Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

View Poll Results: What do you think of Noah's Ark?
The story is a complete fabrication. 8 38.10%
Noah's Ark is a borred myth from another culture or cultures. 3 14.29%
The story is based on real facts and people, but the flood was only a local event not global like the Bible asserts. 5 23.81%
The Bible account should be taken literally. The earth was completely flooded and only those animals on the ark survived. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Science/Religion question
Posted 2003-01-28, 10:36 AM
I'm doing this thing for science about religion vs science and there is some questions that I'd like you to answer. First answer the Noah's Ark poll and tell me what your answer was with your age, then can you tell me if you believe in God and religion. Can you also please tell me why. I'm sorry if this bothers you because there have been so many other threads over religion.
«·´¨*·.¸¸...*Jess*...¸¸.·*¨`·»

Last edited by crystiltormet; 2003-01-28 at 10:40 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
crystiltormet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencrystiltormet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

crystiltormet

Posted 2003-01-28, 10:42 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
I vote option #3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-01-28, 10:49 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
Yeah, you don't have to tell me here cause you already told me @ school.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
crystiltormet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencrystiltormet is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

crystiltormet

Posted 2003-01-28, 11:31 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
* I dont care...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-01-28, 02:37 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
It doesn't really matter if you do or not....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

crystiltormet

Posted 2003-01-28, 08:41 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
I voted the last one...the the Bible should be taken literally...I'm 18 and I've always believed in the Bible being truthfull...I think somethings in science are true, but I really do hate how it tries to have some lame excuss for most everything the Bible says...
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2003-01-28, 11:25 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
How do you know the Bible is making some lame excuses for what science says? Back when the Bible was written, there wasnt the technology there was today. The majority of things we take for granted today couldnt be explained back then. In all reality, the Bible and religion itself could just be the only explanation they could think of then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2003-01-29, 01:13 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"

Silverjinx18 said:
I voted the last one...the the Bible should be taken literally...I'm 18 and I've always believed in the Bible being truthfull...I think somethings in science are true, but I really do hate how it tries to have some lame excuss for most everything the Bible says...
Yeah it really sucks. I hate curiousity of science and technology. Always sticking it's nose where it doesnt belong. It should just lay docile and never occure huh? I completely agree. Let the plagues run rapid as they will. Let people die every day due to no medical advancement.
Fucking scientists and their desire / quest for knowledge / truth.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
By the way, I am not trying to get into a huge never-ending debate like on the last religion thread, I was just bored.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL

Last edited by DaFrigginDoctah; 2003-01-29 at 01:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-01-29, 08:20 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
option 4! pwnz0r
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-01-29, 12:53 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
moved to Help forum.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the inconvenience, i moved to help forum (i thought it was a science and/or religion class question) so i'm going to re-move it back to general mayhem.

No harm done, a problem isnt a problem until it can't be fixed ;-)

My sig won't show =/

Last edited by EX-Mania; 2003-01-29 at 12:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-01-29, 05:25 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
Hmm, with several million species of animals, there's no way he could get them all and put them on an ark(especialy the microscopic ones). Additionaly, thousands of years inbreeding after the flood would cause the gene pool to get all messed up.

Another question is raised: How did he know about animals in, as of then, unknown parts of the world?

And if god is so almighty, why did he have to be so damn elaborate, why not just will all the things he didn't want out of exsistence?

bleh
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MKR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMKR is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MKR

Posted 2003-01-29, 05:45 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
Remember children, the bible was written by people who thought the world was flat.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-01-29, 07:43 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
I myself find it complete fabrication. I'm a firm believer in scientific evidence. There is none as far as I know. And I know, there have been "sightings of it's existance", although there are people who claim to have seen it. Who's to say they're telling the truth? People lie all the time, it's their minuet in the spotlight.

Tai said:
Remember children, the bible was written by people who thought the world was flat.
Also, good point.

Last edited by Wiccan][V][asta; 2003-01-29 at 07:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2003-01-29, 10:47 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
Mathematics is the only true religion, as it is also the only one capable of proving itself.
What I've learned from living in this country : America is a bad word, so is Religion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTai is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tai

Posted 2003-01-30, 04:27 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
the whole concept of the bible is fucked up. the church people have the best bullshit story; there is an invisible man who sees everything and is all powerful created the earth and he has a list of things you can't do. Not only that he always needs money, All wise all powerful.. Can't handle money. I don't argue that their isn't "a God" i just think the bible is bullshit heaven same for anything in the bible
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell Hound

Posted 2003-02-01, 12:00 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
#3 There are facts that there was a great flood.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzsir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

sir.dennis

Posted 2003-02-01, 12:02 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
You dont have to ask others what they think about religion if you believe, you believe.

Sorry about the double post!!! Ill try not to do it again.

Last edited by sir.dennis; 2003-02-01 at 12:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzsir.dennis enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

sir.dennis

Posted 2003-02-01, 04:03 PM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
Just edit it.

I voted #3.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2003-02-02, 10:52 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
sir.dennis said:
You dont have to ask others what they think about religion if you believe, you believe.
Um...this is for school thats why I'm asking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

crystiltormet

Posted 2003-02-02, 11:48 AM in reply to crystiltormet's post "Science/Religion question"
Im just saying what i believe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sir.dennis