Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Should Canada have the Death Sentance?
Yes 2 22.22%
No 6 66.67%
Not sure 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Post Death sentance
Posted 2002-09-28, 08:27 PM
We dont have it in Canada. But do you think we should get it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-28, 09:54 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
It is a hard thing to answer,
the death penalty is a nice way to adminster healing to victims but are we still that low? that we need to treat thy as thy treats you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-09-28, 10:18 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
I personally don't think Canada needs it. I can't imagine that murder rates are excessively high in Canada, so there's not really any point in using it. The only reason I have for supporting the death penalty in America is that it could effectively be used as a deterrant to murder if we would just enforce it more often!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-09-29, 02:41 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
I don't know. Kind of a boring topic to me. For what reasons would you ever need the death penalty?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-29, 02:44 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
Quote:
Originally posted by JiN-RaiDeN
I don't know. Kind of a boring topic to me. For what reasons would you ever need the death penalty?
For when some sicko comes to your daughters school and guts 13 kids little and has intercourse with the corpse including your daughter. You know extreme stuff like that is what Death Penataly should be used for... something like that Id turtore the guy for a week before his excution... make him wish for death.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-09-29, 03:18 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
But I still wouldn't need a death penalty. I'd fucking kill that guy myself. Period. Actually I'd torture him using my ancient Japanese ninja techniques, but that's just details.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-29, 05:45 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
In the countries where Death Sentance are applied, there is not less murderers/crimes than in other countries.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-09-29, 07:00 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
But if you were to disband it in america, what would happen then?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-09-29, 07:48 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
If you put Carrot Top to death, then yes, by all means, do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-09-29, 02:51 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
im completely against the death penalty so i voted no
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2002-09-29, 05:18 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
Quote:
Originally posted by Raziel
I personally don't think Canada needs it. I can't imagine that murder rates are excessively high in Canada, so there's not really any point in using it. The only reason I have for supporting the death penalty in America is that it could effectively be used as a deterrant to murder if we would just enforce it more often!!!
Surprisingly, it is quite high per capita. If I didnt live in Canada I would think the same thing as you Raziel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-29, 05:38 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
hmmm...i also would have never guessed that about canada...but my oppinion is the same as syg...if he did something like that to my future children...i dunno man...there would be hell to pay!!
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2002-09-29, 06:15 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
Damn it. Well, then I'd like to change my vote! If the murder rate actually is as high as James says, then I most definitely think the death penalty should be used. The problem in this country is that we don't use it enough. It would be an effective deterrant to murder if every state in this country (including Texas) would enfore it more sternly in 1st degree murder cases.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-09-29, 06:53 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "Death sentance"
We had a guy up here in Canada kill 50+ women from Vancouver and bury them on his pig farm. I think this is what it needs to be used on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin