Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What is better?
College Sports 3 33.33%
Professional Sports 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Post College vs. Professional
Posted 2004-08-10, 01:17 PM
Well this is a great topic to debate on.
Heres a list

College Basketball vs. NBA
College Football vs. NFL
College Hockey vs. NHL

College sports are unlike any other sports. They are past the level where they are still considered 'kids' and before they are being endoursed by everybody in the world.

College students (usually) aren't playing for money. They are playing for the game, they are playing for the fun. While on the other hand the Pros are playing for the dollar signs. ($). I mean, You don't know what to expect on a college football play when it's 4th and 25 in the 2nd quarter and they decide to go for it if the crowd is behind them. But in NFL they are DEFINATELY going to punt it, unless it's the last play of the game.

Colllege is better for the Sport prospect, but Professional is better for the Fan prospect. The rules are 'stricter' in PRO, therefourth there isn't going to be any unfair play. The fans have easier access to pro sports, therefourth it may be liked better.

But in the long run, I still like College spots better than pro.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-10, 09:24 PM in reply to D3V's post "College vs. Professional"
College kids are playing for the money. They want to make it big, so they try their hardest in hopes of making the big moolah.

GG.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-08-10, 09:34 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "College kids are playing for the money...."
Basically what one of my comments was going to be. I just love the intensity of professional sports over college sports. Sure, college sports can be fun as shit to watch, but I'm more of a tactical kind of guy.

Nothing is better than professional football season. Nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-08-10, 09:38 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Basically what one of my comments was..."
exactly what titus said professional football season is so much better than college
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-11, 02:44 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "exactly what titus said professional..."
Well I still like College.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-11, 10:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well I still like College."
I love college basketball over pro basketball. The electricity at a college games is so much better than at a pro game IMO. Intensity is alot higher too because college does not play in series'. Its ok to lose one game in a pro series, but you don't have more than one chance in college basketball.

Last edited by platnum; 2004-08-11 at 10:22 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum