Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2008-05-01, 06:43 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Religion does not justify one to..."
I never said their religion would justify their acts, I said that's what people believe in. And to TalentedHamster, if you want proof, go look it up on google or something. I'm just relaying the information I've learned over the years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-01, 06:45 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I never said their religion would..."
Why said:
Also, religion in a way justifies different motives and morals.
Why said:
I never said their religion would justify their acts
Oh I see.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-05-01, 09:36 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Oh I see."
Is that sarcasm?
It doesn't justify their acts, simply explains their motives/morals. Perhaps a bit of miss wording.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-01, 11:04 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Is that sarcasm? It doesn't justify..."
If I own a major news source I'm going to report mass destruction to freak everyone out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2008-05-02, 01:41 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Is that sarcasm? It doesn't justify..."
Thank you, I sometimes mis-word somethings. What counts is the thought
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-06, 07:41 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Thank you, I sometimes mis-word..."
The Earth will someday cease to exist. Period.

Assuming mankind is still around, either terra-bound or interstellar-based, it doesn't matter what the event is or when it happens, every religious group will say "I told you so" with some very loosely interprated texts or teachings.

Meanwhile - those of us who are sane - will realize it's just an asteroid, galaxy collision, sun implosion, etc, that is bound to happen through chance or time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2008-05-06, 02:37 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "The Earth will someday cease to exist. ..."
Well for outcomes that are known, the Milky Way will collide with the Andromeda Galaxy in a couple of million years...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-06, 05:58 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Well for outcomes that are known, the..."
Who cares.

Seriously. I don't know if that's accurate but it's in a couple million years.

And there's nothing to be afraid of in death or the world ending. Everyone seems to think it matters.

I can't wait to die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-05-06, 09:30 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Who cares. Seriously. I don't know..."
I'm personally ready for when I die. Others, though, not so much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-05-07, 01:58 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Who cares. Seriously. I don't know..."
Who says we were afraid of death? I honestly could care less when I die, as long as I accomplished something important in life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-07, 02:00 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Who says we were afraid of death? I..."
I'm not going to die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-07, 02:03 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "I'm not going to die."
: D

pound it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-05-09, 01:21 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "What!? I think you fail to see that..."
Kaneda said:
What!? I think you fail to see that most Atheists are smart enough to not believe in lol established religish teachings. Therefore also not buying into end of the world drivle.
The end of the world is not based on religion. It just happens to be where the Mayans stopped their calendar.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-05-09, 01:31 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "The end of the world is not based on..."
Asamin said:
It just happens to be where the Mayans stopped their calendar.
And that's all it is. If I write a calendar, get tired of it, and it is found by people of the future, will the end predict the end?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-05-09, 01:40 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "And that's all it is. If I write a..."
Atnas said:
And that's all it is. If I write a calendar, get tired of it, and it is found by people of the future, will the end predict the end?
Well obviously the theory about the world ending sprung from a little more than that. The calendar is just a calendar though. That is correct. While the bible(and other religions text) are just fictional books.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-09, 02:49 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Well obviously the theory about the..."
Well, we'll all see what happens in 4 years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-11, 01:11 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Well, we'll all see what happens in 4..."
it won't happen.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-05-11, 04:39 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "it won't happen."
You can't say that for sure. I think it just comforts you to reassure yourself that everything will be good and fine in 4 years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-11, 06:19 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "You can't say that for sure. I think it..."
Of course they are going to comfort themselves into thinking it's fine. And Asamin, No-one knows if it will or it won't, It's one of the many mysteries in this world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-05-11, 06:21 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "You can't say that for sure. I think it..."
Wallow said:
You can't say that for sure. I think it just comforts you to reassure yourself that everything will be good and fine in 4 years.
Everything isn't good and fine now, let alone 4 years from now. However, a change in the executive branch will help a lot .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood