Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Faith Healing.
Posted 2009-05-22, 04:51 PM
Quote:
WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) — A mother accused of praying instead of seeking medical help for her dying 11-year-old daughter was found guilty Friday of second-degree reckless homicide.
A Marathon County jury deliberated for about 3 1/2 hours before convicting Leilani Neumann, 41, of Weston. She faces up to 25 years in prison, but no sentencing date had been set.
She remained free on bond.
Neumann's daughter Madeline died from untreated diabetes on March 23, 2008, surrounded by people praying for her. When she stopped breathing, her parents' business and Bible study partners finally called 911.
Prosecutors contend a reasonable parent would have known something was gravely wrong with Madeline and that her mother recklessly killed her by ignoring obvious symptoms, such as her inability to walk or talk.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...XjMoQD98BHKRG0

Do you believe that a mother who had complete faith in her religion and opted to pray for the health of her daughter should have been found guilty?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-22, 06:34 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Faith Healing."
Yes.

When all else fails, I think faith healing would be fine, but if you opt out of standard health care for your child because you want to skip right to faith healing, I think you should be charged when your faith healing works. Seems like a fair enough trade-off, no?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-27, 02:39 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Faith Healing."
Absolutely. That lady is a fucking idiot.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-05-27, 02:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yes. When all else fails, I think..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Yes.

When all else fails, I think faith healing would be fine, but if you opt out of standard health care for your child because you want to skip right to faith healing, I think you should be charged when your faith healing works. Seems like a fair enough trade-off, no?
This should be revised to say "I think you should be charged when your faith healing fails".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-27, 02:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "This should be revised to say "I think..."
Isn't that already the way it is? People put faith that Mary Jane is gonna heal all their prollums, and when it fails, they go to jail...
LOL

Not for long though...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-05-28, 05:36 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Faith Healing."
I think she's got "asylum" written all over her. I think faith healers are mentally deficient.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-05-28, 05:57 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Isn't that already the way it is?..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
Isn't that already the way it is? People put faith that Mary Jane is gonna heal all their prollums, and when it fails, they go to jail...
LOL

Not for long though...
Nobody believes mj is going to solve their problems. This story is just proof of another religious nutcase.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-28, 06:59 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Nobody believes mj is going to solve..."

I was jus' messin'...

Only said it like that because my brother tells me that when he's got shit he don't wanna deal with, he hits a joint, turns on Family Guy, and all of a sudden, life is good! For a while at least, until he's ready to deal with whatever...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-05-29, 07:03 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting ":( I was jus' messin'... Only said..."
Exactly! Your brother preaches the truf. Shit I strained my calves yesterday overextending while working out and a few rips made me feel a whole lot better, instantaneously got rid of the pain and works/worked longer than advil/asprin does.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-29, 10:50 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Nobody believes mj is going to solve..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Nobody believes mj is going to solve their problems. This story is just proof of another religious nutcase.
You mean like Obama.
Who is a Christian.

Seriously though... I think losing her Daughter and feeling like God hates her (if she even believes in him anymore) is bad enough punishment.

I agree with Evil Santa's posts.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-05-30, 04:08 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "You mean like Obama. Who is a..."
Yes. Evil Santa FTW.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-05-30, 01:03 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "You mean like Obama. Who is a..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
You mean like Obama.
Who is a Christian.

Seriously though... I think losing her Daughter and feeling like God hates her (if she even believes in him anymore) is bad enough punishment.

How could you possibly agree with me? My post is the opposite of yours. I think she should be charged for her crime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-31, 11:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How could you possibly agree with me? ..."
Yah I don't get it either. Clarification, please.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-06-01, 10:07 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "You mean like Obama. Who is a..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
You mean like Obama.
Who is a Christian.

You just totally contradicted yourself in that post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer