Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Piano Simulator
Posted 2006-08-14, 12:54 PM
Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any free piano simulation rpgrams for PC.

I was hoping to use a program to learn to play some music/create it on a PC so that I can use it for websites, etc.

I knew of a few programs but I can not remember what they were called...

Well, any help is greatly appreciated!
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2006-08-15, 10:58 AM in reply to Original Sin's post "Piano Simulator"
There's one program called "Anvil Studio" that allows you to create MIDI files - either put the notes in by dragging them up and down the stave, or by using the keyboard that's on the screen.

http://www.anvilstudio.com/

To learn to play the music, though, will take more than Anvil Studio. If you've got a Keyboard at home that you can play, then that helps. And you should be able to find online Piano Lessons/guides and sheet music to practice with.

It's not that hard - one hand is especially easy if you can read music and know which key is which note. Two hand gets a bit harder because you're reading two parts at once and therefore need to do two different things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-08-15, 10:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There's one program called "Anvil..."
It's actually for my sister who wants to sorta play some. She is at the mind set she doesn't want lessons, she just wants to play music from video games(FF's,etc) and this is the easiest/cheapest(Sp?) way to do it.

Thx though.
"why I've gotta be one of the cool kids just to walk by/
- without being tripped, thrown down on the ground and kicked/
Insulting me for no reason, I was treated like shit/
The teachers let it happen/
I've even seen some of them teachers laughing/
That's why I had a smile on my face when I started blastin/" - Ill Bill - The Anatomy of a School Shooting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Original Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenOriginal Sin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Original Sin

Posted 2006-08-16, 11:36 AM in reply to Original Sin's post starting "It's actually for my sister who wants..."
Right, easy to do. Get the songs in MIDI format (there are numerous sites around that will have them. One good site, with people arranging the music so it sounds better when played as a solo is: http://www.squaresound.com/arrangements.html)

The second thing you need is a program that will take the MIDI's and turn them into sheet music that you can print off. I use Sibelius, but that's overkill if you just want it for making the sheet music from MIDIs (it's a really complicated and advanced program that a lot of musicians will use to compose everything from a brass quartet piece to an opus for a full orchestra).

I think that Finale Notepad should do the trick: FINALE NOTEPAD

Gimme a bell if you can't get it to work. In fact, let me just check if you can import MIDI's, and then I'll give you the link.

Also, if you want things from the Squaresound website, you'll need Sibelius Scorch (another free download): http://www.sibelius.com/products/scorch/index.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny