Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

"The Jena 6" Have you heard?
Posted 2007-09-14, 10:18 AM
Howdy,

By now I'm hoping you've heard about the
fucked up situation in Jena, LA. In case you haven't:

http://revcom.us/a/095/free-jena-six-en.html
(the first in a series of articles in Revolution about
the Jena 6)
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...LATE=DEFA ULT

The first of the Jena 6 to be convicted, Mychal Bell,
is scheduled to be sentenced on September 20th. I'm
trying to organize a contingent from this area to be
at the courthouse in Jena and stand against this.

Whatever your ideology maybe, and however vehemently you disagree with mine, we can all agree that this is an injustice. The charges against these 6 kids need to be dropped. They need to know in Jena, as well as in the rest of this country, that we will not stand for this blatant racism.

If you want to get involved, let me know. Message me, or email me (iamdoug2k@yahoo.com). And if you aren't in Texas, see if you can't organize something where you are. If you need help, I can give you a place to start.

-Purple

I got the above thing from a friend of mine on Myspace... Me an him and a few of our friends are acctually going to Jena LA, on the 20th to help the ppl... One of the links above is connected to the Revolutionary Communist party asking ppl to come to Jena and protest what is going on. It's wanted to be made clear that should anyone go out in protest you will not be associated with the RCP just for being there. Anyways I figured of all place's someone here might have something to say about this... I think its a bunch of Bullshit... I also have more information on this if you want to find out more you can contact me at www.myspace.com/thequeenofspades4386 ty for reading have a nice day

Ja

(sorry for double posting this... I posted it in the wrong place at first **ducks head** I know I'm a ditz)
Like it or Leave it<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NyxianaSpades

Posted 2007-09-14, 10:33 AM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post ""The Jena 6" Have you heard?"
Sounds like an article I posted a while back. Lemme find it.. Here

There are still some regions in the south that think they're living in the 60's. This shit honestly makes me sick. I think it's pretty cool that you and some friends are traveling there. I don't know what you can do to help besides protest, but good luck to you guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-14, 01:17 PM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post ""The Jena 6" Have you heard?"
I'm sorry, but whether or not there were racial injustices in the past I do believe they deserve more stern treatment than a slap on the wrist. The opposite is the truth here ...I've seen black guys beat up white kids who were white supremacists, but that doesn't justify their method. What did they get? They didn't even get fucking detention because the white kid used the "n word".

White or black people should be punished for these things. Race shouldn't be an issue only stupidity. Sure, the symbolism of the nooses is horrible and the students should be punished for that, but that certainly does not justify assault and they should be punished. That guy wasn't just roughed up a little, he was savagely beaten. I've gone to a dance with a broken leg before and it didn't mean shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-20, 08:46 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm sorry, but whether or not there..."
Agreed with Willkill.

The only injustice here is that those 6 black students are being glorified as heroes. All of this shit is just widening the gap between whites and blacks.

Did those students really think that attacking a white kid for being a racist would help anything at all? It just gives the white supremists even more to use against them, as they're doing right now, and they deserve what they are getting. People need to learn that violence is a LAST RESORT and not something you do because you feel you're justified, because most likely you AREN'T.

I will agree that there are many imbalances in our country as far as what opportunities the dominant groups have versus the subordinate groups(No, I'm not saying blacks are worse than whites, those are the actual terms used for the different social groups,) but people really need to learn how to handle it better than this. When someone dislikes/hates you, and you attack them for it, or retaliate in any way, you just make them dislike/hate you more. Fuel to the fire. It seems pretty obvious to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-20, 09:43 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Agreed with Willkill. The only..."
It all depends on the events after the nooses were hung. You have to agree that that in itself is a moral outrage. It is my understanding that there was a fight involving multiple persons from each party, yet only the "Jena 6" are being charged. I read that the main guy, Mychal Bell, is facing up to 22 years in prison. For assault. People get beat up everyday, why is this case so different? That is where the race card comes into play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-20, 10:58 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It all depends on the events after the..."
All that needs to be done is the charges lowered for all of the kids, give them all equal punishments for the fights. But who knows, there still may be more shit out there that we don't even know about, and of course the NAACP has to come in and stir up even more shit, so doesn't look like things are going to change any time soon.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-20, 11:00 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "All that needs to be done is the..."
The more people join one side or the other, the bigger the fight gets. Give all of the black kids and all of the white kids the same damn charges and tell everyone to STFU, especially that asshat Sharpton.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-20, 02:09 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The more people join one side or the..."
Well, all I can say is that kid I saw on t.v. didn't look like he was in a stereotypical high school fight. Looks like he was jumped by them but that's just my opinion. It does not take much to kill someone and with the swelling his face had it looks like he took some serious blows. I've been hit in the face with a baseball bat before and I didn't look like that.

Whether or not he said "nigger", who gives a shit? That gives you NO right to beat someone to death. Sure, they didn't beat him to death but I really and sincerely doubt they were thinking about that. They could have killed him

I'm trying to find the whole story but all I'm getting is pro-black propoganda.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-20, 02:17 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Well, all I can say is that kid I saw..."
Well, he went to some sports game that night, after getting the shit beat outta him. It couldn't have been THAT bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-20, 02:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well, he went to some sports game that..."
It's just being blown out of proportion by everyone, the justice system down there is filled with hick ass rednecks that are taking the absolutely wrong side of this, the Supreme Justice system might have to take over for a fair trial, and all of these morons marching down there are like everyone has said, making the situation worse.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-20, 02:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The more people join one side or the..."
!King_Amazon! said:
The more people join one side or the other, the bigger the fight gets. Give all of the black kids and all of the white kids the same damn charges and tell everyone to STFU, especially that asshat Sharpton.
Word. I hate it how Sharpton uses every national, race-based arguement to his advantage. I mean, basically right now he's just in it for himself. To promote THE REV AL SHARPTON!

But, you're right, the charges should be the same for every single kid involved and people should move on. Isn't the trial going on today? It'd be crazy if a riot broke out or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-20, 03:19 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Word. I hate it how Sharpton uses every..."
I think that when the white kid pulled the gun on the two black kids, and they wrestled him to the ground and took the gun was the right thing to do.. shit they have balls for even attempting to remove the gun from his possesion. And the fact that the white guy got nothing, and the 2 blacks got charged assualt and THEFT? are you serious?

thats a little rediculous..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-09-20, 06:43 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I think that when the white kid pulled..."
I'm watching a show about it on the news right now. 6 black dudes jumped him. They threw him down and started beating him even after he was unconcious. Is that a stereotypical highschool fight? He really could have died. Sure, he went to a dance but who gives a shit? They didn't break his legs but that's not what it takes to kill someone.

I'm not saying that the white kids shouldn't be charged equally for their things. The white kid with the gun, if proven to not be trying to defend himself, should be jailed too. I'm sorry but I've just seen too much of this shit in my lifetime.

It happened at least 8 times at my highschool alone during my 4 years there. Tons of black dudes jumped racist white guys one at a time when they went to the bathroom. They just sat in the bathroom waiting. Those were the only instances of it happening. Guess how many of them got expelled (some of them were involved in multiple cases)? None. Where was the outrage? There was none. I'm sorry but even if the white guy was saying "nigger" initially ...it was a hate crime perpetuated by the african americans on him. Believe it or not, you can have someone jailed or sue them for using language like that ...but you're not supposed to kill them.

That simplistic thinking should have went the way of the dinosaurs. Reverse racism isn't any good either. I'm glad at least the Supreme Court's starting to think that way. I'm a liberal in general but not on the issue of "reverese racism being okay".

I'm a little bias I suppose. I'm a nice guy and didn't start shit with anyone and some of those very same black guys started shit with me. I had one "check" me trying to push me into the lockers and I just threw his ass into the wall. He didn't mess with me anymore at least.

---------------------------------------------------------

At least one of the kids stood on the unconcious guy's head. Just a normal school yard fight. They should be slapped on the wrist *nods*.

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2007-09-20 at 07:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-20, 08:33 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm watching a show about it on the..."
I don't care what someone SAYS to you, it does not justify violence against them.

I'm all for self defense, but only immature people retaliate when someone calls them a name.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-22, 10:09 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't care what someone SAYS to you,..."
Where are D3v and Thanatos's backing up the black dudes now? 6 on 1. Sorry, but that's a pretty typical thing in the South. It's reverse now. It's not white people lynching black people, but black people lynching white people with all but legal immunity. I tell you an option the kids should be given to expunge all charges.

Let the kid that got beaten up and 5 of his friends beat up each one of them. Sounds fair, right? I think so. Maybe I should e-mail that one to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-22, 11:43 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Where are D3v and Thanatos's backing up..."
Willkillforfood said:
Where are D3v and Thanatos's backing up the black dudes now? 6 on 1. Sorry, but that's a pretty typical thing in the South. It's reverse now. It's not white people lynching black people, but black people lynching white people with all but legal immunity. I tell you an option the kids should be given to expunge all charges.

Let the kid that got beaten up and 5 of his friends beat up each one of them. Sounds fair, right? I think so. Maybe I should e-mail that one to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
It's actually been similar for me back in Jr/High School as well, the reverse racism seems to be getting larger. Down here, a lot of the Mexicans had started in on it as well.

Stupid people will kill us all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-22, 01:06 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It's actually been similar for me back..."
African americans are plagued by criminal convictions.

http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/usa/race/pdf/table4.pdf

That has the % of population of blacks in a state and what percentage of the prison population they are. I'm sorry, but I don't think it's just racism through my personal experience. A lot of the blame needs to go to the parenting (or lack there of).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-24, 06:51 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "African americans are plagued by..."
Chart is from 2002.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-24, 08:19 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Where are D3v and Thanatos's backing up..."
Willkillforfood said:

Dude, like I said earlier, people get beat up every single day. Yes, even 6 on 1 beatings. These guys got charged for attempted murder. Are you kidding me? The white guy went to a school function that same night. Yeah, he must have been pretty banged up. Yes, the charges were lessened a bit but one guy is still facing 15+ years in prison.. for beating somebody up. If that same stance was followed nation-wide, half of the highschool population should be jailed right now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-24, 08:29 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Where are D3v and Thanatos's backing up..."
Willkillforfood said:

I stated my point earlier. We have morons like Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton making the entire situation worse. MOST AMERICANS can agree that the charges are bullshit. It's out of our hands, it's out of the NAACP's hands, the only people that can change what happened is the court that made the ruling, or even possibly the Supreme Court.

Let's take into consideration they did try and kill him, so what. Isn't that what you do in a fight? You try to knock somebody unconcious. Shit happens, people get hurt. He isn't dead. If they we're really trying to kill him they probably would have finished the job. I am not consouling the fighting, or mention that it is right or anything, but as Thanatos said they we're just fighting.

Just suspend all of the kids from school for the rest of the year, Expell them, whatever. Let them find another way of Education. Throw out the charges, and move the fuck on.

Everyone that plays the race card is usually more racist than what is actually going on. Americans are so dimwitted these days.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V