Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Schecter 3D
Posted 2008-05-19, 09:28 AM
Well, time for a breed of three different things. Music, video games and art.

Combine them together and you get a 3D guitar!

I hope the image isn't too big but, it took about two hours.

It's not the final render. I'm just at school and it'd take FOREVER to render it in HD.

Other than that, whatcha think?

And for anyone who wants to know, the guitars a Schecter Damien.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-05-19, 09:46 AM in reply to Wed-G's post "Schecter 3D"
It's a guitar. In 3D. I guess it looks okay, but the "body" of the guitar is only black and very unintersting. It could use more art in the combination, also were does the video games-part come in?

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-05-19, 10:05 AM in reply to Wed-G's post "Schecter 3D"
Do you have any wireframes of the model to show? Also, what 3D software do you use?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-05-20, 10:10 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Do you have any wireframes of the model..."
Chruser said:
Do you have any wireframes of the model to show? Also, what 3D software do you use?
I can get some later today.

And I used Blender.

Yawgmoth said:
were does the video games-part come in?
The whole, you know, modelled in 3D thing?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-05-20, 02:04 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Do you have any wireframes of the model..."

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-05-21, 03:31 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I can get some later today. And I..."
Modelling in 3D isn't merely a video games-related "thing". I think this serves more as an illustration than a piece of art (art is subjective, I know - but I just see a guitar and merely a guitar doesn't strike me as anything thought-provoking/evoking.)

But yes, as a 3D-rendering of a musical instrument, it looks good. Maybe you could make something interesting out of it? (If you only wish was to make a 3d-rendering of a musical instrument, you have succeded - but as you mentioned art, I felt as if you were trying to create... Something... More.)

A side-note: When I think of art, video games and music I think of Metroid Metal. Especially the logo of the NES-era Samus Aran holding a guitar, for me it is possibly the purest combination of those three. Especially since Super Metroid is probably the best piece of art ever made for the SNES.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-05-21, 08:54 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "Modelling in 3D isn't merely a video..."
Metroid is the shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-11, 10:30 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Metroid is the shit."
I think art comes in many different forms. I like the guitar
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MidnightsChorus