Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Who likes rap?
Posted 2006-11-09, 09:01 AM
Alright, who the hell here likes rap besides me? What's your favorite rapper? Favorite song? Favorite rapper today? Favorite rapper of old?

Discuss. Go!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-11-09, 09:58 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "Who likes rap?"
Thanatos said:
Alright, who the hell here likes rap besides me? What's your favorite rapper? Favorite song? Favorite rapper today? Favorite rapper of old?

Discuss. Go!
Favorite rapper: 2pac
Favorite Song: I'll be missing you (Puff)
Favorite newer rapper: Hmm. This is tough. It would be between Kanye West, Talib Kweli and Lupe Fiasco. Out of the three I probably like Talib Kweli the best, however I guess Lupe Fiasco is the only one who could be considered new.
Favorite Old rapper: 2pac
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-11-09, 07:56 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Who likes rap?"
Tech N9ne!!!!!!!!<3333
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2006-11-09, 08:55 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Who likes rap?"
Favorite Rapper: 2pac
Favorite Rap Song: 2pac - Better Dayz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-11-10, 07:46 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Favorite Rapper: 2pac Favorite Rap..."
Rapper: Nas or Talib
Song: Forgot About Dre (or half the songs on 2001)
New: ...nobody
Old: Biggie
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-11-10, 08:59 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "Who likes rap?"
Hmm, none of you guys like the newer shit that's played on the radio then eh?

Personally, Project Pat is the illest motherfucker out there. Listening to his lyrical flow and rhymes is badass. Love it. Haven't heard a Pat song I don't like. Lil' Wyte is also a badass. Basically, anybody down with 3 6 Mafia (Lil' Wyte, Project Pat, Frayser Boy, Gangsta Boo, etc) is amazing. I basically like EVERYTHING that comes out of Memphis, TN. Young Jeezy's alright, too.

But, of course I like Biggie, Tupac, Dre, Snoop Doggy Dog, and Ice Cube. Those guys were on top back in the day. Especially Biggie, I just like the way he sounds.

Seriously, everybody go check out Project Pat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-11-10, 09:16 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Hmm, none of you guys like the newer..."
i dont like most rap, basically just tech n9ne. i listen to metal. sorry. so no, i probably wont check them out, unless you check out messhugah.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2006-11-10, 01:38 PM in reply to Thanatos's post "Who likes rap?"
I would have to say that for a solo artist it would be Ill Bill.

But for groups, its hard to say...Jedi Mind Tricks is dope and Circle of Tyrants is pretty good too.

Favorite song would be way to hard to chose, there are a lot out there.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2006-11-10, 02:48 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "I would have to say that for a solo..."
I like Bone Thugs and Three Six Mafia.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-11-10, 11:04 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I like Bone Thugs and Three Six Mafia."
I used to listen to rap when I played SWG. It just seemed fitting then, because my character was GANGSTA! (literally he was)

2pac - Bury me a G
Bone Thugz N harmony - Buddah Lovaz (how i got my first SN)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2006-11-11, 01:25 AM in reply to Thanatos's post "Who likes rap?"
Thanatos said:

Discuss. Go!
I haven't listened to rap in ages, since like '94.

I don't mind some of the more abrasive songs from artists like DMX, because he hits hard.

Older artists I liked were Snoop, Ice Cube... didn't like Dre's style though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2006-11-11, 09:55 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I haven't listened to rap in ages,..."
Haha, wow, I just listened to this old Nellyville CD I had. ROFL! Brings back good memories... PIMP JUICE! OOOOHHHHH I THINK I NEED TO LET IT LOOSE! I like the funnier, less serious rap more than the strugglin' to survive rap.

I haven't listened to the radio in decades though, so I wouldn't even know what they play. The only music I've ever gotten into is classic rock, classical, and rap, and those don't really mix it all so I'm strange.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2006-11-12, 08:39 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Haha, wow, I just listened to this old..."
Well, I'm the same way man. I really only like classic rock and rap. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers and 3 6 Mafia are the two best groups ever, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos