Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Posted 2008-09-17, 10:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think that's what it does. I..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I don't think that's what it does. I don't think it says that you're a terrorist because of the way you walk. I think what it does is identifies who you are based on the way you walk. For instance, if they're looking for a specific person, they could use this to find them. It won't say "this person is a terrorist."
This.

Also, how would the system search for its target? Without a fairly specific location in mind to find said terrorist, it'd be searching gait profiles for a long time. Even if it's as small as area as the City of San Diego, there are millions of people to sort through.

The other alternative would be to map all visible persons to have tabs on everyone all the time, but that's extremely creepy and would be difficult to maintain. If it couldn't penetrate buildings, people would disappear and reappear on the grid all the time.

If it COULD penetrate buildings, any operator would basically be seriously invading your privacy, as it could catch you in any location, including showers/etc.

What would be the procedure if you were spotted taking some controlled narcotic? While this is a minor crime, where is the line for punishment? There's a reason why the locator in your cell phone only activates when 911 is dialed, I couldn't see any way this would constitutional.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-09-18, 06:18 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "This. Also, how would the system..."
It couldn't work through non-transparent substances because it's watching your shadow, which is defined by the visible light arround it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-18, 08:36 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "This. Also, how would the system..."
Vollstrecker said: [Goto]
This.

Also, how would the system search for its target? Without a fairly specific location in mind to find said terrorist, it'd be searching gait profiles for a long time. Even if it's as small as area as the City of San Diego, there are millions of people to sort through.

The other alternative would be to map all visible persons to have tabs on everyone all the time, but that's extremely creepy and would be difficult to maintain. If it couldn't penetrate buildings, people would disappear and reappear on the grid all the time.

If it COULD penetrate buildings, any operator would basically be seriously invading your privacy, as it could catch you in any location, including showers/etc.

What would be the procedure if you were spotted taking some controlled narcotic? While this is a minor crime, where is the line for punishment? There's a reason why the locator in your cell phone only activates when 911 is dialed, I couldn't see any way this would constitutional.
Jeeze man your getting way to deep. Its a tool, for example facial recognition software you see in movies. Except this is a point at a location and see if any shadows are recognized. Its not xray vision its just normal vision. Its not tracking every person on the planet. Its a human operated intel based tool.

Point click recognize.

Your just thinking way to advanced.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-18, 08:38 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Jeeze man your getting way to deep. Its..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Your just thinking way to advanced.
Gotta quote this for poor English.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-19, 07:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Gotta quote this for poor English."
Yea I know, I usually have to read my post a couple times through because of my poor english.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2008-09-19, 07:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Gotta quote this for poor English."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Gotta quote this for poor English.
Yet, you clearly avoided his entire point, which I agree with. Volls is taking it to another level of complexity of which this really isn't.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-19, 08:44 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yet, you clearly avoided his entire..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Yet, you clearly avoided his entire point, which I agree with. Volls is taking it to another level of complexity of which this really isn't.
I didn't "avoid" anything. I agree with him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-21, 02:56 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It couldn't work through..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
It couldn't work through non-transparent substances because it's watching your shadow, which is defined by the visible light arround it.
The sun isn't positionally static, so I'd assume it could use other light sources to a limited degree as well. /shrug

Also, a lot of my previous post was just idle speculation on how it would work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-09-21, 03:55 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The sun isn't positionally static, so..."
Yes, but the device watching has to be able to see the absence of visible light that is the shadow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-21, 06:54 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yes, but the device watching has to be..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Yes, but the device watching has to be able to see the absence of visible light that is the shadow.
Yeah, I just realized how incredibly stupid that thought process was. Posting at 4am or whatever for the win.

Edit: Okay, that was at 9pm. Nevermind, no excuses there, that was straight failure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2008-09-21, 07:05 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Yeah, I just realized how incredibly..."
How is that failure? It is how the machine works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy