Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2007-07-17, 05:55 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Volume 9=holy shit. This series just..."
LMFAO WW is becoming obessed with this one. As to the Raki situation he doesn't become a Claymore but he is starting to kick ass much like Galk and his little butt buddy in the Holy City. Those guys are able to beat some lower and mid ranked Claymore's and Yoma.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-07-17, 09:47 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "LMFAO WW is becoming obessed with this..."
How do you know? I'm up-to-date on the manga (chapter 73 and extra 1), and I haven't seen anything like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-07-18, 05:56 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "How do you know? I'm up-to-date on the..."
The same way I knew Naruto was going to use Oodama Rasengan on Itachi in Shippuden like weeks before the episode Naruto left with Jiraiya. The same way I knew Ichigo was a Vizard and knew the other Vizard when they were still at the Bounto episodes. Incidentally this is also the same way I knew the story to Claymore before it even hit the shelves in Japan.

Go read a Shadowrun book and you will find out how I can know about works in progress and how they are going to pan out. I'll give you a hint he's what they refer to as a contact but hes a special kind that sells two things one is hardware of all kinds and the other is information.

Now tell me what is his profession named?
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-08-02, 11:03 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
I'm becoming dissatisfied with this anime. They're leaving out important scenes and dialog for no apparent reason. It's strange, because it's like they are rushing though the story, eager to catch up with the manga, but if they keep up their current pace, they will exhaust the available material before they hit their 26th and final episode of this run. I would have expected them to try to strech it out to coincide ep 26 with chapter 64, then do another run later, containing the events after the time skip.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-03, 11:32 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm becoming dissatisfied with this..."
They do this with Naruto as well. I mentioned this in an earlier thread like a month ago. I think they do this to catch up but I would rather have 1 quality episode then 3 rushed episodes a week.

This is also why I both read and watch anime and stay away from dubbed eps. as America tends to fuck with things to the point of no return. Like Street Fighter.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-08-03, 05:49 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "They do this with Naruto as well. I..."
Naruto isn't trying to catch up; they're trying to space it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-04, 05:32 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Naruto isn't trying to catch up;..."
Bah. If a license agreement isn't reached by the next major con for claymore, I'm just going to download it. If it does get licensed, I Hope its funi that gets it and hires the same dub cast as blue gender (sure the animation [and for some people the story]) might have sucked but I was very pleased with the dub.)

Wetwired, from where you are in the scanlations, do you see claire getting offed Teresa style?

I've not slept yet and am very very veyr tired so my bad If I'm making no sence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-08-04, 02:57 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bah. If a license agreement isn't..."
Quote:
do you see claire getting offed Teresa style?
I'm not sure I understand, but
if Claire were to die (as of chapter 74), it would be very bad for the situation of the survivors. The ranks of the survivors are
Miria and Claire=aces; Helen and Deneve=elite; Cynthia, Tabetha, Yuma=average

Speaking of voice acting, I really don't like the voices for many of the characters introduced in episode 18. Of course, I had concieved their voices in my head before hearing them, so...

Last edited by WetWired; 2007-08-04 at 03:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-11, 06:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bah. If a license agreement isn't..."
Yes Bluegender did have good dubbing, and god no WW Naruto is NOT spacing anything out they have skipped so much shit thats in the manga it makes me want to cut my dick off. I could write a whole episode or two with just the shit they say in the manga only that isn't put in the anime.

And if Clare dies then...oh well she isn't that great...it's all about Raki!!!
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-08-11, 07:47 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Yes Bluegender did have good dubbing,..."
It disappoints me that this is a 26-episode series. But I guess with her already performing up there with a top 3 claymore and killing a 4th or 5th one then there's no way it could be much longer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-11, 08:20 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "It disappoints me that this is a..."
I'm afraid that as powerful as the survivors become, they still couldn't kill Alicia. I really don't see the story ending any volume soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-11, 10:04 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm afraid that as powerful as the..."
No way anyone could make Ailcia even sweat...except Raki he pwns. Claymore actually has more manga being released in Japan right now so I am sure it won't end until about 51 at the least.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-08-11, 10:34 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "No way anyone could make Ailcia even..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_%28manga%29

The anime adaptation of the manga began airing on Nippon Television on April 3, 2007. It is planned to run for 26 episodes. It, thus far, faithfully follows the manga.

I'm hoping the wikipedia page is wrong about the total number of episodes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-11, 10:59 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_%2..."
Faithful, my ass. They pretty much came up with a completely different fight for the most recent episode.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-13, 10:34 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Faithful, my ass. They pretty much..."
Well, hopefully the wiki page is wrong about the series length too =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-13, 05:18 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Well, hopefully the wiki page is wrong..."
I think the wiki page is just out-of-date.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-08-13, 06:08 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I think the wiki page is just..."
Probably. Edit it, WW!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-15, 09:28 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I think the wiki page is just..."
I still can't figure out why the hell Priscilla and Easly were being nice to Raki. You would think they eat him in like two seconds of seeing him but instead he gets trained by Easly...WTF?! A yoma training a human makes very little sense regardless of whether or not Priscilla likes him or not. I mean I could see being nice and letting him hang around but actually training him?
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2007-08-15, 01:06 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I still can't figure out why the hell..."
A human pet!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:56 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I still can't figure out why the hell..."
I also found it strange that they had a lot of food in the house. What would awakened beings want with human food? Maybe the insatiable desire for guts is only when you've been taking damage? Maybe they can make do with human food if they haven't been fighting?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired