Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Night Watch - The Books
Posted 2006-12-15, 10:25 AM
First of all a few of you will remember this thread by Raziel: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40123.

Well, recently I went to the local library and lo and behold, they had Night Watch on the shelf - all three books in one volume.

So I thought "Ooooh! I remember the thread Raziel made about the first film... I wonder if the books are any better?" So I got them out.

And let me tell you, the books ARE better. Either that or I lost half my brain in 'Naam.

But really, they are good. The first film sounds vaguely like the first book, and anything that isn't really explained or used in the film (ie Raziel talks about Anton living opposite a Dark Other - Kostya - who is his friend, but this is never built upon. In the book, a bit DOES happen with Kostya) is explained or used in one of the three books.

If you've seen the film and want to understand what happened, pick up the books and read them.

If you like Russian Sci-Fi with vampires, and shape-shifters, and magic and all that, pick up the books and read them.

If you bugger all else to do, pick up the books and read them.

They truly are a lot better than how Raziel made the first film sound.

Out of interest, has anyone actually read the books already?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny