Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

tooth extraction?
Posted 2010-12-29, 11:38 AM
anybody ever had any pulled? I've never had teeth pulled, and am going tomorrow in the morning to have 3 pulled completely. what should I expect?

And they're giving me a shot (I assume novacane*sp), and they gave me a healthy prescription of Vicodin and 800mg Ibuprofens for the pain/swelling that may occur.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-12-30, 09:21 AM in reply to D3V's post "tooth extraction?"
Doesn't hurt, just a lot of pressure. Take a vic before you go and you'll be fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-12-30, 09:37 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Doesn't hurt, just a lot of pressure...."
Damn, that was easy. For real, people hyped the shit out of it making such a big ass deal and it literally wasn't bad at all. Like you said, just some pressure and nothing to worry about. I hate that I slightly worked myself up for it, what a joke.

but now I'm at work :[

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-12-30, 04:31 PM in reply to D3V's post "tooth extraction?"
Nah don't get pulled just tough it out that's what I did with my wisdom teeth and second skull
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-12-31, 10:02 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Nah don't get pulled just tough it out..."
Second skull? Orly?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-12-31, 05:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Second skull? Orly?"
D3v, what kind of pain if any were you feeling before you decided to go get them pulled? My jaw hurts like no pain I have ever felt before. Its not my teeth, but more like the right where the jawbone joint is. I'm not sure what it is, but I am unable to close the right side of my mouth enough to chew food, this is getting insane, I may need to go get something from the ER for this..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-12-31, 08:08 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "D3v, what kind of pain if any were you..."
Sounds like a wisdom tooth to me, don't freak out about it. Go to a dentist and they will take care of it, the ER will just send you to a dentist anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-12-31, 10:41 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sounds like a wisdom tooth to me, don't..."
Yea, I was more or less looking for some meds to kill the pain. What I can get over the counter isn't strong enough. If it is my wisdom tooth/teeth, wouldn't the tooth itself hurt, as oppose to the jawbone? The closest thing I can think of to simulate the pain is sticking a small bouncy ball inbetween your molers and attempting to bite down on it. Thats what it feels like.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-12-31, 10:54 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Yea, I was more or less looking for..."
Go ask a dentist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-01, 02:54 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "D3v, what kind of pain if any were you..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
D3v, what kind of pain if any were you feeling before you decided to go get them pulled? My jaw hurts like no pain I have ever felt before. Its not my teeth, but more like the right where the jawbone joint is. I'm not sure what it is, but I am unable to close the right side of my mouth enough to chew food, this is getting insane, I may need to go get something from the ER for this..
Yeah mine got so bad that I couldn't talk for about a week and I had to stop working due to that. It ended though, maybe total fucked-up time of 10 days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2011-01-03, 08:50 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "D3v, what kind of pain if any were you..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
It progressed on me pretty fast. I noticed I had a cracked molar and a wisdom tooth pressing on it for a while, but never did anything. The pain at first was dull, than within a day rapidly went to extreme pain, and radiated throughout my entire top portion of my jaw, and also was felt in the lower section. I was taking the max dosage of ibuprofen (2x200mg per 4 hours) to no avail. They basically gave me 16x800mg ibuprofens and 16x750mg Vicodin for the pain, and told me to rotate between them and it's definitely helped out a bunch pre-op and post-op. like K_A said, just go to the dentist. The ER won't be able to help you unless they send you into actual surgery, which with anathesia there and other medical costs will run you out the ass. Don't forget Dentists are Drs as well, so they can prescribe anything you'll need.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-11, 11:33 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It progressed on me pretty fast. I..."
Having teeth pulled isn't really that bad. It's kind of creepy when you hear the roots crack though, haha.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2011-01-12, 09:37 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Having teeth pulled isn't really that..."
yeah I had a bit of anxiety at first like I said, but it went away pretty fast. I actually have a big interest in dentistry now, it seems like a cool field of work.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-12, 10:10 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "yeah I had a bit of anxiety at first..."
You are a moron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-12, 10:34 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You are a moron."
how u figer

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2011-01-25, 05:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "yeah I had a bit of anxiety at first..."
D3V said: [Goto]
yeah I had a bit of anxiety at first like I said, but it went away pretty fast. I actually have a big interest in dentistry now, it seems like a cool field of work.
I guess, if you limit to adults only. Kids bite. They bite for no reason. I don't know why someone would want to give them a reason. That's not to say adults won't bite, but they might be a little more hesitant.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mutant Couch

Posted 2011-01-25, 07:11 PM in reply to D3V's post "tooth extraction?"
Nope. Had one surgically removed though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-30, 09:12 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Nope. Had one surgically removed..."
You should be more careful about what you put in your butt .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood