Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war? (THE ENTIRE THREAD HAS SPOILER CONTENT)
Posted 2003-11-08, 07:23 PM
I am pretty sure that I thought of this, maybe somebody else came up with it somewhere, but, The Matrix has many parallels to the Civil War (among other things).

I will add more as i think of them

1) The Oracle is a Harriet Tubman figure, and the "architecht" represents the plantation owners (don't lie, he looks like colonel sanders).
- Oracle is trying to unbalance the "equation" of the matrix and the architecht has everything conformed and systematic. This shows the architecht to be a very industrial person, like the plantation owners. He represents a stern kind of people that will punish you for disobeying commands. The Oracle can be seen as a revolutianist because of the way she tries to unbalance the equation.

2) People are the robots' slaves
- They are used for energy and food and don't recieve anything in return, and are dealt with quite less than reasonably

3) The "fields" of bodies
- The endless fields and crops of people are just that, crops. The slaves were forced to harvest the crops and what not, just like the people are used as the source of food. (except for the fact that the people are actually the food in the matrix)

4) There is a friggin train for God sakes
-The Underground railroad can be tied to the train that gets programs in and out of the matrix. While the Underground Railroad wasn't an actual train, neither is the train in the matrix, it is a program
- The "train man" says "DOWN here, I am God!" (make note of the use of the word 'down'. It is a subway, hence it is underground, and it is underground in the way that it is a smuggling system.

5) Nearly everyone in Zion is black
-most of the white people are "unplugged". This could mean that they realize the truth or right way, and are abolitionists, rebels (hackers are much in the same 'rebel' light)

6) Agents
- could be seen as the people that work for the plantation owners that go out looking for the escaped slaves and the abolitionists (unplugged hackers)

7) The whole rebellion concept. Sticking it to the man type of thing.

8) I will add more as I think of stuff.

I think that the entire matrix plot is based on two things. The Neo, messiah-esque, thing is like the bible, and the zion thing is like the civil war. Amazing how history spiffed up with robots and guns can be so damn entertaining.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-08, 08:11 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Perhaps, or it could just be The Matrix :-/.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2003-11-08, 08:15 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
The Matrix is more real than the world Neo and the others live in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-08, 09:23 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
It's more "The Bible" than the Civil War.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-08, 09:32 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
The Bible? How you figure that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-08, 10:06 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Jesus died for everyone in the Bible and in Revolutions, Neo dies for everyone.

There are many other reasons but I'm keeping it simple.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-08, 10:10 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
there was an article in the houston chronicle when reloaded came out comparing matrix to the bible. If i can find it ill post it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-11-09, 12:53 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
WTF? All I can see is a big black rectangle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-09, 12:59 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Highlight it, duh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-11-09, 01:07 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Well WXCUSE ME! I didn't know.

Jesus never shared lust with another woman though(as far as we know)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-09, 01:34 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
As far as we know... anyway, it wasn't lust... they were in love.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-09, 01:45 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
How did Neo bring her back to life? I don't think the Architect put that in the code for the Matrix.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-09, 01:49 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
I don't think the Architect intended for a lot of things to happen.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-09, 01:54 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Can the guy live forever?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-09, 01:57 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
What guy?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-09, 01:59 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
The Architect? I mean he designed like seven Matrixes(that right?) didn't he? So if all of them lasts thousands of years...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-09, 02:03 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Yeah but he isn't a person... he is a program.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-11-09, 09:19 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Yeah... I know that there is alot of Bible stuff. But everyone talks about that and its obvious. I figured that I would shed some light in a different area....

And yes, it could just be the Matrix
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2003-11-09, 06:05 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
AH! I wasn't thinking... I liked the first one. In fact, I watched it like 6666666 times. But the second and third weren't that great.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-11-09, 06:09 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Matrix Trilogy parallels the Civil war?..."
Kuja`s #1 said:
But the second and third weren't that great.
*ahem* car scene
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes