Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Exclamation Blizz "3rd Team" title upcoming..
Posted 2007-07-24, 03:44 PM
Credited: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=14691

This is pretty awesome news. The Diablo 3 rumor has been growing rapidly, and now possibly, it may be closer than ever to being revealed. I would definately hop on the bandwagon as soon as it's announced, unknowing even how the game would play out. But if you all remember back a while (a year or so) when Blizzard had announced that all of their new titles are going to be on the same platform as WoW (MMORPG and 3d gameplay) .. with the announcement of SC2, and WoW already being worked on and running, those being rules out this HAS to be Diablo 3. C'mon Blizzard!

E3 Exclusive: Blizzard Establishes Third Team, New Game Expected

Talking to Gamasutra, Frank Pearce, founding member and senior vice president of product development for Blizzard revealed that the company has a third team hard at work on a new title, separate from World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

The comment came amid discussion of the company's current workforce. "Our global headcount is 2,700," said Pearce, "And most of that is customer service for World of Warcraft! In terms of development staff it’s probably around 350. World of Warcraft is about 135 people, 40 for Starcraft II, 40 for team 3, our cinematics team is about 85 guys. Then there’s sound and Q/A and that sort of thing."

When pressed for details regarding the new project, Pearce was cagey. "Team 3 is working on something really awesome. I can’t give you any hints, but it’s totally awesome."

All attempts to extract additional information were understandably met with looks of shock and horror from Blizzard's director of global public relations, who also attended the meeting.

Gamasutra was able to confirm that, in spite of Rob Pardo's comments at Hollywood and Games that they weren't giving up on StarCraft Ghost, this Blizzard project remains something different. With Blizzcon coming up in mere weeks, it's possible that additional information could be revealed at that time.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-24, 04:25 PM in reply to D3V's post "Blizz "3rd Team" title..."
They've already confirmed they were announcing it at Blizzcon, I'm pretty sure. I think they even said there will be a playable Starcraft II demo at Blizzcon this year, I was almost tempted to go since it's an hour away max.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-24, 04:50 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "They've already confirmed they were..."
Yeah but they've called it Team3 and threw out the options of it being SC:Ghost or even WoW:Expansion II .. which is nice. Just being a Longtime Diablo fan, I can only hope that they throw out another isntallment while i'm living out the last years of my gaming life

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-24, 04:51 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah but they've called it Team3 and..."
Well, we already know another WoW expansion is coming, Blizzard stated that they're looking to put one out a year now.

Since this team is reportedly seperate from the WoW team, I hope it means Diablo 3 as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-24, 10:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Well, we already know another WoW..."
How long has everyone been waiting? Over 5 years...?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-25, 01:21 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "How long has everyone been waiting?..."
Well, I'm pretty sure Diablo II came out in 2000, and the Expansion in 2001, or something like that. So yeah roughly 5-6 years or so.. But hopefully it's worth the effing wait.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-25, 04:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, I'm pretty sure Diablo II came..."
If it isn't Diablo III, I'm pretty sure Diablo III will be groomed to replace WoW as Blizzard's main MMO when competition has started to take more customers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-25, 05:20 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If it isn't Diablo III, I'm pretty sure..."
Definately, there are STILL 2 million current player on Diablo 2, which is fucking amazing, about 5 Million have converted to WoW, plus any other MMO players that aren't convinced would definately go to D3.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-25, 11:30 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "If it isn't Diablo III, I'm pretty sure..."
As much as I want a new diablo, I don't want a new diablo full of the crybaby faghats that are on wow. I dont want to be banned for making a rape joke, making fun of someones dead mom, or threatening to go over to someones house to beat the shit out of them.

That is what made d2 fun for me. If they are going to pull of this (relativly speaking) kiddy shit with language filters and whatnot, I don't want it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-07-25, 11:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "As much as I want a new diablo, I don't..."
Exactly, I'm not too fond of the idea of another MMO, especially since the Diablo series have been largely PvE oriented in design (rather than practice).

If the next installment is another raid-type MMO, I'm going to be angry.

Also, the crybaby rules on WoW are a definite turn-off for a new game as well, but I imagine there's no escape from it now...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-26, 08:21 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Exactly, I'm not too fond of the idea..."
Vollstrecker said:
Exactly, I'm not too fond of the idea of another MMO, especially since the Diablo series have been largely PvE oriented in design (rather than practice).

If the next installment is another raid-type MMO, I'm going to be angry.

Also, the crybaby rules on WoW are a definite turn-off for a new game as well, but I imagine there's no escape from it now...
I could've sworn that Diablo was rated "Mature" but I can't recall, and I know that WoW is rated Teen.. not sure if that has to play into anything at all, but Diablo DOES have a different team running them, WoW has always been more younger age group based.

And yes, i'd be mad about the MMO raid type of Diablo as well, it would be fun, but I really do just want an upgraded story of Diablo 2 with newer gen models.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-26, 08:39 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I could've sworn that Diablo was rated..."
D3V said:
I could've sworn that Diablo was rated "Mature" but I can't recall, and I know that WoW is rated Teen.. not sure if that has to play into anything at all, but Diablo DOES have a different team running them, WoW has always been more younger age group based.

And yes, i'd be mad about the MMO raid type of Diablo as well, it would be fun, but I really do just want an upgraded story of Diablo 2 with newer gen models.
Agreed, I'd definately play an MMO raid type diablo, but I'd much rather prefer a game like Diablo 2 but better. I really don't want to have to raid to beat Diablo.

I mean, it would make more sense than one mortal person taking on Diablo himself, but it just wouldn't be the same to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-07-26, 09:51 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Agreed, I'd definately play an MMO raid..."
Diablo 3: Wars in Heaven? I think some of the angels should (esp. Tyrael) should become corrupt. But then again, this isn't the 'think up your D3 storyline' thread.

I agree with the non-raid format, although I have never played a raiding game. Too me it just seems like too much time that you can't control. In D2 you can bounce around from game to game in a matter of seconds, and not being able to leave a raid for hours seems ludicrous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-26, 09:57 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Diablo 3: Wars in Heaven? I think some..."
Like 4 years ago I was talking about how Diablo 3 would go, and it was the angels going bad. I'll try to find that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-07-26, 10:03 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Like 4 years ago I was talking about..."
Here we go.

kaos said:
i got this from this one webpage..forgot name...that doesnt me iam saying there is a diablo 3 iam just posting wat the guy said:

Diablo III Article by Zed - Not Modified

Diablo III has been announced by blizzard, but yet its not officially confirmed, though i know the storyline, the new act and everything its still merely an idea, anything can change at a moments notice, right now its being debated should it be a sequal to d2 or its own independant storyline.

If it is a sequel to diablo II, I already have FULL information on that storyline and will give you that whenever Razor wants it(Whether its here, or in an email to him or what not)

Anyways, the debate is still on, but ill give you some hints, if its a d2 sequel, its gonna have 2 new classes or one (unsure but its said to be 2), a new act, and a VERY surprising boss (if you really care to know ill release everything)

Anyways its still being debated on, but i hope it becomes a d2:LOD sequel for one reason, diablo I you supposivly killed D but yet he came back in d2 cuz his "soul stone" wasnt destroied, well after you kill Meph, Him, and Baal you destory the worldstone meaning THEY CANT COME BACK, so if they cant come back then the d3 story will be meaningless, nothing familiar, nothing fun, just a shot out old repetitive storyline where you go to kill diablo who somehow managed to rise from the dead once again... i hope d3 becomes a sequel to d2:lod but d3 is still merely an idea, and will not be worked on until the completion and release of WoW and Wc3, so basically we have a long wait to go, but all the information i have should be pretty accurate (around 75%, it may get higher over time but my sources [direct inside blizzard] have told me mostly all of this and what and what not to believe)

Act 6: The merging of heaven and Hell

The story continues after Tyreal destroyes the worldstone, and some of tyreals last words were how he does not know how destroying the worldstone will affect the world, but thats a damned lie. After the worldstone is destroied, the heavens and hell collides forming more of a weird ass realm, and tyreal is the bad guy, the whole time. Apparently it wasnt diablo, baal or meph who you were really after, tyreal was manipulating you to do his dirty work for him, destroying the only forces that can stop him from taking over the world.

So Your in act 6, new monsters, new people and what not, anyways you arrive at tyreals castle (name is going to be changed later) and you must battle your way through to tyreal. Tyreal, Hadriel, and Izual are the true three prime evils, you must battle them all in like a super death match to defeat them.

Anyways this information is somewhat new and mostly just an idea come up by some creaters/designers, most of this will probably be changed, or some may not be

as for the new classes, im usure, i heard rumors of an angelic and devil classes, where the angel class uses paladian like skills such as holy bolt and even stronger white magic, while the "devil" class uses assasin like skills and a class of its own "dark magic" where it can cast and do its own things, this is VERY unconfirmed and just a rumor/idea from the creaters and programmers

Below is a little history:

History of the angles:
Tyreal is an arch angel who supposivly sealed up the tomb of Baal along with Tal Rasha He also can go to hell for some reason (angels in hell, just doesnt seem right) and Destroys the worldstone After the worldstone is destroied he disappears without a trace (Supposivly)

Izual was supposivly corrupt and working for diablo, his body was encased in that of a demon and so your job in act 4 was to release him and set him free --
My Theory on Izual - IZual tried to attack and or defeat diablo but diablos power managed to imprision Izual in the body you fight (that dragon thing), As i had stated above the angels are the prime evils and that Izual was trying to kill diablo using his own power, but diablo managed to stop him and encase him in that form you see, anyways tyreal assigns you to release izual so the REAL prime evils can unite (basically tyreal uses you to release your enemy even though you dont know it)

Hadriel is different, he shows no signs of being evil, except for the fact that hes the ONLY angel who can walk past the Act 4 city (The name escapes me) without being destroied by the forces of hell. AND he is waiting infront of Diablos Fortress...

Eh this information will probably change after more facts are realeased on d3 (will be a LONG while before we see alot of those)
so till then use this information freely, just dont start making all these huge rumors saying "well Zed said this", this is pretty much more or less an edcuation article to teach what I know about the game and What may or may not happen, though most of this did come from writers/game designers from blizzard, none of this can be confirmed until the WoW and Wc3 projects are complete

--Zed
And it all somewhat makes sense too, especially since Tyrael himself said he went against Heaven.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2007-07-26 at 10:06 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-07-26, 10:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Here we go. And it all somewhat..."
I wonder how Decard Cain will play into this. I'm surprised they didn't bring back Lazarus from Diablo 1, but then again he did die. Ugh, now I have the urge to play the game that has no running, takes forever, and has no WPs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-26, 10:20 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I wonder how Decard Cain will play into..."
Diablo died too. He came back because his SOUL wasn't destroyed.

I doubt the same thing could happen to Lazarus though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-07-26, 10:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Diablo died too. He came back because..."
I remember reading that text, a long time ago too, K_A. I just really, hope, that they will officially announce something, i'm tired of waiting.. ....

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-26, 02:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I remember reading that text, a long..."
I was looking through old posts recently, and I made a post in like 2002 saying that we probably wouldn't see D3 until late 2005. lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-07-26, 02:51 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I was looking through old posts..."
Hmmm, most speculation points to D3 using the Sin Wars as a story backdrop, but I never really got that much into the story of D2 to formulate a progressional storyline past D2.

If D3 is going to be a raid MMO, I'm going to try very hard to stay away from it, because I'm too competitive to simply play a game like that casually. It would drive me insane.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker