Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: Just pick one or two... or why not all nine?
Action/Adventure 6 10.34%
Fighting 9 15.52%
Racing 20 34.48%
Role Playing 7 12.07%
Puzzles/Strategy 9 15.52%
Sports 26 44.83%
Sims 11 18.97%
Shooters 9 15.52%
Misc 9 15.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Which one is the worst gaming genre?
Posted 2002-08-07, 06:31 PM
Feel free to vote for multiple options, or even all if you can't stand computer games.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-08-07, 06:35 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser
Feel free to vote for multiple options, or even all if you can't stand computer games.
This is limited to computer games?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-07, 06:38 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Quote:
Originally posted by !King_Amazon!

This is limited to computer games?
Well, yes. Most normal people don't usually play "real-life shooters", while everyone is playing a real "sim" game, so the voting would be unfair if this included real life.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-08-07, 06:39 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
i think he means console games and such...
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-08-07, 06:42 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
ive played real life fps....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-08-07, 06:43 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Sum Yung Guy
ive played real life fps....
I said "most normal people".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-08-07, 06:47 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
I meant limited to computer games as in PC games, not consoles/other non PC games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-08-07, 08:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Sports games are just sheer crap. It's the same regurgitated crap over and over again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-08-07, 08:51 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
some sports games are quite fun like take for example.........

oh i know Tekken Bowling! the mini game you can play in tekken tag on ps2! that is a fun sport game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-08-07, 09:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Action/Adventure - Uhh this is kinda wierd cause Action games are diffrent from adventure. Action can be shooters too? like delta force or even UT. While Adventure are games like Myst and maybe resident evil. I like action games but im not to much for Adventure type games.

Fighting - Games like Tekken, even tho i cant think of that many on computer.... But they are pretty good, i dont really like them much.

Racing - Like nascar or futuristic racers. I like realistic racing games just so i can crash but thats about it.

Role Playing - hmm... This could prolly include a ton of online games and baldurs gate and the ultima series (which i guess is adventure too). I like these, but not all of them.

Puzzles/Strategy - Ok this in my opinon shouldent of been grouped together =p. Puzzles = Tetris. Strategy = WC3 and Empire earth. I hate puzzles, and i like Strategy games alot.

Sports - SOMETIMES. NOT on computer only on Console like ps2 or xbox and most likely not for long, just untill i get over the awe of the nice graphics and then its boring.

Sims - Im really into All sims. ive got like EVERY "Sim" game. Sim safari, sim town, sim city(s), sim copter, sim tower, sim ant, sim park, simearth, the sims. Also i guess Flight sims fit in here, Flight sims are fun. I like sim games.

Shooters - Hmm depends? FPS? or Space shipp shooters??... FPS are cool like SOF2, CS, Etc, etc. I dont like the old space shooter side scrollers =p
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-08-08, 02:33 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Tomb Raider is a typical action game. If you're unsure whether the game is a shooter or an action/adventure game, pick shooter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-08-08, 09:40 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
they're all good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-08-08, 10:39 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
ya i think their all good, i was gonna select racing, but then i thought about grand tuismo 3, now that changed my descision.
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-08-08, 11:25 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
I'm going to catagorize all games that have the word "Deer" or "Emergency" in them under Misc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-08-08, 09:00 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
I like some select racing games, like Grand Turismo, but some are just crap, so I chose racing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-08-09, 02:07 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Quote:
Originally posted by GravitonSurge
I'm going to catagorize all games that have the word "Deer" or "Emergency" in them under Misc.
Would you like to include the word "Extreme" in that genre? Example: Extreme Paintbrawl, Extreme Rodeo, Extreme Needlepoint.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2002-08-09, 01:23 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Is there really an extreme rodeo?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-08-09, 04:14 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Sadly, yes James. Go read the review on pc.ign.com. It's a scorcher!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2002-08-10, 04:22 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
I really dislike PC Sport games like World Cup 2002 etc...

Btw who the hell choose Roleplaying???
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBMS-IcE- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BMS-IcE-

Posted 2002-08-10, 07:39 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Which one is the worst gaming genre?"
Probably someone who just voted for everything
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE