Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2003-02-21, 11:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
ya it's great now... i don't have the patience to follow any tuts tho gotta build my patience
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-21, 11:59 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
lol I am the same way, but I the videos helped me. I just hate most tuts cuz..

1) I hate reading
2) They use big words and talk way to intelligent(spellcheck) for me
3) They are long and usually skip something I need to know, leaveing me lost
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 01:39 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
i'm okay with the big words and all but i always get bored after the 3rd step in the tutorial
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 03:31 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
Randuin said:
well there are a lot more tutorials now, when i tried to learn LW (before i tried to learn 3dsmax or maya) there was hardly ANY tutorials for LW
Gee, when were you trying to learn LW? Five years ago, almost back in the Amiga days?

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-02-22, 03:33 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
Oh, and by request, here's the rendered version of my scene. It's far from done, but I guess I'm obligated to show it anyway. :P

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
okay remove the bottom refration immediately and put it as a semi-opaque light... it'd look so much damn nicer.. and that tower light thingy (the one that shoots out 3 lights) omg that looks almost like a cel shaded render... the heck?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:45 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
All I have to say is, wow... that looks so nice rendered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:49 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
well those are my only complaints... the rest looks good just need more texturing work
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 10:52 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
If I could make anything that was close to that, I would be happy. I am just practicing like hell trying to catch up with you guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:06 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
well you're gonna probly catch up to me soon... may be you've already done it... i don't know just keep at it and you'll get good eventually
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:27 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
Randuin said:
may be you've already done it...
already caught up? lol not a chance... just seeing you work on that eye blows me away and your useing LW something your not familar in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:36 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
lol well learning other packages do help... the only package that i cannot adapt to is houdini... all my skills on other packages goes away
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 11:54 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
True, I am going to mess with XSI and Maya, XSI to teach(like you said before), and Maya since you talk so highly of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 02:23 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
well XSI and maya are about the packages that EVERY 3d school out there teach, so you can see their popularity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 02:49 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
Yeah like that school I was telling you about, there classes are in 3Dmax, but I say if I learn 3DMax I can take what i know into LW
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 04:04 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
ur right it's all interchangable... i wish houdini was too but then after if houdini was interchangable it would lose all it was good for its uniqueness of workflow
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 05:53 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
Yeah as much as you talk about it, I should check it out
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 06:07 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
what houdini? it's really powerful but hard to use... very hard :
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-02-22, 06:13 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
Hard eh? well I should learn LW first then, so at least I can learn the concept of 3D Modeling
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-02-22, 06:15 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Army of Nodes (Depth of Field test)"
definitely so all you've been doing so far is polygonal modelling then just smoothing them out with subpatches afterwards?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin