Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Tron
Posted 2008-01-07, 02:01 PM
Anyone remember this movie? I just came across a Tron T-Shirt that my sister got me for my birthday a couple months ago... This used to be my all time favorite movie.

Some pics to jog your memory:

While trying to find pictures for this thread I came across this news article, though it was posted on September 11th 2007, I'm still excited:

::EDIT:: Fuck, HTML needs to be enabled cause now this link might throw off the size resolution of this thread >.>

<a href="website">text</a> Needs to work!

Anyway, link:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

:EDIT2: Well, I guess it shortens the link. kewlies.

For those of you who don't feel like reading the whole thing:
Quote:
Hot on the heels of last week's announcement that Steve Lisberger - the director of the 1982 ground breaking film TRON - was going to be returning to the director's chair for the first time in nearly 20 years, the Hollywood Reporter is saying that Lisberger's on-again/off-again sequel to the cult classic appears now to be on again.

Commercial director Joseph Kosinski is reportedly in final negotiations with the Disney to develop and direct the as yet untitled TRON sequel. Kosinski will work with screenwriters Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, who have contributed to the television series Lost, on developing the sequel's storyline.

So... anyone ever seen it?

Last edited by -Spector-; 2008-01-07 at 02:05 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-01-07, 02:18 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Tron"
Twice, I think.

I rather liked the bike sequences, and the scenes in the light-ship on the way to the MCP.

A sequel will be interesting, particularly with the advances CGI has made since the 80s.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-07, 02:28 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Twice, I think. I rather liked the..."
I agree, but you should of left this in the chatterbox cause this thread will see alot less activity in this forum
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-01-07, 02:33 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I agree, but you should of left this in..."
Compromise - General Conversation. But I'm moving it back here once its activity has died down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-07, 03:48 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Compromise - General Conversation. But..."
You're the best Lenny!

lols
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-01-08, 06:20 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "You're the best Lenny! lols"
I have seen the movie before, my old shop teacher loves the old stuff, and it's one of his favorites. He played it for us in class. I love how they adapted it into KH2, it was awesome to play the bikes in it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Ryp` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Ryp` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Ryp`

Posted 2008-01-08, 10:25 AM in reply to `Ryp`'s post starting "I have seen the movie before, my old..."
And horribly frustrating at the same time, if I remember.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-08, 01:56 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Tron"
The 80's were creepy. Can you believe we're almost in another decade?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav