Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Job update.
Posted 2008-06-10, 03:14 PM
Ok...So I'm done with Training and Orientation. Woot Woot! Now, on monday, We actually had some floor time and worked in the factory.

How many of ya'll ever worked in a factory? How many of ya'll worked in a factory where if it was 90 outside it was 110 inside, and if you worked where I trained it was 130 degrees. Yeah...That's what I'm going to be doing, HOPEFULLY. Because it isn't that difficult if you can manage the heat.

If I get put where I don't want to be put, which is the other place I trained, where I had to repeatedly lift and flip roughly 50 pound racks...Then...Yeah... I'm still sore :P.

They have Four shifts, two work ten hours, four days a week, and two work twelve hours, three days aweek. Now if I get put on one of the twelve hours on the last shift I work a 5-5 with like three extra dollars on the hour with four days off..That would pwn!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-10, 03:18 PM in reply to Coriander's post "Job update."
Coriander said: [Goto]

How many of ya'll ever worked in a factory? How many of ya'll worked in a factory where if it was 90 outside it was 110 inside, and if you worked where I trained it was 130 degrees. Yeah...That's what I'm going to be doing, HOPEFULLY. Because it isn't that difficult if you can manage the heat.
I work in a factory. Luckily for myself, I'm in an administrative position so I hibernate in my air-conditioned office. Though, when something goes wrong, I get the wonderful opportunity to go out into the plant, fix the network/computer/printer problem(s) that occurred and face the unbearable heat.

Fortunately, this summer they gave us all water bottles because last year we had 6+ people pass out from over heating. It's like an over in here I swear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-10, 03:19 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I work in a factory. Luckily for..."
Yeah, It gets pretty rough heat wise in factories. They make us keep bottled water with us at all times. There 40 cents in the factory and if you don't have it they will give you 40 cents. Plus the cafeteria is open at all times so you can allways have a hot bite to eat if you need it so you don't pass out. The work isn't as hard as I was expecting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-10, 03:28 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Yeah, It gets pretty rough heat wise in..."
Ah, we only get 3 breaks, so our "Cafeteria" (aka Break Room, which is not ANY cooler) is only open 3 times during our 8-9 hour shifts. We aren't charged for our water bottles though, they gave us re-usable water bottles that have our company logo on it and some other stupid slogan. We are allowed to fill those up at any time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-10, 03:31 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Ah, we only get 3 breaks, so our..."
Aah. We have three Designated 'Breaks' and an actual 30 minute Lunch break. But since they switched the schedule around they made it where the cafeteria is open constantly, for like a sandwhich or something small like that. The water is cheap, But I would prefer the re-fillable kind like yours lol. The people were actually pretty nice, except for one guy, though he did have an excuse. He was working on a machine where the plate gets hot and you slide the plate to the end. Well, it gets up to abouty 300 degrees and he slid the plate, but he laid his arm on it on accident, so the plate slid and took most of his skin with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-10, 03:49 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Aah. We have three Designated 'Breaks'..."
What type of factory do you work at? If I were you, I'd bring in my own water bottle (Like the type I have at my work, at Walmart I'm sure they're like a dollar or something.) and then just fill it up at the drinking fountain. (Or some sort of water faucet)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-10, 03:50 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "What type of factory do you work at? If..."
I work at a Brake Factory called Federal Mogul. I could do that, however the 40 cent water is hella good lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-10, 05:05 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "I work at a Brake Factory called..."
That is a good price, though if you add it up over time.. In a day you drink what, like 2-4 bottles? We'll go with 2 to give you the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, 2 x $0.40 = $0.80. Working 5 days a week, 0.80 x 5 = $4.00 .. 4 weeks in a month = $16 dollars and 12 months in a year, $16 x 12 = $192 a year.. which isn't THAT bad honestly, but if you just bought one reusable water bottle for a buck, then you'd be saving 191 dollars.

Just my 2 cents.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-10, 05:06 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "That is a good price, though if you add..."
Good point, Was thinking about that a moment ago. Hmm, It would be best to do that. 191 dollars is three gallons of gas man!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-10, 05:08 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Good point, Was thinking about that a..."
$191 dollars is THREE gallons of gas? Where the fuck do you live?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-10, 05:11 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "$191 dollars is THREE gallons of gas?..."
It was a joke at the rising cost of gas lol. Tn is where I live though. Lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-10, 06:47 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "It was a joke at the rising cost of gas..."
Ohhh, okay. Now I get to lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-06-11, 09:31 AM in reply to Coriander's post "Job update."
I used to work in a factory for a month. I couldn't handle it after that. Doing the same thing every day over and over again bored the SHIT out of me. I need a job that stimulates my mind. But, yeah, I feel ya on the heat thing. I worked in this veneer factory in the middle of the summer, and the specific job I did there required me to wear a long sleeve shirt. I operated this huge pressing machine, that heated up the thin slices of wood and pressed 'em flat. The metal easily got up to 300+ degrees, and I'd have to occasionally get out pieces of wood that got stuck, which is why I had to wear a long sleeve shirt.

Shit, one day I was reaching in there to get a sheet out and my sleeve rode up my arm and it burnt the SHIT out of my wrist. I had to go to the emergency room and everything. But yeah factories suck balls. Good luck!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos