/2844/

...oh, and my favorite one to date:

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-13, 04:54 PM in reply to D3V's post "Psp2"
I'm not sure if I should take your first paragraph as PSP2 being the PlayStation phone... which is very doubtful.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is the PlayStation phone: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/01/...lay-in-action/. Codenamed "Zeus", it was leaked a month or so back and, whilst still not having been formally announced, shots of finished products, and videos of it in action, are dotted around the web.

The PSP2, in my opinion, is a completely separate entity to the Xperia Play - Sony is infamous for having departments that don't communicate with each other and Sony Ericsson, as a joint venture from two companies, is most probably even more removed from the other departments than usual.

It has been rumoured for a long time that the PSP2 is coming, and personally I don't think it will be announced soon. It makes more sense for Sony to wait for a major show, when all of the media interested in the industry are guaranteed to be present.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2011-01-27, 06:30 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm not sure if I should take your..."
Maybe I was an itty, witty, bitty bit wrong.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...early-details/

Quote:
Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
Dual analog sticks
Two cameras (front and rear)
Software titles on small, dedicated flash memory-based cards
Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
PlayStation Network access, including ““LiveArea™”, “Near” and “Activity” log features Trophy Support
NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store.
The specs are kind of awesome: Quad-core ARM Cortex A9, quad-core GPU, 5 inch touchscreen OLED (with multi-touch) and a touch pad on the back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2011-01-27, 02:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Maybe I was an itty, witty, bitty bit..."
Wow. Looks fantastic! And the specs, *drool*. Sersiously, Wi-fi, big screen, two cameras? They're really wanting to jump into the almost, smart-phone based market. Think they'll have a shot? I guess we'll have to see the pricetag and whatever else comes along with it and then we can argue from there. But just the looks of it, me like!

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-31, 02:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Wow. Looks fantastic! And the specs,..."
BORKED

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2011-01-31 at 02:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-31, 06:05 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "1EqNzKVZmVo"
I have to admit that that's the first video I've seen of the NGP up close.

It's beautiful!

And whilst we're watching videos, here's Unreal Engine on the NGP: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/01/...-psp2-footage/

Note how much it looks like Fable, and how much better than, say, the PS3 version of Oblivion it appears.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2011-02-01, 10:18 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I have to admit that that's the first..."
That's awsome, real smooth looking. I also love how they're jumping off of the UMD bandwagon, and onto flash drive. That makes so much sense! They really should've done that from the start, but who cares I guess the price is right more-so these days than when the original PSP launched.

Once again, Sony's machine makes any other competitors look like a joke. 3DS? Get lost.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V