Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

fucking RIAA.
Posted 2004-06-25, 09:03 PM
on tuesday, teh RIAA filed 482 more lawsuits against file sharers. total, the music industry has filed more than 3,429 lawsuits all together. i, for one, think that this is total bullshit. maybe if they actually listened to the citizens of our so-called 'free country', they wouldn't have to fucking sue people to get money. because, that's what it's all about. money. fucking greedy bastards. i will not pay in excess of $17 for one or two songs that i might happen to like. they could sell albums if they were cheaper. and it wouldn't even have to be like, dirt cheap, either. they would sell albums if it was like $9-11 and they'd still make a killing off of the income.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-06-26, 12:18 AM in reply to symnzXx's post "fucking RIAA."
Listen to this great idea:

Buy pepsi. Out of every 3 bottles, theres a winner under a cap, remember that.

Download I Tunes, and download songs with your pepsi cap codes.

Pwn
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-06-26, 06:50 AM in reply to symnzXx's post "fucking RIAA."
This is how greedy these fucks are.

At Office Depot, a stack of 100 disks costs $44.87. Thats $.45 cents a disk, approxamatly. Which means on each disk, they are making a 3,700% profit.

I know they want to make money, but this is fucking stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-26, 08:33 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "This is how greedy these fucks are. ..."
I always buy my music, because it is actual music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-06-26, 10:07 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "This is how greedy these fucks are. ..."
I get my CDs free at after-Thanksgiving-Day sales.

Anyhow, the markup comes from several places. The artist, the artist's owner, the writer, the producer, and the manufacturer all make part of the wholesale price. Then, the CDs are shipped to a store to be bought. New CDs that sell for $17 usually (I've got 2 friends that work in this area.) cost the stores about $13. The store's markup is about 28% on those numbers, which is actually not that high in comparison to some other products.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-06-26, 10:15 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I get my CDs free at..."
I steal CD's from Best Buy.... GG.

Actually I don't. I download songs so I can determine if I like that band... as a sample per se. After that, if I determine that I like more than half the songs on the CD, a purchase is in order.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-06-26, 10:32 AM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I steal CD's from Best Buy.... GG. ..."
If I download more than half the songs and like them all, I'm going to download the rest and burn it onto a CD. ggnore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2004-06-26, 12:40 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Listen to this great idea: Buy..."
slaynish said:
Listen to this great idea:

Buy pepsi. Out of every 3 bottles, theres a winner under a cap, remember that.

Download I Tunes, and download songs with your pepsi cap codes.

Pwn
listen to this one: the contest is over.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
symnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensymnzXx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

symnzXx

Posted 2004-06-26, 12:40 PM in reply to symnzXx's post starting "listen to this one: the contest is over."
Oh scheisse! It is!?!?!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-06-26, 04:36 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Oh scheisse! It is!?!?!?"
There was a producer who recently said that piracy hurts the artist or the producer in a minimum and that people should stop being greedy......it was on an anti-piracy commericla too, lol!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-06-27, 09:55 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "There was a producer who recently said..."
Hades-Knight said:
There was a producer who recently said that piracy hurts the artist or the producer in a minimum and that people should stop being greedy......it was on an anti-piracy commericla too, lol!
Lol, I wonder if they actually think we care? I'd love to see them lose their 'job'. If only everybody downloaded their 'music'...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-06-27, 02:36 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Lol, I wonder if they actually think we..."
NonGayMan said:
Lol, I wonder if they actually think we care? I'd love to see them lose their 'job'. If only everybody downloaded their 'music'...
They show it as a trailer @ the movies....lame
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight