Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2002-09-25, 04:57 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
wow, I thought I knew canadians....all the ones I know are mellow people.....but you guys are all angry!

calling soda "coke" is like calling polystyrene "styrafoam" or copiers "xerox" or....theres another but I cant remember

Ive never heard anyone call it "coke" here, as a blanket term.....cause most of the time it isnt coke (seems odd, calling, say, mountain dew "coke"....they arent even the same color!)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DKWicked

Posted 2002-09-25, 06:16 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
well people tend to say pop or coke when they are undecided on what brand they want, example:

guy talking to friend: "man i need a pop" when they get to the kets say pizza place "yes i would like a mellow yellow plz" so i dont think people aktually say to a waitor ect... ya i would like a pop, the waitor would look at you and abserve what a dumbass you are because you did not say the brand of pop you want...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-09-25, 06:47 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
but coke is a brand, anyway....if I say I want a coke, I want a coke....if I say I want a dr. pepper, I want a dr. pepper......youd have to be silly to order a "pop" or a "soda" haha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DKWicked

Posted 2002-09-25, 06:55 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
All true, but if you think to your self....people are different, and that is why people choose to use different terms.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 06:56 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
[check message length]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:12 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
What are you talking about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:19 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Quote:
Originally posted by "CRØNîC-KîLLå"

heh, your fucken funny arent you? why dont you shut your fucken mouth b4 dissing up canadians or any other people? you fucken retarded sun of a bitch why would you even begin to fucken say how another country's wording is gay, look at the fucken map you blind ass mofo, even people in the u.s. call it pop, so to me the green is equal as much as any other color in that map, ++++ all of canada calls it pop, theirfor it might actually be possible that more people call it pop then soda ect... did you even notice that? and another thing, wtf do you have against canadians what are you jelious of us? seems to me like you are, otherwise why would you diss up a country about the way they use a term, why dont you go and diss up every country then and talk about how retarded their languadge is to english you fuckn dumb ass mother fucker...

lol i can say many things about americans too, but you see im smarter, i dont say them, and i dont even think about them, because i have no problem with americans, so what the fuck do you have against us?

another thing, using "eh" at the end of a sentence is actually good, it tends to shorten your sentence structure if you think about it, perfect example:

do you think that the party was good?(not using "eh" would resault to this, thus making the sentence much longer)
that party was good eh?(using eh? is like a question, asking if the person agrees or not thus making the sentence shorter)
Okay first of all, if you knew me, which you clearly don't, you wouldn't be pissed at all. I make fun of everyone, including myself and americans. And not once did I say that your language was gay. You did! So being that you said that, I'm guessing the Canadian language is gay. And seriously, watch your language, it's very abusive. Haha. It's so funny when I piss someone off. Oh the wonders of posting. People like you are truly ignorant though. Don't get so butt-hurt. If I'm being too offensive with the Canadian jokes then I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Oh shit but honestly I think it's hilarious. Truth be told I was hoping TiCat (a member of my clan) would read all my Canada jokes, being that he's a Canadian. Jealous of Canadians!? Haha. Are you serious? That's the joke right? Hahahahahahahaha. Lol. I mean, I'm sorry. That's the joke eh? Anyway I figure I'll just ask you a simple question. Using my new found word. Posting is fun eh? Us americans can shorten our sentence structure too!

Last edited by JiN-RaiDeN; 2002-09-25 at 07:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:22 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Quote:
Originally posted by JiN-RaiDeN

Okay first of all, if you knew me, which you clearly don't

Thats the thing...we dont know you, and we dont want too. Ask around, I hate racist people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:32 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
I'm not being racist homeboi. That's the thing. Racist people pick a particular group, or groups and hate them for a reason. I however make fun of EVERYONE. Including blacks, whites, asians, Canadians, Americans, Iranians whatever it may be. INCLUDING myself! So you're not making a point here junior.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:34 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
OK, I dont want to continue this fight. Agree to just cut it off here?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:41 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Yeah dood I'm done. I never wanted to fight in the first place. See I'm not used to the rest of Zelaron. I'm used to posting and answering to forums with people I don't know. The only forum I'm on I know everyone that post there. So I was out of line. It was intended for TiCat. I only make fun of TiCat and JohnnyTAE cause I know them. But yeah I'm done. Cause my computer is slow, and I'm tired of waiting for it to load and having to reply to you. You reply to all my replies too fast. I can't keep up!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:45 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Ok its all good now..time to get it back on topic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:52 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Back on topic. Right. DKWicked I know what you're talking about. Xerox machine is a good example because lots of people call them Xerox machines. Even when the copying machine isn't even made by Xerox. Great example. We don't call these people idiots though. I bet a lot of you don't even realize it. Another good example is "Kleenex" (I hope I spelled that correctly). Anyway, lots of people call tissues, "Kleenex". When in fact that's just the name of the company that makes tissues. Another example that I know a lot of you won't accept is Nintendo. Of course we don't call all consoles "Nintendo" because we're gamers and dammit we know better. We know a Sega Nomad when we see them. And we know they're not Gameboys. But usually parents, and grandparents or anyone that's old (I don't want to put an age because I might offend someone of that age and then get abusively replied to) would call any system a Nintendo. My mom all the time told me to turn my "Nintendo" off. Yup. And not once did I turn off my Playstation 2. I suppose she'll figure it out someday.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-25, 07:59 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
heh, thats exactly what I do, my dad says stay off the computer (when he means my GC) and I just say ok, and keep playing the gamecube.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-25, 08:03 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Hahahaha. It's great. And what's even better. Is by the time my mom finds out that it is a Playstation 2. I'll be playing Playstation 3. Not to mention how I confuse the hell out of her ass. Sometimes she gets the systems right. "Turn off your Sega CD NOW!" But you know, I'm just playing a 32X game. My mom and your dad will never win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-26, 08:32 AM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
DrWicked, Pop is not a brand of Carbonated Drinks, Pop is another Better less casual way of saying Soda... so.... oh and i just got the idea of making a carbonated drink called Pop and Soda =D so if people say i want a soda or say i want a pop, they`ll automatically get my drink =D they'll be forced to drink MY drink so i will RULE THE WORLD! or.. get rich atleast =D

My sig won't show =/

Last edited by EX-Mania; 2002-09-26 at 08:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2002-09-26, 09:58 AM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Or it'll bomb just like Crystal Clear Pepsi did. Awe man that was good stuff. Does anyone remember that? It was like Sprite on steriods.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2002-09-26, 10:48 AM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
Crystal Clear Pepsi? Didnt hear of it.. Anyone ever tryed the Glacial Ice powerade before? They dont sell it anymore, but it was some good stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-09-26, 01:37 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
That map must be wrong becuase I live in Pittsburgh and we all call it pop. We also say "yins" instead of yall and "worsh" instead of wash
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-09-26, 01:51 PM in reply to Penguin's post "Pop, Coke, Soda"
I didnt say pop was a brand, I said coke was a brand
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DKWicked