Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Posted 2004-01-10, 01:47 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Format
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-10, 02:20 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
A format is a rather hasty action for a driver problem...
Are you on Windows 9x or XP?

And yes, Dell should have them for download on their site, as most prefab pc companies do.
Have you messed with anything in your bIOS lately? That's all I can think of right now because I need to jet off to work in a min, but get back to me on these and I'll see what I can do / what else I can come up with.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-01-10, 02:26 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
He's in XP Pro, as you can see in the second image.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2004-01-10, 02:26 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Yes, but format fixes everything... unless it caught on fire. Well... maybe... I've never tried a format for anything related to a fire... I suppose... it may be worth a shot.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-10, 02:30 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Yes, I'm in XP Pro, as Grav just said.

No, I haven't messed with my BIOS lately, but I was supposed to when I got my RDRAM upgrade. I didn't, because I would probably completely fuck up my computer if I tried, since I am a computer illiterate. I didn't mess up when I put in the RAM though, because I was using my CD-ROM for a few days after that.

I honestly don't know what a Format is, or how to go about it. I am so pissed over this right now, that I will do anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-10, 04:18 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Well first of all, if your cdrom Had worked before, it should still work no matter what you upgraded.

Format is when you 'erase' your hard drive of the crap that is on it, if you want to format your HD its easily done with the Windows CD, but I don't reommend it.

What 'I' Would do is get the drivers cd that came with the burner, (if you have it) or possibly go download new drivers for it. What you'll want to do before you put the new drivers on is UNinstall the old ones, then install the new ones.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-10, 06:22 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Click the link, you know you want to. Pro help, in less then a day... rather than 20 obvious solutions...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2004-01-10, 07:02 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Well I do have the CD Drivers, I believe at least, but they don't help, the CD-ROM won't read anything...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-10, 08:12 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
A few things....

What kind of Cd rom is it? Brand, Read speed,n such

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-01-10, 08:15 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
This is the best information I can give you unless you specifically tell me how to get the information you want...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd.jpg (154.7 KB, 38 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-10, 09:39 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
I'd go ask the people at computerproblems.org, they help me with every problem I get.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-10, 11:00 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Ok, you see where it says Locaion O (O) , well I think thats your problem.

Question, do you have 2 cd-rom drives? Have you changed any bios settings latley? Have you tried clicking TROUBLESHOOT in this last picture you attached?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-10, 11:03 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Yes, one for burning CDs and another one for DVDs. No BIOS changes lately, and yes I've tried to the troubleshooting already to no avail...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-10, 11:37 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Have you tried going to the Windows Update site? And under the drivers update check to see if you might have a driver update. http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-10, 11:55 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Well, no I haven't. I have two driver updates, and 16 XP updates, for a total of 65.2 MB of upgrades. Maybe this will do it? I'll let you know when it is done, which is about 11 minutes it says right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-11, 12:27 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Gotcha, I'm not sure what it'll do, or even if it'll fix it, but those are little downloads to make XP run more smoothly with various things.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-01-11, 08:58 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Well, apparently those fucking updates screwed over my entire computer. It not only didn't fix my CD-ROM drive, but it also rendered my internet useless, and disabled a few other applications. I did a system restore to get rid of the updates, and everything else is working perfectly, but of course the E: and D: Drives...

I'm about at the point of saying fuck it, I don't care, I just won't use my damn CD capabilities anymore.

Goodbye Diablo, I needed this to happen somehow anyway...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-11, 10:00 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Medieval Bob said:
Format
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-11, 10:32 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Call up tech support, get a computer pro in there and have him manhandle the computer.

It's solveable, format is a BOTTOM of the barrel kind of thing to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-01-12, 12:52 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "E:\ Drive Error"
Maybe your damn cd-roms are dirty, but the thing is I don't understand how both of them can just GO OUT one day.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V