Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2004-03-10, 09:41 PM in reply to Squirt's post starting "No I don't actually. Hacks yes, I don't..."
Show me the leagues.

Then you should have mentioned that is why you were pvping with it a hacker killer...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-03-11, 04:57 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Show me the leagues. Then you should..."
Ok, there are a few things in this thread I think need cleared up...

Ok, FIRST of all, there is a difference between Dueling and PvP. Dueling is the engagement between two teams, usually predetermined and along with furnished rules that all must abide by.

PvP is merely player vs. player combat. Most "dueling" games you enter are just actually PvP games, where it's basically a free-for-all.

The difference is, is that the rules are necessary in a real duel to keep things balanced. Like, if you know you're going up against a Templar, you're going to do like Panic said and stack serious Lightning Resistance and Lightning Absorb.
Now, if you did so, the Templar is merely fucked, as he can't do SHIT to you. That's not balanced, that's just lame. Requires no skill (I am aware that a Templar requires little skill, just an example).

Now if you're limited as to what you can stack on for that, now you need to develop skill to prevent from being splattered. This is where Tactics and planning come in to effect, which will give you experience, and therefore, more skill.

Joining an open duel is just a good way to get corpse-guarded, lose your money, and just generally get annoyed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-11, 05:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Ok, there are a few things in this..."
I understand your point, and open duels is the main reason WHY I made my necro. A FOHer requires no skill and it's purely Items, with max convic. I do not use Absorb usually just when I'm testing where I need my res at. I do however stack res, which I don't think it's unbalanced. Fohers can still hurt me, and they don't heal me, but there dmg is very limited since even with there convic I keep a high res. I however do not believe absorb is fair in duels. I'm fine with people using a raven frost when i'm using my sorc for the fact of not being frozen. But when they were complete cold res/absorb, it just pisses me off again thats the time when I bring my necro ..Personally my favorite duels is Zealot Vs Zealot which is almost impossible to find anymore. Even if you say Zeal only when they realise they are losing they switch to smite... ( Fags ). I do fair dueling tho, and I'm nto scared of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Squirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSquirt is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Squirt

Posted 2004-03-11, 09:19 PM in reply to Squirt's post starting "I understand your point, and open duels..."
Panic said:
I understand your point, and open duels is the main reason WHY I made my necro. A FOHer requires no skill and it's purely Items, with max convic. I do not use Absorb usually just when I'm testing where I need my res at. I do however stack res, which I don't think it's unbalanced. Fohers can still hurt me, and they don't heal me, but there dmg is very limited since even with there convic I keep a high res. I however do not believe absorb is fair in duels. I'm fine with people using a raven frost when i'm using my sorc for the fact of not being frozen. But when they were complete cold res/absorb, it just pisses me off again thats the time when I bring my necro ..Personally my favorite duels is Zealot Vs Zealot which is almost impossible to find anymore. Even if you say Zeal only when they realise they are losing they switch to smite... ( Fags ). I do fair dueling tho, and I'm nto scared of it.

i know with my barb is say zeal v concintrate...and when they start dieing they either charge me or smite me...then i simply ww and they die and say i violated the rules...

reading the foh convic thingy messed me up i put convic and meant concintrate...
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2004-03-12, 10:49 PM in reply to Squirt's post starting "I understand your point, and open duels..."
It depends upon one's preference.

I, myself, like a Duel. It's more of a straight-up comparison of build/equipment/skills.

Open duels are ok, but you can just be killed by some punk who runs up behind you when you're low on life, and say "pwned"...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-03-13, 01:22 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It depends upon one's preference. I,..."
Vollstrecker said:
It depends upon one's preference.

I, myself, like a Duel. It's more of a straight-up comparison of build/equipment/skills.

Open duels are ok, but you can just be killed by some punk who runs up behind you when you're low on life, and say "pwned"...
people that won't let you get the kill are retarded. God only knows how many times I'll duel and they run and run and then pot and fight me and I still slay them and they say I potted...
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos