Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post FlashPlayer
Posted 2002-11-29, 05:04 PM

Is this a joke? Why do websites I havent yet visited need to store anything on my computer?

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...help/settings/

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-29, 10:55 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
Wtf? That's messed up... if a website I haven't even visited tries to store information on my computer, my computer should... automatically hack them, and fuck their website up!

I have it so only www.Zelaron.com can store a meg on my computer, no other websites, that's fucking nuts...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-11-30, 12:09 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
Yea i still cant figure out why a website i have never been to and/or probly never will go to needs or should even think they deserve my harddrive.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-11-30, 02:03 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
Temporary Internet Files. only needed for those of us who are still on dial-up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-30, 02:15 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
that is just... wierd...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-12-01, 01:08 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
Quote:
Originally posted by Shpook
Temporary Internet Files. only needed for those of us who are still on dial-up.
DIalup or not why does a website need access to your harddrive when you have never even viewed it?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-12-01, 02:19 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
Well, "technically" its so they can store the TIF's and let the page load up faster.... but I agree, they shouldnt have to have access to the hard drive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-12-06, 10:55 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
What the...
Maybe they load the website your are seeing Intro flash animation that would make sense for that but what if your browsing a website with a menu made in Flash... They can't predict which link you'll click on...
Wierd
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMiNi_MaX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MiNi_MaX

Posted 2002-12-06, 11:00 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
Lets hack em!! I'm with Wiccan!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-12-11, 03:07 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "FlashPlayer"
No . . we should allow them full access to our PC's . . While we are surfing/playing games/watching "movies" they should be able to take over our computers and do whatever they want. AT ALL TIMES!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExeterBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExeterBlue is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExeterBlue