Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Should D3V be unbanned?
Yes 8 57.14%
No 5 35.71%
It doesn't matter to me either way 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2008-08-19, 04:23 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "First thing, asshat should be declared..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
"Quit being a baby, this is just a forum."
would you mind QQ'ing a little louder i dont think you made it clear enough. Lol - taking the side of 'justice' is terrible i agree shame on me. What do i need to know about him? Well lets see what i do know about him.
  1. He is a dick
  2. He is banned
  3. He has fanboys all over this forum

Thank you grammer patrol for catching my mispelling, what should thy punishment be you 1337h4xx0r.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-19, 10:42 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "would you mind QQ'ing a little louder i..."
Just to start out, I guess you assume anyone that disagrees with D3v staying banned as a 'fanboy'? If so I'd be included in that ban, at least somewhat. I don't personally think that D3v has the capability to screw people over in real life. If that is the fact, then he is most likely either using some sort of professional resource available to him through work (which would leave him punishable legally probably), or actually paying real money to get reports on people. I severely doubt all of those things. They're imporbable.

I think it is nothing short of idiotic to make people be willing to be banned if D3v gets banned. We have something in the area of a dozen or a dozen and a half active posters here. There's always been this big push to bring in new members, but you'd like to ban a (probably) contributing member in order to prove you were right? We've lost MJ and Grav, most likely, for good if not a good while. They're both very busy people who have a lot going on for them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-19, 11:02 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Just to start out, I guess you assume..."
more or less fanboy was directed at the idiots that atk me and prefer to believe i dont matter... some will comment on this with a 'you dont' that will stand them out for clarity... like KA said, if someone really truely believes he would have changed then putting your name on the line is like saying i promise.

If no one is willing to vouch for him then the answer should be clear. Vouching for someone who has turned a new leaf has no repercussions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-19, 11:39 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "more or less fanboy was directed at the..."
WKFF said:
I think it is nothing short of idiotic to make people be willing to be banned if D3v gets banned. We have something in the area of a dozen or a dozen and a half active posters here. There's always been this big push to bring in new members, but you'd like to ban a (probably) contributing member in order to prove you were right? We've lost MJ and Grav, most likely, for good if not a good while. They're both very busy people who have a lot going on for them.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Kazilla, you've openly stated before you don't research accusations, you simply go by what other people have said. This is made evident by your "The whole Middle East = the Taliban" theory. Your opinion is absolutely useless in this matter. You're one more post away from being the first member I've ever had to block on this site. Reading your posts and wading through the shit-infested assumptions and horrible communication skills causes me so much mental anguish, I'm afraid my brain is going to shit itself and I'd rather like to avoid that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-19, 11:52 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Couldn't have said it any better..."
...k? vouch for him
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-20, 12:14 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Just to start out, I guess you assume..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
I think it is nothing short of idiotic to make people be willing to be banned if D3v gets banned.
Nobody is making anyone do anything. I was simply throwing the idea out on the table. I don't think it's unreasonable to hold someone to their word. If someone is saying "D3v has changed, he won't be bad anymore, blah blah," they should back that up, and I see no better way to do that than to agree to be banned along with D3v should he end up getting himself banned again.

The problem is that nobody actually believes D3v has changed, or at least they aren't confident enough in him to risk getting banned themselves.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-20, 02:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nobody is making anyone do anything. I..."
I think there's no doubt about the fact that he's changed. But that doesn't change the fact that both you and at least a couple others do not like him. With most of you having the power to ban him on practically a whim, the likelihood of him getting banned (at least temporarily) again is pretty high. It doesn't mean there is no confidence in his ability to act mature, but in the ability of a few admins to not pull the trigger when their finger's oh-so-ready to do so.

Again, like I said, your idea is not conducive to Zelaron's health. You want to ban people who are having mature, intellectual discourse over the subject if you, or another admin, decides that even a minor infraction is worth punishing him over (which happened all the time.) If D3v acts like an ass again you can ban him again, but taking another member who is not doing the deed just because they have some faith in the man is very silly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-20, 08:51 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I think there's no doubt about the fact..."
I think there's no doubt about the fact that he's changed. But that doesn't change the fact that both you and at least a couple others do not like him. With most of you having the power to ban him on practically a whim, the likelihood of him getting banned (at least temporarily) again is pretty high. It doesn't mean there is no confidence in his ability to act mature, but in the ability of a few admins to not pull the trigger when their finger's oh-so-ready to do so.
Well the way things were handled for the last little while D3v was here was that Chruser made the call what would happen to D3v if he stepped out of line. I was specifically told not to take action against him, but rather forward
any concerns to Chruser and let him deal with it.

If you're claiming Chruser has some bias against D3v, well, I'd say you're wrong. Even if you're not, it's Chruser's forum and I don't think anyone is going to stop him from banning whoever he wants.

Again, like I said, your idea is not conducive to Zelaron's health. You want to ban people who are having mature, intellectual discourse over the subject if you, or another admin, decides that even a minor infraction is worth punishing him over (which happened all the time.) If D3v acts like an ass again you can ban him again, but taking another member who is not doing the deed just because they have some faith in the man is very silly.
Actually it's quite the contrary. My idea is a valid argument against unbanning D3v, because if nobody has the faith in D3v to risk getting banned right along with him, it shows that nobody really thinks D3v has changed.

I don't expect that my idea will ever be put to use, because this will never get to that point. D3v will most likely not be unbanned, and my idea is basically only serving as a safety net.

Therefore, since my idea is helping prevent D3v's return, it is, by definition, conducive to Zelaron's health.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-20, 09:25 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well the way things were handled for..."
Wetwired should post his thoughts and vote.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-20, 10:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well the way things were handled for..."
Hey, how about I vouch for him? You can ban me along with him if he doesn't shapen up when he comes back. I'm pretty confident that he would be fine if unbanned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-08-20, 11:29 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Hey, how about I vouch for him? You..."
Why you? Why not just have SirPullido vouch for him. If D3v gets banned again, we'll ban SirPullido too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-20, 04:03 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why you? Why not just have SirPullido..."
let just make an account that it will get banned if d3v will and it availible to everyone
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-20, 10:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well the way things were handled for..."
Your idea is about the worst way of going about this, actually.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-21, 07:07 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why you? Why not just have SirPullido..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Why you? Why not just have SirPullido vouch for him. If D3v gets banned again, we'll ban SirPullido too.
There you have it. You've got somebody to vouch for him. Somebody is actually going along with your idiotic way to resolve this... You specifically named ME to vouch for him and now that somebody else besides me wants to vouch, suddenly he can't do it?

Wow.

How about this: If you don't let Titus vouch for him, I will. If D3V gets banned again and I get banned too, oh well. This is just a forum.. there are plenty of other good forums on the web, I'll just find another one should I be banned from here. There you have it.. the magical words you've been looking for KA, I'll vouch for D3V.

It's not like Chruser said your idea has any validity anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-21, 07:50 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "There you have it. You've got somebody..."
K_A's idea really goes along with the spirit of expanding the forum's active member base...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-21, 08:04 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "There you have it. You've got somebody..."
i will too well heck if im banned who will care not me and with the bann sread out d3v will care about getting banned
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-21, 08:14 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "K_A's idea really goes along with the..."
HandOfHeaven said: [Goto]
K_A's idea really goes along with the spirit of expanding the forum's active member base...
The purpose is to fish out the asshats like d3v and his fellow fanboys

With the 1/2 decent to decent members not worrying about what poor ol d3v is doing. He got banned boo hoo bring my boytoy back so i can speak with him about voom vooms. lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-21, 08:52 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "The purpose is to fish out the asshats..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
The purpose is to fish out the asshats like d3v and his fellow fanboys

With the 1/2 decent to decent members not worrying about what poor ol d3v is doing. He got banned boo hoo bring my boytoy back so i can speak with him about voom vooms. lol
Holy shit your idiocy knows no bounds. That is not the purpose of this at all. Please stop acting like you know everything that is going on here when you've only been back for two weeks. It makes you look like an even bigger retard than you actually are.

Don't you get tired of multiple people telling you you're an imbecile? It's like it doesn't even register in your childish brain that you really are an idiot, despite what countless people are telling you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-21, 09:34 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Holy shit your idiocy knows no bounds...."
If you put Titus and Thanatos on that list, throw me on there as well. You can ban all 3 of us. If your immature and ill thought out method is the only one available to get the guy another chance then I don't really give a shit, I'll go along. I've got enough shit going on since I'm taking 6 classes and possibly working anyways, plus a girlfriend. So if he does screw up then I'll go along with them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-21, 09:35 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "If you put Titus and Thanatos on that..."
add me on it too i dont care my life is boring even with zel and school is going to be starting soon for me soo i dont mined
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123