Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Future of Zelaron, Gaming Section
Posted 2008-09-12, 02:25 AM
While I was reading through some of Mj’s old threads about how Zelaron is dying and we need to do something about it, I’ve decided to jot down the logical choices that could be done in order to increase the activity here. Mind you that some of these options might have already been attended to seeing as they were suggestions from 2005. In any case, here we go…

1. Advertise | via google
2. Hack writing teams | to submit to vB
3. Target the major games. Currently WoW and WAR.

I didn’t even come close to naming all of the options here, just a few that I remembered from what I read. I’ll try to explain a little bit on what I know, which is only number 3. Targeting the major games is really what Zelaron was all about in the beginning right? We were a gaming forum with some extra things thrown in. Since Diablo has died out, we attempted a WoW section, but that had very little effect. We had an astonishing six replies to the Server/Faction thread. I think it is because we probably missed something very important. There were no useful stickies, people constantly had to search through the 10 pages to find what they needed. I think if we are going to do a gaming section, then we need to do a gaming section. I propose this…

Currently:

1. Forum: Video Games
A. Sub-Forum: StarCraft 2
2. Forum: Diablo III
A. Sub-Forum: D3 Hacking and Duping
3. Forum: Diablo II
A. Sub-Forum: D2 PVP
B. Sub-Forum: D2 Hacking and Duping
C. Sub-Forum: D2 Bot Discussion
4. Forum: World of Warcraft
5. Forum: Traditional Gaming
6. Forum: Gaming Culture
7. Forum: Game Design and Theory
8. Forum: RPG Maker

My issue with this setup is the cluster fuck. The Traditional Gaming and Gaming Culture forums serve what purpose? What is the difference? The Diablo 2 Forum should be branded into history. Diablo 3 should have a sticky somewhere. RPG Maker should be a sub-forum within Game Design and Theory because, well… that is what RPG maker is. This is what I suggest.

Section: Zelaron Gaming

1. Forum: Video Games
A. Sub-Forum: PC
B. Sub-Forum: Xbox 360
C. Sub-Forum: Playstation 3
D. Sub-Forum: Nintendo Wii
2. Forum: World of Warcraft
A. Sub-Forum: Zelaron Guild
B. Sub-Forum: PvE Guides and Strategies
C. Sub-Forum: PvP Guides and Tactics
3. Forum: Games of the Past
A. Sub-Forum: Diablo II
B. Sub-Forum: Starcraft
C. Sub-Forum: Warcraft.
D. Sub-Forum: Dungeons and Dragons
E. Sub-Forum: Tabletop Warhammer
4. Forum: Game Design
A. Sub-Forum: RPG Maker
I’ve numbered them so it will be easier for me to explain, let’s get started. First of all, some of you see clutter, I see an organized mess. I believe that a lot of forums don’t keep guests for reasons of disorganization. If I’m browsing a new forum I have never been to before I don’t want to have to search for 10 minutes to find what I am looking for. If say, a new World of Warcraft player showed up, and he wanted to know what is the best way to defeat Maiden of Virtue. Well, within seconds he knows exactly where to begin looking. Organization is very important in something that can so easily take control of the organizer. Now, onto my description of the sections I have created.

Section 1: This Section can be used for Multi-platform games, reviews, and ideas. To be used as an all round gaming chat-board for members to discuss their favorites.
Section 1A: This section is to be used for PC gaming, specifically games that don’t merit their own section(as in WoW).
Section 1B: This section is to be used Xbox360 gaming. For organized tournaments, or just anything to do with Xbox360
Section 1C: This section is to be used Playstation 3 gaming. For organized tournaments, or just anything to do with Playstation 3
Section 1D: This section is to be used Nintendo Wii gaming. For organized tournaments, or just anything to do with Nintendo Wii
Section 2: This game merits its own section, it has well over 5 million users, and has enough content that it would require an expansive thread. This section could provide profession help as well as farming locations.
Section 2A: This section should be imperative, even if the guild has few members. There should be a Zelaron guild that new members can look forward to joining. Perhaps those of us that still play should start looking into joining the same server? It would be good for those who are active in our forums to have a top spot in a PvE/PvP guild.
Section 2B: Class Builds and Strategies for raids or farming. Many people know the path they should take, but don’t know which points are most important. Play styles vary, in fact I have never used some ones exact build I have looked up. I always tweak it to my liking. Also strategies to boss fights are all over the net, some are quick references others are in depth. I think we should inherit something here. Maybe actually provide useful information. Step by step, thorough information.
Section 2C: See Section 2B, just interchange PvE Scenarios for PvP. People need to know how to get out of the 1500 bracket. People want to know how to use a hunter in arena (personally I find it extremely hard). Explanations are ideal here.
Section 3: Games from the past, let’s face it Diablo 2 is dead… it has little reminisce of what it once was. I won’t explain each section because it isn’t required. Games that have died, or that have been out grown should go here.

Section 4: I am unsure on this one, because I think it is the only aspect to gaming I haven’t experienced. Game Design to me says, “Designing a Game”. Which is exactly what RPG Maker is, so perhaps you could combine the two? Either way, RPG Maker deserves its own Section because it is a massive utility.

Zelaron has and as far as I’m concerned will always be about gaming. The other sections here are just there for you to spend your time in while you’re not gaming or while you’re waiting for the next big patch. For some however these sections are the only reason they come here, matter of opinion. The gaming section is long overdue for an overhaul. I also think some new rules need to be implemented into the gaming section.

Rule 1: No Flaming (rule is already instated, but needs to be enforced)
Rule 2: No Spamming (rule is already instated, but needs to be enforced)
Rule 3: No Trolling, Keep your mindless squabbles out of the heart of Zelaron. I don’t care if Kazilla and !King_Amazon! are at wits end with each other. Do NOT bring your pissy bitch attitude into this forum.
Rule 4: Guides of any kind should be thorough, with detailed descriptions as if you were attempting to explain how to make a pbnj! Name your guides accordingly, or it will be changed for you.

Gaming forum moderators, step it up or step down. The section needs some serious TLC and if you can’t give it to the forum then perhaps we should find someone else who can. Your job as the Gaming Forum Moderator is to enforce these rules, I don’t care what purpose you serve elsewhere in this forum. You take a responsibility as a moderator to enforce the rules of this forum, so do it.

Earlier Chruser made a thread to nominate someone for new Supreme Moderator, im going to withdrawal myself nominated status for the reason that, I don’t really want it. GLG wants to be moderator of the Game Design section, who is fighting him for that position? No one? Then give it to him. Let him excel at what he is a good at, which is why I am now asking to me moderator of the Gaming Forum. Some of you might know I love my games. I enjoy all aspects to them, they are the imagination I never had. With that being said, I’m now going to copy and paste this from MSWord to Zelaron, and await your discussion.

COUGH, PAGE 4… COUGH

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-12 at 02:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-12, 02:25 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Future of Zelaron, Gaming Section"
I would like to make a few minor changes or clarifications here.

My forum tree I suggested doesn't have to be exactly as you see it, obviously when Warhammer comes out you will probably want to throw up another section similar to the WoW section.

Diablo 3 should currently be a sticky within the Video Game section as, all we know about the game is its been unveiled and we have 2 classes to play. As the game gets closer to its release a subsection is a possibility, or even its own - however currently i see no purpose in having it there.

My third section, "Games of the Past" doesn't have to look like that, in fact probably only diablo 2 as that is still a semi active game on this forum and throughout the world.

Tomorrow morning when I wake up I will give this post another once over, or I will address any comments left for me then.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-12 at 02:31 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-12, 08:21 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Future of Zelaron, Gaming Section"
I like the idea. Personally though, I think there should be a pre third-gen consol sub-forum in the Video Games forum.

Edit:

As well as Sub-forums for the DS and PSP, probably lumped together.

Last edited by Jessifer; 2008-09-12 at 08:24 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-12, 08:24 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I like the idea. Personally though, I..."
Perhaps you could exchange the; PC, Wii, 360, and PS3 Sub-Forums for a Generation forum? I dont know what each generation is lets say NES is G1, SNES G2, N64 and PS is G3

You would apply it like this

Forum: Video games
Sub-Forum: Generation 1 (description: NES)
Sub-Forum: Generation 2 (description: SNES)
Sub-Forum: Generation 3 (description: N64 and PS)
You might even be able to split it up by the year people were born? I was born in 89' and the first thing i remember playing was the NES, i suppose kids from late 90' are probably more inclined to have played a playstation 2? Althought i dont think that would allow for very intellectual people seeing as for the Y2K bunch you would be discussing xbox 360 with 8 year olds. I think the Generations might work out well though.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-12 at 08:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-12, 08:26 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Perhaps you could exchange the; PC,..."
And what of the PS2? They're still actually making games for it, are they not?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-12, 08:28 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Perhaps you could exchange the; PC,..."
I really think that's more sections than truly needed. It can be given a shot, but I doubt it'll be very active in each one. Also, why is there a pc gaming section when diablo and sc2 are elsewhere? They would logically be sub-forums of that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-09-12, 08:32 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "And what of the PS2? They're still..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
And what of the PS2? They're still actually making games for it, are they not?
I believe they are, I just named the first three systems i thought of. You might have to break it down further because for some reason i think there are 7 generations? Perhaps have like generations 1-4 then 5-6 then 7? Anyone know the actual generation breakdown? I know lenny does - wtb lenny?!

WKFF said:
I really think that's more sections than truly needed. It can be given a shot, but I doubt it'll be very active in each one. Also, why is there a pc gaming section when diablo and sc2 are elsewhere? They would logically be sub-forums of that.
Mainly because they were historical games I think is what i saw. But the PC Section should have PC games in it, and I stated earlier this is not set in stone, and Lenny, Chruser, and WetWired should take a look at it and we can discuss what would work best for us. I am all about organization, and when you have things organized its nice, Something that wont change is its current activity. In fact, it will appear as if you are actually more active, because if someone wants to talk 360 they can see everything 360 instead of ps3 and wii.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-12, 08:43 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I believe they are, I just named the..."
Sounds better. The old gens really don't need their own sub-forums, and are better to be lumped together.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-12, 09:14 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Sounds better. The old gens really..."
3.5 Second generation (1977–1983)
4.4 Third generation (1985–1989)
5.3 Fourth generation (1989–1996)
5.4 Fifth generation (1994–1999)
6.1 Sixth generation (1998–2006)
6.2 Seventh generation (2004–Present)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla