Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Faq
Posted 2002-04-07, 06:21 PM
How do I make screenshots?

First play your game until you get to the bit you want a screenshot of. Make sure you are playing in full-screen mode. If you're not press F4 to do so. Next press the Print Screen key (you'll find it next to F12 on your keyboard). Now exit or minimize your game and click Start > Program > Accessories > Paint. Click Edit > Paste to paste your screenshot. Now to save it click File > Save As and select JPEG from the list. Type a name and save it!

When I try to play a game it says "Could not find RTPe.exe" What is wrong?

You weren't paying attention!! Beneath the link for every game is a reminder telling you to download the RTP, so click the link and download it, then install it.

I downloaded a game but there is no RPG_RT.exe / executable file. How can I play it?

Sometimes game creators delete this file to reduce the size of the download as it is not really necessary as long as you have another game saved somewhere on your hard drive. Simply copy the RPG_RT.exe file from another game into the new game's folder and run it, it should work perfectly.

What is a zip file?

Zip files allow you to compress other files, not only flawlessly reducing the size of them but allowing you to group as many files as you want, making them easier to send together. I recommend using Winzip to create and open zip files.

How do I send someone my game?

First you must send me some screenshots (see above). If I think it's good enough I will give you the go ahead and you can send your game. Before you start you MUST (I cannot stress this enough!!) include ALL additional files you have used. In other words, any graphics, sounds, etc. that were NOT in the RTP must be included. To do this simply copy and paste them into their respective folders in your project's folder. Charsets go in the Charset folder, chipsets go in the Chipset folder, etc. There is nothing more annoying than trying to play a game but having it crash ever 10 seconds because the creator didn't include any of the files. Now, there are 2 methods for publishing your game.

1. Game Disk. This is the 'professional' method but involves an exe file so some people are wary of this because of viruses. First click the Game Disk icon in RPG Maker 2000. Select a location. It's a good idea to create a new folder to put it in so you don't mix up your files. Now create a new zip file (see above) and put all 4 of your new files into it. They should be:
- Setup.exe
- Setup.ini
- UNLHA32.txt
- xxx.lzh
In the last file the 'xxx' will be the name of your game.

2. Zipped project. This is the more widely-used method but can be rather messy. Create a new zip file and open it, then click Add. Open the RPG Maker 2000 folder and then the Project folder. Now click ONCE on the folder your game is in (it should be titled with your game's name) and click Add or OK or whatever. MAKE SURE you include pathnames. That's it!

How do I use switches/variables/forks/etc.?

Read the RM2k help file!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-04-07, 08:02 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
lol i thought the thread title was "fag" and i came here looking for a flame post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-07, 10:56 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
hahe...good expectation.

Made by the Guardian Of Zelaron
Re-edit by the Nightmare of Demons

Made by the Demons' Nightmares
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-08, 12:08 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
nice info tho
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-04-08, 12:17 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
I thought it was fag to and was wondering why a non gay man would post something like that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-05-07, 09:20 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
Sorry I was stoned when I said that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE

Posted 2002-05-08, 08:55 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
it's more like frequently ask question

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-05-08, 08:55 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
More like a q then g

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-10-16, 02:06 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
:EDIT:

Sorry.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Last edited by quikspy67; 2003-02-04 at 09:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2002-10-16, 06:01 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
That was considered spam. Please do not do it again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-03-13, 09:53 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
I have a question:
If I didn't use any of the RTP file (Char set Face Set etc) that came with the Maker, and used all custom RTP, would I still the "origianl" RTP files in order for the game to run?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-06-03, 09:51 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Faq"
No, not at all. But don't forget about Chipsets and Animations and such - ANYTHING you use has to be included.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube