Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Question Name me Something
Posted 2007-10-18, 01:18 PM
This isn't necessairily a debate, more-so of a question.

I feel that there is a BAD side to everything, there honestly isn't anything I can collect off the top of my head that doesn't have a bad side.

Example:

Religion = Good for the followers, then you have people that take it to the extremes (bible thumpers and JIHADists). As well as Devil worshipers... etc.

Fast Food = Great for short on time, horrible for your diet.

Etc etc, Just to name off random things, but when it comes down to it, is there anything on the face of this earth that is Good without a Bad side to it? If so I can't honestly think of it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:19 PM in reply to D3V's post "Name me Something"
Puppies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:20 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Puppies."
Puppies grow up.

Puppies shit all over the place, and tear shit up, they smell weird, don't listen, are hard to train and are usually expensive as shit.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:24 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Puppies grow up. Puppies shit all..."
There is absolutely nothing that I know of that is purely one thing.

The reason is, for something to be "Good" there has to be "Bad" to it as well, otherwise you would have no definition of what the "Good" is.

For example, if there were no "Bad" Christians, how would you be able to explain what a "Good" Christian is?

You should do some reading on Lao-Tsu. He was an ancient philosopher that pretty much revolved around this idea. I believe he was the first to come up with the concept of "Yin and Yang."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There is absolutely nothing that I know..."
Ah I suppose, I have never heard of him.

I'm still trying to think of something that could be considered good and not bad, maybe what I should do is reverse my thinking on things.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah I suppose, I have never heard of..."
Well pretty much he says that you can't describe one thing without having something to compare it to. Thus, you can't have something that is solely "Good" since you don't know what "Good" is until you know also what "Bad" is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:30 PM in reply to D3V's post "Name me Something"
What are you supposed to be? Some sort of stupid word genie?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:30 PM in reply to D3V's post "Name me Something"
I'll name you "dumbass."

"Good" and "bad" are purely human constructs, so we as a collective group decide what is good and what is bad. Thus there is nothing inherently good or bad. We consider it bad for a human to kill other humans, but it's not bad for a lion to kill other lions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:31 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well pretty much he says that you can't..."
The only thing I could really maybe make pheasable to being good and not bad would be Evolution, because evolution always makes changes for the better, but I'm not sure even if general terms should count.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:33 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The only thing I could really maybe..."
I disagree. Since genetic defects fall under evolution, that means genetic diseases such as mental retardation and autism would have to be considered good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The only thing I could really maybe..."
What if insects evolve so far that they mutate and become as large as humans and lay eggs in our stomachs? What then, mr Darwin?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:43 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "What if insects evolve so far that they..."
"Want to discuss a hot topic, or rant about something? This is the place. Spamming is not tolerated here."

Please try to keep in mind that there's supposed to be serious discussion in here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-18, 01:52 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I disagree. Since genetic defects fall..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
I disagree. Since genetic defects fall under evolution, that means genetic diseases such as mental retardation and autism would have to be considered good.
Damn I hadn't realized that. Good point though. What about Oxygen? You really can't find anything bad about that, we need it to breathe it can't ever really be in abundance.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-10-18, 02:01 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn I hadn't realized that. Good point..."
Causes fires.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-10-18, 02:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Causes fires."
There are other catalysts to starting fires, not just oxygen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-18, 02:31 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "There are other catalysts to starting..."
You're completely missing the point.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-10-18, 02:44 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "You're completely missing the point."
No I'm not. Oxygen itself doesn't cause fires. Therefore, there's nothing really "bad" about oxygen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-10-18, 02:53 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "No I'm not. Oxygen itself doesn't cause..."
Oxygen does not spark fires by itself, but it does "cause" fires because it is an oxidizer in combustion. Yes, fires can be created with other substances, but oxygen-based combustion is by far the most prevalent and burns down our buildings and homes.

Oxygen can also be poisonous.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-10-18 at 02:56 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2007-10-18, 03:06 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Oxygen does not spark fires by itself,..."
Oxygen doesn't positively effect everything it interacts with. Therefore, it isn't only good. Oxygen can be very bad for a few things in my line of work. It also oxidizes things which is sometimes not good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-10-18, 03:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oxygen doesn't positively effect..."
Recieving oral.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda