Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

The Zelaron Comic
Posted 2008-09-05, 08:50 AM
WARNING!: Dial-up users may take a minute to load the page.
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46698
There is half the first page, as well as the character sheet I threw together of the first three characters.

CHARACTERS
Chruser: The king. He may be young, but his wisdom far exceeds his years. His level of knowledge has lead to the rumor that he is living a second, or even third, life.

Lenny: The king's personal advisor. He is also the head of the Royal Ring. He has extensive knowledge of, and even a little technique in, all things magic.

Syg (pronounced s-as in sad; y-like eye; g-as in gray): He is the head of the Royal Military. He is one of the few soldiers who remain with the ability to use and combat magic.

NOTE: Others will be added as the story unfolds.

BACKSTORY

Zelaron has just gotten itself straightened out from a long civil war. Magic has been banned, due to the commoners' inability to use or defend against it. The Royal Military is no longer taught the Level 1 spells it used in combat that made Zelaron such a fierce enemy across the lands.

The War
Usually, a war is waged when kingdoms need to defend their people, or thier way of living. The ruler of the kingdom relies on it's miltary to drive out any attacks and even push the enemy back into their own land. But what happens when the ruler of a kingdom needs to be defended from his own military? How do you decide who is an enemy during combat, if both sides are fighting under the same glyph?

The kingdom of Zelaron was a leader in magic. White and Black magic were first taught at the Academy in the heart of the main square, as well as they were researched. The most recent advancement was the advent of a "Level" system. The development of Level 2 spells was first stumbled upon with "Cure". Now, it no longer took weeks for a warrior to heal after a curing, he could be back on the battle field in only a few days. The military might of Zelaron seemed to triple during battle. But, just as the good reaches new heights, so must the darkness. Black magic attacks were more deadly, and were able to be spread in larger areas. Black magic allowed the Zelaron military to send fewer soldiers to the front lines, as each soldier now had the ability of 3 or 4 soldiers. Unfortunately, the power became too great for some. Mainly one soldier. He secretly acquired followers, whom he lead to believe were going to need to purge Zelaron of a hidden evil. He preached of the evil even infecting the Royal Ring, causing Zelaron to tear itself apart from within itself.
He started his slaughter in the cover of the black sky, when the Eye of Heaven was shut, so the rulers of the heavens did not have to witness the grisly attacks. He and his followers ransacked 18 camps that night, slaying all who did not follow him. Within the time of 1 sun cycle, the Zelaron military had been reduced to nearly half. The next day, they prepared thier attack on the Zelaron main square. He recieved the name "Righteous Blade" from his followers who believed that he was chosen from the heavens to sever the head of the evil that helmed Zelaron.
"Blade" started his assault on the Zelaron main square in the early hours of the morning, when there was more people inside the walls due to the trade caravans bringing fresh supplies in. Victory seemed to be within his grasp, when the Noblemen intervened. They were a small group of 30 top ranking soldiers who showed the utmost loyalty to the king. They were also the most experienced veterans of combat, some as old as 83 with as many as 300 battles worth of experience. Needless to say, their magic prowess far exceeded that of the rest of the military, which easily became apparent when they engaged "Blade" and his followers. The Noblemen put down the traitorous army in only a few short days.

AFTERMATH
Once the Noblemen claimed victory, the survivors were rounded up and thrown in prison, and healed. A device called the "Silence Cup" was made, which would permanently disable the magic abilities of the prisoners. The cup is made from Dragon's Tear, an item that is perfectly clear, and extremely rare; and a Moon Kiss, a mineral of unknown origins. Each person is magically bonded to the Dragon's Tear, and the only one capable of breaking the bond is the one who set it. Each prisoner, once bonded, was allowed to continue to live a regular life. The king saw fit that magic should no longer be allowed in any land he rules. He formed a taskforce dedicated to tracking and imprisoning or slaying magic users.

THE COMIC
That is where the page starts. Syg is in the taskforce, called Noble Watchmen, and is tasked with aprehending this 'vagrant'...

well, I just worked a graveyard shift, and have yet to sleep, so if shit seems whack, just ask and I will try to explain it a little better.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...

Last edited by Draco2003; 2009-04-05 at 01:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-09-05, 09:16 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "The Zelaron Comic"
Chruser looks so ADORABLE!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-05, 12:08 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "The Zelaron Comic"
i like it, its cute, i'm sure thats not what you were going for lol, but add more characters, and theres too much testosterone :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-09-05, 12:10 PM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "i like it, its cute, i'm sure thats not..."
add the 2 vagina's in there as damsels in distress
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-05, 12:19 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "The Zelaron Comic"
May I be an arch nemesis? I want to kill someone .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-09-05, 12:33 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "May I be an arch nemesis? :D I want to..."
just dont make wkff black, cause he isn't, no matter how much he wants to be. lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-09-05, 02:51 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "The Zelaron Comic"
I can't wait to see what my cloak hides.

Good job.

+Rep.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-05, 02:54 PM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "just dont make wkff black, cause he..."
Lenny, you ruined it .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-09-06, 09:06 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "add the 2 vagina's in there as damsels..."
I am no damsel in destress!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-09-06, 09:23 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I am no damsel in destress!"
oh fine i'll be one. jessifer you can be in the army, like this badass soldier chick that shows no mercy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-09-06, 09:24 AM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "oh fine i'll be one. jessifer you can..."
w00t.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-19, 10:52 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "w00t."
NOTE: Added warning to the first post!
Alrighty then, here is a completed pg 1, which has been fixed in Syg's birthday thread, and another 3 pages...

NOTEThese pages have been slightly adjusted and added to the first post!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...

Last edited by Draco2003; 2009-02-14 at 11:52 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-10-20, 08:39 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "NOTE: Added warning to the first post!..."
Heh, not bad. King = teh eval. Just a few things:

1. Panel 8 of page one makes the king sound like a pedo. Kinda amusing, regardless.

2. Panel 6 of page two, there's a spelling error. Should be "accommodations".

3. Panel 7 of page three, there's a spelling error. Should be "tying" and not "tieing".

4. Panel 7 of page four looks odd without a background. It's as if Lenny is a flying midget. The perspective in panel 6 seems off, as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-20, 09:19 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Heh, not bad. King = teh eval. Just a..."
lol nice work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-20, 10:44 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "NOTE: Added warning to the first post!..."
Very nice! This depicts my psyche well, too.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-10-20, 11:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Very nice! This depicts my psyche well,..."
Chruser is a marauder, badass lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-20, 11:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Very nice! This depicts my psyche well,..."
You're secretly the spawn of satan in the form of a pre-pubescent teen?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-20, 12:05 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "You're secretly the spawn of satan in..."
Lol! This is awesome. Good work +rep no doubt.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-20, 03:52 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "NOTE: Added warning to the first post!..."
I love Chruser's character - you've manage to capture his air of zaniness.

And I can't wait to see what I'll do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-10-21, 03:42 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I love Chruser's character - you've..."
I like the comic. Be sure to add more members of Zelaron in upcoming issues for more variety
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow