Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Help on Sprite Sheets.
Posted 2008-06-13, 09:08 AM
Ok, I'm using paintshop pro 7 and I need to know how to re-organize a sprite sheet. Meaning attach the limbs and re organize it. I.E, http://www.bghq.com/fft/Ramza.PNG
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-13, 09:37 AM in reply to Coriander's post "Help on Sprite Sheets."
Coriander said: [Goto]
Ok, I'm using paintshop pro 7 and I need to know how to re-organize a sprite sheet. Meaning attach the limbs and re organize it. I.E, http://www.bghq.com/fft/Ramza.PNG
Use GraphicsGale. It has a grid on it.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-13, 09:58 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Use GraphicsGale. It has a grid on it."
Ok..and then what. Just telling me to use a different program isn't much of a help. HOW do I organize the sprite.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-13, 12:06 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Ok..and then what. Just telling me to..."
Mmm, I'm not really sure. It changes by program. Which RPGMaker you using?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-13, 12:06 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Ok..and then what. Just telling me to..."
Ok..and then what. Just telling me to use a different program isn't much of a help. HOW do I organize the sprite.

The grid should help you place and organize where the sprites are placed and located. Come'on Coriander, use your powerful head.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-13, 12:30 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "The grid should help you place and..."
Rofl, Just got back from a trip. And yeah, but the crop system on Graphics Gale doesn't seem to be working right. And when I use the lasso it only takes part of it away. I'm confused.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-13, 12:32 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Rofl, Just got back from a trip. And..."
Rofl, Just got back from a trip. And yeah, but the crop system on Graphics Gale doesn't seem to be working right. And when I use the lasso it only takes part of it away. I'm confused.

I'm confused as to why you can't figure it out...I don't know Coriander. I don't think I can help you anymore than I have already.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-13, 12:37 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm confused as to why you can't figure..."
Ok..What tool in graphics gale do I use to freehand the slection so I can move it an attach it to the other part of the sprite. (The arm to the body, etc.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-13, 12:39 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Ok..What tool in graphics gale do I use..."
Ok..What tool in graphics gale do I use to freehand the slection so I can move it an attach it to the other part of the sprite. (The arm to the body, etc.)

Use the tool with a bunch of "-" going around it that form into a square to grab and move.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-13, 12:45 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Use the tool with a bunch of "-" going..."
Anyway to make it where When I grab the whole section, the color behind it doesn't come with it. Likle a green background, the green stays there?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-13, 11:24 PM in reply to Coriander's post "Help on Sprite Sheets."
Just got to remember though each rpg maker have a specific sprite sheet size for a certain amount of sprites to fit on each sprite sheets as well. Like for instances rpg maker vx sprite size sheets are dementions 384 x 256 and it as to be exact size or you get a character cut off when you use them in game. And when you add the sprite sheet in game goto tools, then to resourse manager, then click on the file where the character sheet will go. then also remember to set the character sheet background to transparent and semi transparent so that the gackground wont show up on the game when you move around the character in your game.

Last edited by adventurerpg208; 2008-06-27 at 12:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
adventurerpg208 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenadventurerpg208 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

adventurerpg208