Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

The OC Appreciation
Posted 2004-03-02, 09:36 PM
Since my last thread about The OC expired, I'm starting this new one.

Latest episodes, we all seen up to 21 yet?

Perfect ending on 21 yes?

What will happen to Anna? I mean they can't just kill of an important character like that right? And what the hell will Ryan do?

Post your thoughts
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-02, 11:38 PM in reply to Randuin's post "The OC Appreciation"
Well, I really don't know what to think about the whole Anna situation. They showed her leaving on a plane in the previews, and Seth going after her, but I thought the whole Summer thing was getting all serious, especially since they finally let the whole school basically know.

Ryan and Marissa are not over, but obviously Ryan wants to bone Theresea again (I'm pretty sure they had sex in the past?) Ryan gets beat up, evidently, but I think this will be one of the last few episodes with this debockle going on. Ryan and Marissa probably won't end up together until mid next season though, just to keep it interesting.

I actually don't know why this is all a spoiler, since it is all speculation, but I went with your initial format of the spoiler to answer those questions in the same fashion. I'm weirding myself out right now actually. The only one I've missed so far was "The Secret", when Luke's Dad turned out to be gay. Oh well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-03, 12:59 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, I really don't know what to think..."
Haha it's quite funny how it's an American show, but us Canucks have already seen the episode on monday I know what happens and will give you a brief preview in a spoiler here Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled... obviously

Okay, so first off, Ryan fucks Teresa again, no surprise there. Eddie finds out, beats him, Teresa thinks they're way over their heads and goes home back to Eddie.

Seth thinks Anna is leaving because of him, Anna makes lots of other excuses. Seth thinks Anna is lying and really doesn't want to hurt her feelings and make her leave Newport. So Anna comes to say good bye to Seth at this party, but she couldn't do it, and left a letter with Ryan. Ryan jumps into the water getting the letter wet and Seth could not decipher it. He reads it wrong and turns out Anna loves him as a friend and only think she needs to leave.

I thought the parents had a big thing goin on. Seth's mom (I have no idea how to spell her name) finds out that she will be involved in the lawsuit too. And gets pissed off at her dad and doesn't want Cowen to help out. But he does anyway, hug hug hug finish. He did something illegal and I guess all this crap will be revealed in episode 22
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-03, 09:56 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Haha it's quite funny how it's an..."
Oh shit, you already saw the damn episode??? I didn't know that! I was wondering how you got your 21 episodes number, because everyone I missed I've found elsewhere, and I'm only on episode 20.

GG, I'll read it tonight, after it is shown. It comes on Wednesdays here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-03, 05:37 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Oh shit, you already saw the damn..."
Canadians get the show 2 days earlier than Americans on CTV Quite ironic if you ask me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-03, 06:41 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Canadians get the show 2 days earlier..."
I utterly loathe the OC. Personally, I think it is poorly acted bullshit, but that is just me... why do I matter?

Last edited by Penny_Bags; 2004-03-03 at 06:44 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-03-03, 08:10 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I utterly loathe the OC. Personally, I..."
Please stick to the thread which obviously states "The OC Appreciation" If you have something negative to say, stick to another thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-04, 09:24 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Please stick to the thread which..."
Well, first off, Ryan didn't "jump" in the water, he was punched by Eddie, and fell into it. Secondly, Seth's mom's name is Kirsten (A little variation from Kristen, and she is also called Kiki). Finally, "Cowen" isn't Kirsten's husband's name, it's Sandy, and Cohen (Maybe its Cowen?) is their last name.

Overall, it was a relatively decent episode. I know Ryan would kick Eddie's ass, so that fight was cheesy. I don't understand why Anna wouldn't want to say bye to Seth and at least give him and Summer her address, phone number, etc. over in Pittsburgh so they can visit, so that was weird. The best part in my mind was that Jimmy is starting to suspect Luke and Julie, and in three weeks (Mother fuckers!) it appears that Ryan and Seth catch them at the hotel.

I'm not adding spoilers since the episode already aired, and it appears me and you are the only ones really getting into any sort of conversation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-04, 04:59 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, first off, Ryan didn't "jump" in..."
it was a good episode, although most episdoes of it i think are good anyways, also remember also in the new episode, ryan finds out haley,(kirsten's sister) works a strip bar, but besides that, arent they too young to go in a strip bar?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-03-04, 06:27 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "it was a good episode, although most..."
Not in newport!

Well apparently Paris Hilton stars on the next episode, I didn't happen to catch the preview can anyone gimme a quick outline?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-04, 06:59 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Not in newport! Well apparently..."
They goto the sunset strip, ryan sees this girl he knew(i didnt reconize her) on stage stripping.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2004-03-04, 08:18 PM in reply to platnum's post starting "They goto the sunset strip, ryan sees..."
Hailey? Sweet, too bad I have wait 3 weeks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-04, 08:28 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Hailey? Sweet, too bad I have wait 3..."
Yeah, that seriously sucks. It was Kirsten's sister, Hailey, as was mentioned many times already. Not only is Paris guess starring, but also Colin (I think thats his first name) Hanks, the one from Orange County with Jack Black (And Tom Hanks son, BTW).

Yeah, its weird, I can't really gauge how old they are supposed to be. I think they are in their second year in High School, so they are like 16. I also can't figure out the driving deal. Maybe Seth is still grounded from getting the Land Rover trashed back in that Chino party early in the season? Not sure though, because they are rich as shit, so you'd think he'd be driving a pimped out ride...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-04, 08:46 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeah, that seriously sucks. It was..."
Yea, You'd think at least Luke would have a pimpin' convertible or something. Newport is obessed with SUVs? Next episode looks like it's going to be massive with alot of stars

PS: Is there a way I can keep the thread alive for 3 weeks but refrain from just posting things like *bump*?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-04, 09:41 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Yea, You'd think at least Luke would..."
Of course there is, and I've done so just now.

Yeah, but Luke's truck is definitely a hot ride, you gotta admit that at least. I wonder if Sandy will get caught for breaking the law to get Caleb out of legal trouble? Doubt it, but who knows. Anyway, I hope they get Hailey back in the action more, she is one fine piece of ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-04, 10:04 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Of course there is, and I've done so..."
Omg, you're totally right, she's damn hot!

Found these off a spoiler site, high light if you wish to be spoiled

The L.A.: It seems that the gang are on a trip in L.A. Ryan and Seth go to the Mermaid Inn to get a watch that was forgotten there. The manager says that she was a pretty lady the girl who stayed there... Ryan's girlfriend? Ryan salts in the wounds and says no. Later, Ryan, Marissa, and Seth go to a club. Hailey is there because she is working at the strip club. She inquires about what Seth and Ryan are doing in such a club. And Ryan says that if Kirsten knew what Hailey was doing for a living, she would surely take her back at the house. It seems that Hailey is also taking drugs. Ryan, Marissa, and Seth are thrown out of the club. Summer is also there with someone named Grady. Something doesn't go as planned, and Summer asks Seth to go back to New Port. Ryan and Marissa sneak back in the club to get Hailey. They get intro trouble and the manager and bouncer are about to hit Ryan when... Jimmy saves the day! Will they hit a kid in front of paparazzis? He tells the kids to head back and he'll give Hailey a lift. Not waiting for the kids to even be gone far enough, Hailey and Jimmy hug. Luke wants to have a chat with Julie, who seems embarrassed he came to the Cohen's to talk to her. Caleb appears in the episode.

Introduction of two new characters (recurring/guests?) April "Actress in her 20s" and Grady
April, Grady and Summer are involved in some sort of acting (television/movie?)
Julie and Luke continue to have a secret fling
Marissa pretends Ryan is a television star to get into a VIP club
Hailey and Seth both see each other at the club and neither are supposed to be there
Hailey is pretty much a stripper at the club
Ryan gets into a fight with the bouncer of the club
Jimmy appears and breaks up the fight
This is supposed to be Anna's last episode for the time being
----------------------------------------------------------
Episode 24 apparently will be called "The Shower" and it's talking about Caleb and Julie's wedding shower, a rumour but seems very possible looking at Caleb wanting to get together with Julie and this will probably cause alot of interesting conflicts with Luke

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-05, 02:40 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Omg, you're totally right, she's damn..."
Sweet. I couldn't resist, damn you Randuin!!!!! Oh well, its not like my temptations wouldn't have hit in within the next three weeks anyway, so I just got it out of the way now.

Anyway, they did show Ryan and Seth catching Julie and Luke at the hotel (Probably when they were going back to get the watch?), but I guess they don't say anything to the public just yet. Caleb and Julie getting married?? You know Luke is gonna continue to hit that!

Hailey will probably end up moving in with Kirsten again, regain her trust with her Dad, Caleb, take his money again, and be gone. Either that or she will get more romantically involved with Jimmy, and she'll end up hitting on Ryan or something, which will cause a huge ruckus. Either that or she will get an intervention and that will turn into a gay episode about drugs and shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-03-05, 09:57 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Sweet. I couldn't resist, damn you..."
Haha, I'm pretty sure the Jimmy route is most likely with Hailey It's cool how they have to manage about 5 or 6 different relationships each episode :P

By the way, If you want to be spoiled futher, I have actually found dialogues of the episodes 23/24
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-03-06, 01:20 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Haha, I'm pretty sure the Jimmy route..."
oo how did u do that randium? with that blue square? and where did u get the information? i would like to be more spoiled lol, if u could give them

Last edited by iceman887; 2004-03-06 at 01:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-03-07, 05:04 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "oo how did u do that randium? with that..."
All you have to do is click reply on his post, and the tags he used will show up. spoiler=blue, with [] before, and [/] after.

Anyway, no, I don't want to be spoiled anymore, so don't post anymore of them, because I can't withstand the temptations, obviously. We will just have to gut it out for a few weeks and comment further.

I'm gonna miss Theresa, she was smokin hot too. She puts Marissa to shame, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied