Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Gun question (if this doesnt belong here, delete me)
Posted 2003-03-22, 07:10 PM
Well, havent been psoting much, in the process of moving.. ive been having trouble finding something though. Ive been lookin for a good rifle, i figure where im moving (idaho, AHHH) i should find a nice gun to shoot aimlessly into my back yard/at various small (potentially cute) animals.

If anyone knows anything about guns, tell me what type of gun i should look for, and what price ( -%120 is about my range) im looking for a used one, or maybe just a shitty paintball/airsoft gun for shits.

If therres anything i should look for, or any maintnece needed for the specific type of gun, state that too.

Well thanks, im off, peace all.. hope i didnt waeste too much of your life when u read this thread
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-22, 07:18 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
Have you ever shot a gun before? How much strength / tolerance for kick (the "backlash" of the gun you get, can be painful if you're new and get a powerful one)
But for all around use, I would reccomend a 30-30 rifle, good accuracy with decent range (unless you're considering sniping the poor fuzzy rabbits from 900 yards away!), not TOO much of a kick, relatively cheap.
For the brand... Winchester maybe?
Or if you are kind of weak in the shoulder area, go with a .22 cal rifle, I used to shoot those when I was 10 so you should be able to.

Oh, and maintinence... All you really need is a gun sheath (maybe 10 bucks tops) and that should be it. Unless you want to go all out and get a cleaning kit and tuning kit and stuff, but you dont need all that.
30-30's usually weigh like... 9 - 10 pounds maybe? I forget but it's something light like that.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-22, 07:23 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
well probably 100-200 yards, and most ill kill is a soft fluffy rabbiet, or a duck. I have never shot a gun, been dreaming about it since i was 6, im not weak in the shoulder area, have been hit with a bat accross my shoulder 2 tiems, didnt really hurt too bad, and had my fair share of accidents. But, i dont think ill need a gun that powerful.

I think id shift towards a bb gun, bullets might get too expensive (no idea how much they cost) and how much would a '30-30, or .22 cal' rifle cost?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-22, 07:32 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
you could stick to something cheap, or you could get something fun. personally, i like .50 cal rifles, such as this m82 below.

you can shoot over 18,000 yards (over 10.5 miles) with that thing and still be accurate and blow up armored vehicles.

but if you're not in the mood for exploding your cute animals, you could stick to a smaller rifle, such as the m24.

or you could just get a .22 cal rifle... which i dont have pictures of.

btw, i'm not a redneck, it's just sniping stuff is hella cool so i sometimes look into that stuff.

--edit--
oh ya first 2 might be a little out of your price range.
So this baby seal walks into a club.

Last edited by ask_rabber; 2003-03-22 at 07:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-03-22, 07:34 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
i would have to say get a .22 cal rifle, i personally own 2 of them, they require little or no strength for backfire purposes, they dont weigh that much and their accuracy is fairly good, not to mension they are pritty cheap espetually used...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-03-22, 07:36 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
any links anyone?

Which is the best for the kind of price im askin for, im not rich, and i dont have a job.. but i do have 42 bucks, and i can mow some lawns or something for extra cash.

BTW rabber, that first gun, and the specs made me shit my pants.. 10 miles, the ppl in the military better use that shit and fuck up 'Arabain Hilter'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-22, 07:39 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
they used that in the gulf war. saw that spec on the history channel in a special called "Snipers." also, the bullets on them travel at near a mile/second.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-03-22, 07:57 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
Rabe i dont think you can buya ny of these since they are only for military personel, he can get a hunting rifle with a scope though.....

and DFG is not called "blacklash" is called Recoil
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-03-22, 08:01 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
i think either term fits.. anyone have links to any sites where i can find a nice 'possibly used' rifle (scope maybe) and some kind of maintence kit. Also how much to bullets/bb's cost?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-22, 08:10 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
ask_rabber said:
you could stick to something cheap, or you could get something fun. personally, i like .50 cal rifles, such as this m82 below.

you can shoot over 18,000 yards (over 10.5 miles) with that thing and still be accurate and blow up armored vehicles.

but if you're not in the mood for exploding your cute animals, you could stick to a smaller rifle, such as the m24.

or you could just get a .22 cal rifle... which i dont have pictures of.

btw, i'm not a redneck, it's just sniping stuff is hella cool so i sometimes look into that stuff.

--edit--
oh ya first 2 might be a little out of your price range.

I haven't found a damn thing about that top gun. The closest thing that I know of it my Dad had an M82 scope on his M1 sniper rifle... :-/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2003-03-22, 08:14 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
that top gun is probably like 9 ft long lol, i think i saw it on discovery way back when, some sniper thing. They lug these beasts around, always sticking to the ground, only like 100 yrds a day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-22, 08:49 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
i suggest you go with a simple .22 cally, their are shitloads of them aound and they are DIRT cheap...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-03-22, 08:53 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
Knight-Rider said:
Rabe i dont think you can buya ny of these since they are only for military personel, he can get a hunting rifle with a scope though.....

and DFG is not called "blacklash" is called Recoil
Yeah I couldnt think of the right term so I just used the closest one I could think of.

And it's 1800 meters... Not 18, 000 yards(!)... According to what I've read about it.
I was looking for one at this gun show I went to a couple days ago, of course I didnt find one, and I couldnt afford it if I did, but I was just looking for the hell of it. I did however see an H&K MSG90 and a PSG1, and some other pretty nice shiat.
Also got some new ballistic ammo for my 1906 Springfield .30 cal (poly carbonate tip with full metal jacket... =\ ) seems pretty cool, I never shot this kind of ammo before.
.22 cals it depends on what kind ya get. You could probably find one for under 70 bucks.
Just watch out for jams!

EDIT:
And I found a page for you with some info on the Barrett M-82 sniper rifle, http://www.snipercentral.com/m82.htm just now, I havent read what it has on it yet though. But with a name like "snipercentral" I'd hope they have good information.

Raziel said:
er er LOL

Last edited by DaFrigginDoctah; 2003-03-22 at 08:55 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-22, 09:22 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
lol, anyway where would i look for a .22 and how would i know about 'jams?'
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-22, 09:28 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
Well just if a shell gets jammed into the chamber... Wouldnt be smart to load another one in there and try to shoot it is all I'm saying.
Umm... Never look down the barrel of a gun, even if it isnt loaded... Err... You know all that stuff already.
Go to Pawn Shops they usually have some good deals on used rifles .22's and such. Make sure they include the clip!

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-22, 09:39 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
dont hafta buy exact models of the guns but there is very similar ones. i know for a fact you can get .50 cals, dont know where though. and it very well could be 1,800 yards instead fo 18,000, but i thought i heard 18,000. either way, a mile and a half is still a long ass distance to shoot from.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-03-22, 09:42 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
http://daisy.ifware.com/cgi-bin/dais...inchester.html

i thought those looked like, the Model 1000X looks real nice, think i could put a scope on that?

http://daisy.ifware.com/cgi-bin/dais...ne_rifles.html

those are cheaper, and they come with scope.. seem kinda cheap though, and the fps is 400 less than the other ones.. does that matter at all?

Last edited by `Insolence`; 2003-03-22 at 09:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-03-22, 09:57 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
Feet Per Second, doesnt matter unless you're going to be doing long range shooting.
Quote:
::: Temporarily out of stock :::
We are still producing this item, but demand has been so great that this item is temporarily out of stock. Please check back with us, or sign-up for our newsletter for the latest Daisy® news.
And air gun would work, but... If you're going to shoot an animal, please use a bigger gun so it doesnt suffer... I am an animal lover and wouldnt want them to suffer. I cant stop you from shooting them but I can stop you from making them suffer with a hot piece of led boiling in their stomach intestines for several minutes or even hours until they bleed to death.
Ah well I'll try anyway... Try to shoot targets (paper cutouts) or have a bud throw a can in the air and shoot that if you prefer a moving target.
I'm Native-American so I only believe in killing an animal if you are going to make full use of it (eat as much of it as possible, except for the bad parts of course, and use the hide, etc) not just killing for fun...
Anyway, go with a 22 I've seen them go for under 70 bucks.

And yeah 1800 meters is a fuckload. I want to use that when I join the Marines as a sharp shooter. That would be badass hoping the sheer force of the bullet flying by a targets head doesnt cause it to implode. :P J/K

Raziel said:
er er LOL

Last edited by DaFrigginDoctah; 2003-03-22 at 09:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-03-22, 10:00 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
oh why dont u get a tank too?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-03-22, 10:18 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Gun question (if this doesnt belong..."
Marine SWAT force doesnt give you your own personal tanks you fuck nut.
Keep on topic if you aint here to help Insolence dont post.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah