Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Cough syrup fucked up my day somehow
Posted 2009-02-15, 09:56 PM
So I had a reaction today when I had some cough syrup on top of my Celexa. I felt fine at first, but then I got kinda dizzy and lightheaded, but nonetheless I drove to work. The moment I walked in through the doors, I began to feel very overwhelmed. Felt like there were way too many people, way too many sounds, and the lights felt like they were bothering me.

Nonetheless I walked into the back room to get my till. It became pretty apparent that this was much worse. Way too crowded, way too much noise, and the lights were far worse. The moment I got into the office, I collapsed into a chair, put my hands over my head and started shaking violently and crying. They ended up calling my mom to come get me and I stripped down and flew into bed under the covers, making sure there was no light, sound, and most importantly, no people.

I woke up after a bit to get a call from my friend/assistant manager at my other job. Someone didn't show up and he kept begging me to come in. I explained I'd had a panic attack to a degree I'd never experienced (hell, I've never even HAD a panic attack before) and that I was still too shaky and fucked up to deal with people. He kept egging me on and I kept my ground and told him no. Then he fucking got this snide tone and went "You're not going to do this to me all the time, are you J-P?" I had to bite my tongue and explain that I wouldn't. I know it was because of how I was feeling, but that hurt my feelings. It shouldn't have, but it was just a low blow. I bust my ass and I am always willing to come in at the drop of a goddamn pin drop if I'm called. He knows I work hard and that I won't laze around.

Today just sucked balls in a bad way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-02-15, 11:54 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Cough syrup fucked up my day somehow"
jesus man... Celexa FUCKED me up too, i had never had a panic attack before until i got on it... i never cried... but i got lightheaded and lights/sound bothered me bad... i always went blind for about a minute on it too... i swapped to Paxil, havent had any issues since....

i feel for you man.... those meds can fuck you up
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
micdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmicdawg12 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

micdawg12

Posted 2009-02-16, 06:56 AM in reply to micdawg12's post starting "jesus man... Celexa FUCKED me up too, i..."
Celexa by itself is fine. It was when I had the cough syrup shit went down hill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-02-16, 08:56 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Celexa by itself is fine. It was when..."
Maybe you should ask for a "just incase" benzo like valium or klonopin. Watch out though they're addicting as hell so only take them when needed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-02-16, 10:54 AM in reply to KagomJack's post "Cough syrup fucked up my day somehow"
That guy at your other job is a douche.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-16, 05:32 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "That guy at your other job is a douche."
I love cough syrup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-02-17, 12:40 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "That guy at your other job is a douche."
He apologized to me today.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2009-02-17, 09:41 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "He apologized to me today."
Good. Seriously, that's no way to treat an employee.

Managers at my job aren't allowed to hassle us if they ask us to come in on our day off and we say no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer