Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Heath Ledger found dead in NY apartment
Posted 2008-01-22, 03:36 PM
Australian-born actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence in what authorities say is a possible drug-related death. He was 28.

A police spokesman said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the apartment that is believed to be his home.

The housekeeper went to tell Ledger the masseuse had arrived and found him dead about 3.30pm New York time (0730 AEDT), Paul Browne said.
Ledger was an Oscar nominee for his role in Brokeback Mountain and had numerous other screen credits.

The Perth-born actor had a two-year-old Matilda, with former fiancee and Brokeback Mountain co-star Michelle Williams.

US television network NBC reports his body was found surrounded by pills.
"We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," Browne said.
Ledger and Williams split in September last year.

Ledger played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in Monster's Ball and had starring roles in A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

He was to appear as the Joker this year in The Dark Knight, a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080122/2/15ltq.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-22, 04:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Heath Ledger found dead in NY apartment"
damn this was actually something i might have posted lol but that is wow, him dying is pretty suprising

anyone know if they already finished filming the dark knight?? i wonder who they are gonna replace if they didn't
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2008-01-22, 04:45 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "damn this was actually something i..."
According to Yahoo he finished working on his role as the Joker.

RIP bro
"Every harem has its eunuch" - Ridicule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensheerx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sheerx

Posted 2008-01-22, 09:32 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Heath Ledger found dead in NY apartment"
Well that's pretty damn unexpected.

Wonder if he's allowed in heaven for his role in Brokeback Mountain
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-22, 09:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Heath Ledger found dead in NY apartment"
This pissed me off. he was def one of my favorites.... ugh =[

RIP
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2008-01-22, 10:53 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "This pissed me off. he was def one of..."
That's dumb. Oh well. I enjoyed him in A Knight's Tale, but that's because all the ladies loved it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-01-23, 07:09 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "That's dumb. Oh well. I enjoyed him in..."
Heath Ledger dies at 28.. pretty sad indeed.

Actually, heard it on the news last night right around the time the story was breaking, and I guess now apparently he may have accidently overdosed on sleeping pills that we're mixed or something, i'm sure we'll find out soon enough

CNN said:
Story Highlights
NEW: Former girlfriend, daughter leave Sweden after learning of actor's death

NEW: Oscar nominee's "Dark Knight" role disturbed his sleep, he told press

Ledger's family calls his death "very tragic, untimely and accidental"

No note was found and there was no indication of foul play, police say
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ead/index.html

-Movies.

-Brokeback Mountain
-Casanova
-Lords of Dogtown
-A Knight's tale
-The Patriot
-10 things I hate about you, etc.

Sad story, definately an unfortunate occurance.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-23, 12:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Heath Ledger dies at 28.. pretty sad..."
Heather Deadger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-01-23, 12:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Heather Deadger."
I love how they assume that it was 'accidental'. I would like to have forensic proof that it was actually accidental. Furthermore, people are saying that his character, "The Joker", could have caused him to go insane. I'm sure he'd tell us, but he's not in the condition to do so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-01-23, 09:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Heath Ledger dies at 28.. pretty sad..."
The Patriot is a badass movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-24, 12:15 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "The Patriot is a badass movie."
He was the highlight of Lords of Dogtown as far as I was concerned. The documentary Dogtown and Z-Boys was a much more entertaining watch overall, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-01-24, 12:21 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Well that's pretty damn unexpected. ..."
Thanatos said:
Well that's pretty damn unexpected.

Wonder if he's allowed in heaven for his role in Brokeback Mountain
Westboro Baptist Church is picketing his funeral because he once played a gay character.

I fucking hate Westboro Baptist Church.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-24, 09:56 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Westboro Baptist Church is picketing..."
Are you kidding me!? If hell were real, those retards would have a first class ticket. I don't understand how people get that brainwashed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-01-24, 11:07 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Are you kidding me!? If hell were real,..."
Just think, these are all Huckabee supporters as well, I guarntee it what, the FUCK is this country coming to?....

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-24, 04:06 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Just think, these are all Huckabee..."
No idea?

Death Deadger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-01-24, 08:46 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No idea? Death Deadger."
Gayeth Tituser

Kidding
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2008-01-24, 10:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Heath Ledger found dead in NY apartment"
Breaking News: I don't give a shit! Not even half a shit!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-01-24, 11:09 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Breaking News: I don't give a shit! Not..."
I find it so attractive how you don't care about anything and how you're such a non-conformist, Grav.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-01-24, 11:22 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I find it so attractive how you don't..."
I don't give a bag of intimate fucks about Heath Ledger dying. I mean, that sucks for Heath Ledger and everyone he knows but you are not Heath Ledger or Heath Ledger's posse so stop acting like its Pearl Harbor. Also I noticed that no one at all was talking about Heath Ledger before he died, and now suddenly everyone is The Biggest Fucking Heath Ledger Fan Dot Com. You know what? YOU fake fucking Heath Ledger fans are the reason he died. If even one of you bastards had been there to take that bullet or sleeping pill or whatever for him, he might still be here today, waxing one of his eyebrows for the Batman premier.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-01-25, 05:28 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't give a bag of intimate fucks..."
See! He does care! He's just trying to hide it all with anger.

I thought it was a shocking story, so I posted it. 28 is an extremely young age to die at.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny