Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

buying english versions of rm2k3
Posted 2006-06-02, 03:30 AM
come to think of it, i cant think of a single place that sells a english copy of rpgmaker2003... cause if they did, i would buy it in to time. if anyone knows where i can buy an english copy of rm2k3 i would appreciate it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-06-03, 08:04 AM in reply to sciencekid's post "buying english versions of rm2k3"
You're gonna BUY it? Heh, well, I guess I would too if I had the money...
Except one problem. RM2x3 Never had an official release in English so I'm afraid you're at a loss if you wanted to give enter brain money (or whoever the hell makes these, Every game says a different company) But there is the translated version which is entirely free, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of buying. Then again, you could always buy RMXP in the English from a link from rmxp.net
happy spending!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-04, 01:07 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "You're gonna BUY it? Heh, well, I guess..."
rmxp can go suck balls.(no offense to those who love it) i want to buy rm2k3 so that i can unquestionably legally make a game and present it to nintendo when and if i get a job there(and even if i dont) and get my game (if they like it) into a game everyone can play without worrying if they'll get caught by the police or whatever(i still have my doubts of if its illegal or not) and i can get some money along w/ it. i might just go and write my own game in C++ or something and use the graphics on the internet to produce it. that way its completely legal and stuff. as to the fact that it was never released in english, all i can say to it is:... "D'OH!" and "DANG IT!"..... o well
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-06-04, 09:22 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "rmxp can go suck balls.(no offense to..."
No offense taken, but I was also thinking the same thing as well. I didn't feel like learning C++ so I decided to learn RGSS, and when I get enough money and my game is finished, I'll buy the non-pirated version of rmxp. I don't see why you hate it so much, though there are good reasons. If you know C++ RGSS shouldn't be too hard. I don't care if what I'm doing right now isn't legal, because I know I can always switch when I have to. A good question would be: Why the fuck does the government and laws and shit have to have their dicks in everything?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-05, 12:59 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "No offense taken, but I was also..."
whats RGSS? ive never heard of it.... hey, if i had bought a japanese version of rpgmaker 2003 and then developed the game in the illegal english version, would the game and the english program now be legal for me to use? and i dont think that rmxp is a load of crap, its just harder to get sprites and chipsets and such for the game to use and even though there are things that XP has that 2003 doesnt have i have grown attached to the things 2003 does have.... it just fits me better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-06-05, 04:05 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "whats RGSS? ive never heard of it......."
RGSS is the scripting used in RMXP, I think.

It's better known as Ruby.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-05, 07:14 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "RGSS is the scripting used in RMXP, I..."
Ruby Game Scripting System

Sorry I like to think of rgss as being a quicker way to say ruby, but now that I think about it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-07, 03:26 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Ruby Game Scripting System Sorry I..."
i see. what about the other question i had, the one about the legal issues? would it work?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-06-07, 04:19 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "i see. what about the other question i..."
look at the thread frosted snow started a couple days ago about that same thing. Apparently, Don Miguel(the translator of rm2k3 to english) is in cohoots with enterbrain and it is possible you CAN in fact buy an english version from enterbrain. WOOT!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-07, 05:07 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "look at the thread frosted snow started..."
i was more reffering to when i said in post #5: "hey, if i had bought a japanese version of rpgmaker 2003 and then developed the game in the illegal english version, would the game and the english program now be legal for me to use?"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-06-07, 06:39 PM in reply to sciencekid's post "buying english versions of rm2k3"
y buy??
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2006-06-07, 06:43 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "y buy??"
its so that i can profit legally(w/ no questions whatsoever) off of my stuff
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-06-07, 07:09 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "its so that i can profit legally(w/ no..."
No... I don't think that would work. It's kind of like if you're 16 and your dad is in the car, you're driving, but you have pot under your seat that's his....YOU get blamed for it because it's nearer to you. It has to be made legally, not just be made illegally but have the sufficient means to make it legally, without knowing what the hell you're typing. I still think that the link on Don Miguel's website would work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-07, 08:04 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "its so that i can profit legally(w/ no..."
I posted some Vital facts in my post concerning your worries sciencekid.
I think they would help you a lot.
-Frosted_Snow
Angels encamp around them that fear the LORD!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrosted_snow is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frosted_snow

Posted 2006-06-08, 01:41 AM in reply to frosted_snow's post starting "I posted some Vital facts in my post..."
i know, i read it, i was just answering Asamin's question when he said "y buy??".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid